Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2005 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It would all depend.  If I had breast cancer and had to get a double mastectomy, then I probably would choose to get breast implants.  On my own, with the boobs I have , I don't need them.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2005 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It would all depend.  If I had breast cancer and had to get a double mastectomy, then I probably would choose to get breast implants.  On my own, with the boobs I have not, I don't need them.  

oh i said no but in that situation i might too
Link Posted: 4/22/2005 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Olyarms,

As a girl who lives in sunny Las Vegas, NO WAY.   I know it is pretty common here.

Tricia
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#4]
<-----------I'm not a woman obviously, so my opinion dosen't really matter but as far as I'm concerned, if you do get a boob job do it for yourself.

If your thinking of doing it for a man, any man, then maybe you havn't found the right man yet.....ymmv.........
Link Posted: 4/24/2005 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope.

Since the baby I have too much as it is - they hurt my damn back.

Feels like this;

and I'm not even breastfeeding.

It's a wicked joke being played on me, I tell ya.

Link Posted: 4/25/2005 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I would never get them.  Nor would I let Mrs. Wedge get them either.
Link Posted: 4/25/2005 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I actually considered getting a reduction when I had 5,000 at my disposal one time.  It's actually MORE invasive than an enhancement if you can believe it.

I would have been out of work for 3 weeks, and have to wear a very heavy duty sports bra for a couple of months, with hopefully minimal scarring.

Just wasn't worth it to me.  I guess they're ok, I'll keep them.  They've grown on me.

chuckle.  I'll be over here.

Link Posted: 4/25/2005 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#8]
My Wife's Cousin had a breast reduction at ~18 yo. She was short, hugely out of proportion and she told us that they were killing her back. I admit she looked a lot better after the surgery (and they were still big, just not grossly out of proportion with the rest of her body).

A good friend (my Wife's college roommate) also had reduction surgery. She was another short woman and I suspect that they were also killing her back. She was probably 30 or so when she had it done.
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Simply carious curious how many woman on the site would get a boob job if they could free at no cost.

Mine are big enough......
BTW: I'm a guy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]

I say YES.......................

((I received a nice little chuck of company stock last year and I told the wifey that we can either use that money for breast implants or a new motorcycle, it's her choice.  Either way, I win!))

YAHOO....................I got both !!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:21:59 AM EDT
[#11]
My first wife had the procedure.  She did it to feel better about herself.  I think it's one of those personal kind of things.  

Hell if it makes ya feel better about yourself, why not?  It didn't cause me one minute of discomfort.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:34:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:52:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
actually, the question should be

would you allow your wife to get them done....

Actually, that prolly shouldn't be the question on the women's forum............

Jake is *indeed* WISE!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would consider it.... not at this moment but maybe ten years down the road after my child bearing years are over.... not to be huge but for the maintainance of the perkiness factor!  

Kids do a number on your breasts: as in 34 b/c to 40DD to 36A.
Yup...bearing children can change your whole body permenantly: ribcage can expand and breast mass can decrease significantly. It's disheartening. Is it worth it? Sure...I love my rugrats. But the woman looking back at me in the mirror is not the same woman before kids. What God gaveth, my kids took-awayth!
My recommendation is any major work be done *after* the kids: that way you truly can reclaim your body and not worry about "touch" ups.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:08:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would consider it.... not at this moment but maybe ten years down the road after my child bearing years are over.... not to be huge but for the maintainance of the perkiness factor!  

Yup...bearing children can change your whole body permenantly: ribcage can expand and breast mass can decrease significantly. It's disheartening. Is it worth it? Sure...I love my rugrats. But the woman looking back at me in the mirror is not the same woman before kids. What God gaveth, my kids took-awayth!
My recommendation is any major work be done *after* the kids: that way you truly can reclaim your body and not worry about "touch" ups.

But why do you feel disfigured?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<re-reads post twice> I don't see anywhere in my post where I used that word to describe myself. I don't feel disfigured. I am however *different*. I bear the battlewounds of childbearing, not disfigurement.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<re-reads post twice> I don't see anywhere in my post where I used that word to describe myself. I don't feel disfigured. I am however *different*. I bear the battlewounds of childbearing, not disfigurement.

I read your post,
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I read your post,

And for that...you should thank a teacher!
And now we break for Shakespeare:
Riddling confession finds but riddling shrift.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I've considered a reduction, but was told that it was much more invasive than an upgrade, and you end up looking like Frankenstein afterwards.  No thanks.  But if having kids can make them smaller afterwards, then hey!  Maybe I should jump on that train!  What a plus...oh, and the kids part, too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#20]
No but I would get a reduction!
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I actually considered getting a reduction when I had 5,000 at my disposal one time.  It's actually MORE invasive than an enhancement if you can believe it.

Uh, somebody once described to me the reduction surgery and it made my spine tingle and I don't even have boobs.    Something about the phrase "remove the nipple" that when I hear it I do a goofy little dance as if I got a chill down my spine while standing to pee(guys know what I'm talking about on that one, maybe even women with little boys).
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've considered a reduction, but was told that it was much more invasive than an upgrade, and you end up looking like Frankenstein afterwards.  No thanks.  But if having kids can make them smaller afterwards, then hey!  Maybe I should jump on that train!  What a plus...oh, and the kids part, too.

Wouldn't count on it...different women have different breast issues when preggers.  I had a friend who went from almost nothing to a C and never left.  My didn't change much except for the lack of perkyness that comes from breastfeeding  I love my son, but kids do warp your body
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No but I would get a reduction!

wifeofgunnut: pls see SP1Grrl's reply (immediately above your post), as well as daisywench's.

mr_gunnut: you can thank me later...............  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, somebody once described to me the reduction surgery and it made my spine tingle and I don't even have boobs.    Something about the phrase "remove the nipple" that when I hear it I do a goofy little dance as if I got a chill down my spine while standing to pee(guys know what I'm talking about on that one, maybe even women with little boys).

Of course, the parts aren't interchangeable, and this isn't a perfect analogy*, but the phrase "remove the nipple" - to me (and, if I had boobs) - would be a near equivalent to "remove the head" in my present condition.  

* yes, both sexes could be thought of as having a similar anatomical structure as "breasts" (pecs with a nipple over them), but the female version of this has a lot more plumbing/handiwork inside it, so....... not the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Shoot, I'm not even that big, and I'd STILL be happer w/a bit LESS (not a lot, just a bit)... now if you're offering to pay for a REDUCTION... (fortunately I did NOT "inherit my mother's side's breasts... (my little sis did, however - not certain if she thinks that's a good thing or not... :/ she's straight, but she's pretty level headed... usually, anyway)
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Well the nerp gets reattached but I can't help but wonder how much sensitivity is lost.

Makes me wonder about a past girlfriend who didn't so much as bat an eye when I gave her a playful tweak, what fun she was    180 degrees polar opposite of another "fun" girlfriend I used to have.

Anyhow, enough of that.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm happy with what God gave me, even though there isn't much there.

ditto
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:25:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm wondering why this thread has 4 fuckin pages? Where is the poll on that?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Even though I'm obvious not female, I will chim in anyways. Personally, I like the ones that the woman were born with. My wife was a 32A when we were married, and expanded to 32B and stayed that way after the birth of our 3 children. And I love my wife dearly, and I wouldn't want her to subject her to unnecessarily risk of surgery.

I think for women in the show business profession, breast enhancement would be logical, as a lot of people in Hollyweird is really appearance oriented. They look good only as long as they keep their clothes on. Without clothing, some of them look so unnatural they look hideous, some of the woman in Playboy, Penthouse etc.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top