Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If it weren't for Bitterness, disgust and raging hatred, I'd have no feelings at all.
[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The "Can we still be friends" thing NEVER works!
Why do chicks always want to try that crap?
Guys NEVER try the "still be friends" crap, we know better!
View Quote

I gotta throw the bullshit flag down on that one.... my last two ex-boyfriends wanted to do the "let's be friends" thing.  I was the one who said that idea was a no-go.  

In fact, one of them I told, in no uncertain terms, that I never wanted to hear from him again.  He still IM's me from time to time.  Dumb ass. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Well, I agree to the rare exception.
You must be one hell of a lady, or they're just worthless & weak! (As Ted Nugent would say)
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, first things first.  You've gotta be in charge of the situation.  You don't sound like you are.

What did you learn from the way things went before?

People do change, but not quickly.  So chances are that you will be rewinding the tape and play it over again.  

Do that in your mind, not in real life.  

When you get to the part about how she hurt you, replay over & over, not so you get bitter & vindictive, but so you remember how it wound up when she dumped you. That way, when she shows up in tight pants batting her eyes, you MIGHT not lose touch with reality.

There's a good reason you split up.  It's an even better reason to stay that way.

Look at it this way, if you hook up with someone else instead, at least THEY will be an unknown.  And watch out for someone who is LIKE HER.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The wench had her chance.  Unfortunately, you said you are still suffering from the weakness of desire.  If there is any way to do so, ignore it.  Pride, arrogance, and hatred seem to be the best medicine for your situation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
preferably stepping off the curb in front of my %$*&# truck! [:(!]
View Quote

Yeah!! [devil]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Bang & bail.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
here's an interesting idea. Maybe a few really bad apples among the female population are going through boyfriends like ammo on full auto and leaving cases where full rounds were. (you get throw out hot and empty, HAHAHA)

Anyway, this is all terribly amusing to me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
It really all depends on what you want/expect... Get laid, get back together, clear some things up, just be friends, ect.

Generally, from your statement:
but i still miss her.
View Quote

I would tell you to stay the hell away. But, that would depend on things like, did she hurt you because you broke up ? Or was her behavior (ie: was she being a mean bitch) that hurt you... and also ow long has it been.

If you do decide to go see her, which I get the vibe you are going to do. Do not be jelous, don't try and exact revenge, don't rehash the past... Conduct yourself like a grown man and gentelman.
Don't think just because things go well, you hang out, get laid, whatever... That your getting back together.

A number of things could be going on with this woman, that you want no part of. She could be on the rebound and your "safe." She could be lonely. She might miss you and gain some personal self-esteem from that fact that you'll show up at her call, at which point, she will split... There are a ton of reasons.
In my experience, the second time rarely works out, unless it's been a number of years since you've seen each other.
It ain't worth the trouble.

Hell, she just may want to get laid, if you can handle that...go for it.

What it comes down to is simply this. Can you handle whatever get thrown you way ? If you say no, don't go.

FWIW: I am very good, best friends, with an exgirlfriend. However, after we broke up (it wasn't blody) we didn't see each other for almost 2 years. We saw each other in a bar and have been friends ever sense... And yea, we occasionally, when both single, sleep together.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top