Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
What isn't too well known among the public is Operation Starvation

The U.S. conducted an extensive mining campaign (Operation Starvation) against Japan in the closing months of World War II.  From March through August of 1945, U.S. forces, primarily B-29 Bombers, laid 12,000 mines in major ports and in the Shimonoseki Strait.  650 ships were sunk or seriously damaged by these mines.  The table below illustrates the outcome of this operation.

Total Deadweight Tonnage Entering Japanese Ports, March-August 1945*

MARCH 1945 -------850,000
APRIL 1945 --------775,000
MAY 1945 ----------580,000
JUNE 1945 ---------330,000
JULY 1945 ----------250,000
AUGUST 1945 ------150,000

*These figures, interpolated from data found in older bar charts, are approximate

from:www.cnsl.spear.navy.mil/ships/pioneer/mine_warfare.htm
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Japan and Germany were working on a dirty (nuclear waste)  bomb to drop on San Francisco.  The U.S. Navy intercepted the sub bringing the nuc materials to japan so it never happened.

Are you high?

I remember seeing some show about Germany sending atomic know how to Japan on the History Channel.  This link is in line with what I remember from the show.

www.jref.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1464.html
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
im watching a show on the history channel about bombs and we hammered their largest cities with incindiary bombs not to mention the 2 atomics we dropped. history channel estimated 200,000 dead with just the incindiaries. just wondering why we went after their civilian pop. after all they bombed our military installation in pearl harbour ?

A large portion of the Japanese arms were made in their cottage industry. The civilians made many of the munitions in their homes and neighborhood shops. That was unlike Germany where they mostly had very large factories. We attacked the factories which in Japan's case, happened to be in the neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe that the word you are looking for is retaliation.

Say it with me boys and girls “Reee tal Eeee Ayyy Shun.” Good, I knew you could
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
People make weapons, people grow food, people make paper that's used by the military, people support operations.

If I burn down a city, it is no longer capable of supporting military operations either physically or economically. This is where the term "total war" comes from.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Serious question here…

Person #1 gets drafted by his country, put in uniform, given a crappy rifle and ten rounds of ammunition, and gets shipped out to defend some hellhole of an island.

Person #2 doesn’t get drafted for some reason or another…

Why is it OK to kill person #1 but not person #2?

People throw around the term “innocent civilian” all the time like civilians are somehow more innocent than a soldier. I think that’s just a load of BS.

Wars are nasty business, and it pays to end them as quickly as possible. I believe that in a war you should find the quickest way to win and then kill or destroy anything and everything necessary to achieve that objective. And if killing or destroying something won’t help you win then you should leave it alone.

In my example above, if Person #1 was on a small island that was cut off and useless to our military, then it would be wrong to go kill him just because he’s a soldier. On the other hand if Person #2 is working nights from his house to make rifle stocks for the enemy then I don’t have a problem with dropping a bomb on his house.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#7]
The war on terror will reach a "total war" scenario. I hope it will be before all is lost. World War III has already started; some people have not realized it yet.

Bob
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Hitler defined the rules by bombing London. After that, when the Allies went on the offensive, they were repaid in kind.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
It had mostly to do with pure and simple effectiveness.

In Europe, specifically against the Germans, factories were big and large structures that you could identify from the air.  They were easily identifiable and could be targeted.  Usually the lead bombardier would toggle on the factory concerned and if everyone else in his squadron (16-24 aircraft) toggled at once, given the circular probable error of the day, you could hit it.

In Japan, they found out that the jet stream (blowing from west to east) was throwing planes all over, and many of the Japanese industry/factory targets had been built in wooden buildings that could not be identified, or hit, very easily.

Curtis Lemay got tasked with this.  Noone really cared how it got done, he was just told to knock out targets.

They went from the original plan, which was copied from European doctrine, to Lemay's. (Lemay commanded in Europe so this was pretty original on his part.)

They went from 30,000 feet to like 9,000. Night instead of day, incendiaries instead of HE, and since the Japanese night fighters were a shambles  they left most of the gunners behind.  Hit the city anywhere and let the fires knock things out, as they didnt know where things were, anyway.

Not really all that different from British tacics-a function of the limitations of the weapons, mostly.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
because that's how wars were fought for thousands of years.

Actually European wars for the last couple centuries almost never concerned civilains.

But in WWII, it was realized that destroying civvie populations hurt the military.

And I think part of it was racism. I sincerely doubt we would ever have dropped a nuke on Berlin.
(But we should have right after the Soviets took the city, and hit Moscow next.)
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
im watching a show on the history channel about bombs and we hammered their largest cities with incindiary bombs not to mention the 2 atomics we dropped. history channel estimated 200,000 dead with just the incindiaries. just wondering why we went after their civilian pop. after all they bombed our military installation in pearl harbour ?

We went after industrial centers that were producing the armaments enabling the Japanese to continue the fight.

When the enemy can no longer produce weapons, amunition, vehicles, planes, armor, artillery, etc, his ability to continue the fight is limited.

The Japanese also made themselves a real nuissance in their tactics and their refusal to surrender. After seeing the losses just on a little spec of dirt like Okinawa, the leadership of the US had every right to believe that trying to invade the Japanese home island would be even worse.

Thus the decision was made to try and use the atomic bomb to break their will and force their surrender. Yes, lots of people died. Including innocent women and children.

But the Japanese brought that on themselves. Their attrocities during WWII were as mean and nasty as the Nazi attrocities, even if they didn't manage to slaughter 6 million Jews.

To my knowledge, no one has been able to do a comprehensive documentation of Japanese war crimes because they didn't keep records like the Germans did, and because most if not all of the responsible leaders killed themselves rather than be captured or surrender.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
People make weapons, people grow food, people make paper that's used by the military, people support operations.

If I burn down a city, it is no longer capable of supporting military operations either physically or economically. This is where the term "total war" comes from.

hmm... you do realize that by this rationale, Al-Qaida was justified in flying planes into our fucking buildings on 9/11... right? I mean, the WTC was a major economic power house, and the destruction of it sank our economy a good bit; so, since Al-Qaida's goal is to eliminate the US by any means possible, then by your argument it was okay for them to kill innocent civilians in order to help that goal come to fruition.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The Philipinos were ok with it.

Talk to some old school folks from the Philipenes sometime.

They absolutely despise the Japanese.

And with good reason.

The most awful story I have heard from someone who lived through that nightmare was that a group of Japanese soldiers wanted to rape a young mother who happened to be holding her young child. They grabbed the child away from his mother, threw him into the air, and then caught him on the bayonet of one of their rifles.

The lady I knew was 10 at the time she saw this.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Given the technology of the day -- dumb iron bombs dropped using very primitive navigation methods -- there was no way to do the precision strikes that we see today.

That too.

We had no real way of dropping a single bomb onto a single target like we do today. The tactic was to take tons and tons of conventional dumb bombs and try to saturate a target area with them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To keep from losing HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN LIVES in a house to house war on mainland Japan against a fanatical enemy . End of story.

+1 I read a biography on Truman and it stated in the biography that after the first bomb was dropped the Japanese got together and decided that it would be shameful to surrender.  This was decided on a poll of the people, whether they were defeated or not.  

It wasn't until after the devastation of the 2nd bomb that it was even considered surrendering.  

War with Japan was entirely different than any other war before.  With that said, Hitler carpet bombed major European Cities with what tools he had and IF either Germany or Japan had access to the Bomb they would have used it.  

In Truman's speech about using the bomb to the Japanese he clearly states "We won the race to Atomic proportions"  This indicates to me that we weren't the only one exploring this option.

Patty

We weren't. Everybody was trying to develop The Bomb. It is by the grace of God that we managed to get it first.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Funny I watched the same special.  They said that the Tokyo firebombings killed more people than Hiroshima and Naggasaki.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I don't have time to read the thread, and I'm sure this has been posted, but in case not, we did it because it saved American lives.  It would have cost far too many <American> lives to invade the country.  Even Democrats back in those days were loyal to America, as hard as that may be to fathom these days.  

actually, the democrats of that day are the modern day republicans and vice-versa.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Just my opinion but they fucking deserved it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The strategic bombing of japanese cities had nothing to do with limited technology for precision strikes.

It was a sort of terrorism.

Bullshit.

Quit using these revisionist labels.

Fire-bombing was carried out as a long-term strategy to destroy Japan's ability to produce war materials as well as undermine the Japanese Government's will to continue the war.

Which is how you make war. It's never pretty.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The only reason why the Japanese never bombed our cities was because they couldn't, not because they didn't want too.  

They tried a couple hairbrained schemes like baloon bombs but it wasn't effective at all.

If the Japanese had the ability too, they would have done the same thing to us.  

Once more, two big oceans provided us with the insulation necessary to win WWII. The oceans have always been a natural protection for the US. Invading us has always been problematic because of them.

Unless you are MS-13, in which case you can just walk across the border while we smile at you...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The strategic bombing of japanese cities had nothing to do with limited technology for precision strikes.

It was a sort of terrorism.

Bullshit.

Quit using these revisionist labels.

Fire-bombing was carried out as a long-term strategy to destroy Japan's ability to produce war materials as well as undermine the Japanese Government's will to continue the war.

Which is how you make war. It's never pretty.

hmm... instilling fear among innocent civilians is the definition of terrorism. With all of the recommendations around here of stringing up alleged terrorists and the general pro-torture sentiment, I find it surprising that people around here don't see how similar their views on the treatment of civilians in a war is to the terrorists.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nagasaki and Hiro, where militaru industrial centers, making equipment for the war machine(Legit target).

+1 and there were times when we dropped leaflets naming 5 cites and telling them that 3 of the were going to be bombed. It was up to the Japs to decide if they wanted to bug out. I dont think Hiro or NAgasaki were on them though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Officially, the same reason we went after Germany's population.  Killing, dehousing, and breaking the will of the worker was the easiest way to hinder industrial production without smart weapons.

The real reason is because to everyone in the US at the time, they were nothing but dirty Japs.

No, the real reason WAS NOT RACISM DAMMIT!!!

Stop drinking the lefty revisionist kool-aid!!

The bombing of Japan was done FOR A STRATEGIC PURPOSE. We were faced with a fanatical enemy who did not operate by any of the "civilized" rules of war.

We did what we had to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

And when it was all over, we rebuilt the place.

Some of you folks need to read some history. Read what Doug MacArthur had to say about the Japanese. He had tremendous respect for their culture and their people. But he had no illusions about what was necessary to prevail in a conflict with them.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
WWII (and also WWI) were both all about the sort of gloves off, all-out warfare that you can only get into when EVERYTHING is at stake.    WWII DID turn into a NUCLEAR war,  you realize.    We and our opponents used everything available to us, including biological (in a rudimentary capacity) and chemical (fairly common) weapons.

Just hope we never have to go into a total warfare situation like that again.

WWII took about FIFTY MILLION lives in total.

About TWENTY MILLION were soldiers of all branches and all nations.

The rest were civilians killed as a result of war, one way or another.

I don't think anyone can really comprehend the destruction of the lives of fifty million individual human beings.

CJ

I think your fifty million estimate is a bit conservative.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#26]
There are complicating issues as well, WE genuinely tried Daylight precision bombing to absolutely horrid effect.

The problem was partially due to the fact that Japanese industry was so widespread, and partially due to the Jetstream which was not understood at the time. The Jetstream is the piece of the puzzle that most people ignore, it pushed the b-29's past the speed where it could bomb precisely.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Serious question here…

Person #1 gets drafted by his country, put in uniform, given a crappy rifle and ten rounds of ammunition, and gets shipped out to defend some hellhole of an island.

Person #2 doesn’t get drafted for some reason or another…

Why is it OK to kill person #1 but not person #2?\

Because person number 1 has a rifle and is shooting at you.

Duh.

People throw around the term “innocent civilian” all the time like civilians are somehow more innocent than a soldier. I think that’s just a load of BS.

There IS a difference between a person in the field with a weapon actively engaged in an offensive plan to kill you and over-run your country and destroy your way of life, and a person who ISN'T doing those things.

Still, in WWII the enemy's ability to produce supplies for their war effort HAD to be destroyed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Because we were still sane enough to know then that all warfare is and always has been between peoples, not militaries.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
because that's how wars were fought for thousands of years.

Actually European wars for the last couple centuries almost never concerned civilains.

But in WWII, it was realized that destroying civvie populations hurt the military.

And I think part of it was racism. I sincerely doubt we would ever have dropped a nuke on Berlin.
(But we should have right after the Soviets took the city, and hit Moscow next.)

No, Truman should have allowed Patton to march into downtown Moscow.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#31]

We didn't go after Japanese Civvies.

We went under Japanese INDUSTRY.

Most of the Japanese industry was a 'cottage industry' IE small places that made parts, uniforms, etc.

Tokyo was a frame building city and a lot of production was coming out of there small places.

Burn the city and cripple the Japanese War Effort.

FWIW, how many of us would , say, sew uniforms, make small parts at home after hours to keep a war going? I truly respect the Japanese in that department.(Today's US Soccer Mom: What? After I pick Jimmy up and clean house? You want me to sew bandages and make uniforms? Are you SERIOUS?)

piccolo

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
hmm... you do realize that by this rationale, Al-Qaida was justified in flying planes into our fucking buildings on 9/11... right? I mean, the WTC was a major economic power house, and the destruction of it sank our economy a good bit; so, since Al-Qaida's goal is to eliminate the US by any means possible, then by your argument it was okay for them to kill innocent civilians in order to help that goal come to fruition.

Lord, forgive this person of his utter stupidity, and cure the blindness that prevents him from seeing the difference between a group of rag-headed terrorists who believe themselves to be judge, jury, and executioner of anyone they don't like and a STATE POWER WITH A UNIFORMED MILITARY ENGAGING IN WARFARE IN RESPONSE TO AN ATTACK ON OUR SOIL AND A WORDLWIDE THREAT AGAINST FREEDOM AND CIVILIZATION ITSELF.

Amen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I don't have time to read the thread, and I'm sure this has been posted, but in case not, we did it because it saved American lives.  It would have cost far too many <American> lives to invade the country.  Even Democrats back in those days were loyal to America, as hard as that may be to fathom these days.  

And in the position of the American President, if you are choosing between option A that will kill tens or hundreds of thousands of American soldiers who had already bled and suffered so much in a campaign to conquer Japan where hundreds of thousands or more probably millions of Japanese will be killed, or an option that just kills a couple of hundred thousand Japanese in a swift stroke that might prevent an invasion, the choice is clear.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
hmm... instilling fear among innocent civilians is the definition of terrorism. With all of the recommendations around here of stringing up alleged terrorists and the general pro-torture sentiment, I find it surprising that people around here don't see how similar their views on the treatment of civilians in a war is to the terrorists.

I think you need to stop being an equivocator and terrorist sympathizer.

If you can't tell the friggin difference between what the US military did in WWII and what those AQ jackasses did on 9-11, then you are too stupid to engage in a rational discussion.

The US military spent the overwhelming majority of its time and effort trying to render the military power of a foreign state useless.

US Marines weren't walking into Tokyo elementary schools with bombs and blowing themselves up deliberately targeting innocent people and trying to slaughter as many of them as they could wholesale.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lord, forgive this person of his utter stupidity, and cure the blindness that prevents him from seeing the difference between a group of rag-headed terrorists who believe themselves to be judge, jury, and executioner of anyone they don't like and a STATE POWER WITH A UNIFORMED MILITARY ENGAGING IN WARFARE.

Amen.

When it comes to killing civilians, you cannot justify one group doing it but then say another group cannot do it. Since you pointed out the fact that Al-Qaida isn't an official state, let's go with a state involved in terror: Iran. Are you saying that it is A-OK for Iran to fund and operate terror missions in Iraq that kill innocent Iraqis going about their daily routine? How about Syria, is it okay for them to assassinate the leaders of Lebanon and kill civilians in Lebanon to maintain their power over the region?

Or, sticking with WWII, was it okay for Hitler to bomb the daylights out of London, killing tens(hundreds?) of thousands of British citizens?

I personally find all of the acts morally reprehensible; however, I do acknowledge their strategic purpose. I don't however see the difference between a state in war killing civilians and a guerilla force at war killing civilians.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you can't tell the friggin difference between what the US military did in WWII and what those AQ jackasses did on 9-11, then you are too stupid to engage in a rational discussion.

The US military spent the overwhelming majority of its time and effort trying to render the military power of a foreign state useless.

US Marines weren't walking into Tokyo elementary schools with bombs and blowing themselves up deliberately targeting innocent people and trying to slaughter as many of them as they could wholesale.

Grow up.

We both have the same goals, the destruction of an enemy state and consolidation of power. Since YOU were the one to bring up the moral justification of killing civilians in war, I say that by your logic terrorists -- whose goal is to prevent the independent operation of Iraq -- are okay killing civilians PROVIDED their goal is to "render the military power of a foreign state useless", and are not doing it for shits and giggles.

EDIT: and you are the terrorist sympathizer, any organization, be it a state or a rag-tag band of guerillas, who engages in operations to instill fear in the populace of a country in addition to other strategic goals, is a terroristic organization.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#37]
removes part of the work force that would otherwise be rebuilding the factories in dispursed locations in basements
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Why did we go after japans civilian population in WWII?

Because Japans government was our enemy and all that supported it.

GM
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Grow up.

We both have the same goals, the destruction of an enemy state and consolidation of power. Since YOU were the one to bring up the moral justification of killing civilians in war, I say that by your logic terrorists -- whose goal is to prevent the independent operation of Iraq -- are okay killing civilians PROVIDED their goal is to "render the military power of a foreign state useless", and are not doing it for shits and giggles.

EDIT: and you are the terrorist sympathizer, any organization, be it a state or a rag-tag band of guerillas, who engages in operations to instill fear in the populace of a country in addition to other strategic goals, is a terroristic organization.

The goal wasn't to instill fear.  It was to destroy the enemies war making capability.  9-11 did nothing to destroy our war making ability.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Firebombing was popular on all fronts.  But thanks for pointing out the Asian front was consistant with the rest of the war.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#41]
it's allways been that way ,firebombing London,Dressdon,or the twin towers!  The hits don't usually hit the military instalations!

Doolittles raids weren't presice bombing just there to let the Japanish know we were on the job and going to kick some ass!!

Bob
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Japan and Germany were working on a dirty (nuclear waste)  bomb to drop on San Francisco.  The U.S. Navy intercepted the sub bringing the nuc materials to japan so it never happened.

Are you high?

There was a history channel show about this several months back.  It was a German Uboat carrying Japanese nuclear material and a few Japanese officers.  The Germans recieved the message that their government had surrendered while they were en route to carry out the attack.  The disappeared the Japanese officers overboard and surrendered.

EDIT: Boat was U-234.  Google should find it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The goal wasn't to instill fear.  It was to destroy the enemies war making capability.  9-11 did nothing to destroy our war making ability.  

Don't feed the .

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Because it is war.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I personally find all of the acts morally reprehensible; however, I do acknowledge their strategic purpose. I don't however see the difference between a state in war killing civilians and a guerilla force at war killing civilians.

WWII  - people making ammo and equipment for the military became military targets. Like many of the Japanese that were killed in the bombings.

9-11 and others - people going about their daily lives ambivelant to any war or cause.

Please tell us how the latter is as justified as the first?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#46]
There was NO civilian population everybody even the chidren worked for the war evert.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nagasaki and Hiro, where militaru industrial centers, making equipment for the war machine(Legit target).

The Japanese didn't have zoning rules for keeping factories in separate areas. They put munitions plants next to schools and such.  There weren't any pure military or industrial targets.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Funny I watched the same special.  They said that the Tokyo firebombings killed more people than Hiroshima and Naggasaki.

Yup, a "regular" bombing run on Hiroshima or Nagasaki would have killed just as many. US bombing raids on other cities were killing 100K-200K on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Fuck with a bull, you get the horns.

+1 or maybe two or three million Japanese. If you start shit you better be able to see it through, they underestimated usand they lost the hard way, end of story.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

It was a sort of terrorism.  Fire-bombing was carried out as a long-term strategy to destroy Japan's ability to produce war materials as well as undermine the Japanese Government's will to continue the war.

An army cannot fight if the country cannot produce any more machines of war. Destry the factories or the people that work in them.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top