Quoted:
"my bad"  

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fixed Income.

I keep hearing it from seniors. No senior lives on a fixed income; they get automatic COLA.

If your talking about working people, then someone who is not allowed to work overtime is on a fixed income.

The other phrase that raises my blood pressure is "Ya undrstan wat i'm say'n?" Yeah, baby.

I hate that shit. I'm on a salary of about $33K but Mr. Spanish-American war vet fuck head is making $75K a year from annuities and such and I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because you don't want to work? Fuck off and die, please.

No, really, sooner would be better than later.

Greatest genereation, my ass.

I don't want to work when I'm 75 either. It's called retirement. Feel free to take a long walk off a short bridge yourself. Troll.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Business speak" is the only thing that actually gets on my nerves.

"We'll take this offline"

"I'll ping you after the con call"

"We can leverage our in-house talent"

"Let's go after the low hanging fruit"

Shit like that.

It's insulting to me, because the speaker obviously thinks very little of my intelligence. Why else would they presume I'm impressed by nonsensical bullshit like this?

I've read entire emails that went on for 3 pages, when a single paragraph could have conveyed the exact same message. Some folks have forgotten how to communicate ideas. I just want to grab some of them by the neck and say "Stop trying to sound smarter than you really are, and speak like a normal fucking human being".

Oh couch it Subnet. You're burning too many cycles on this.
Yeah, I don't really have the bandwidth for this right now. I've got a customer-facing engagement this week, and the deliverables won't be ready until Tuesday. This is a new vertical-market, so maybe I can get them to pushback.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
When people refer to a group of objects as "those ones" or "these ones", I tell people to use nouns.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Shit like that.

It's insulting to me, because the speaker obviously thinks very little of my intelligence. Why else would they presume I'm impressed by nonsensical bullshit like this?

I've read entire emails that went on for 3 pages, when a single paragraph could have conveyed the exact same message. Some folks have forgotten how to communicate ideas. I just want to grab some of them by the neck and say "Stop trying to sound smarter than you really are, and speak like a normal fucking human being".

It's used as a way to compensate for them lacking in other areas of their life.  I have a buddy who is the same way.  The guy has probably, literally, 1400 books in his collection and is very book-smart and well-read in English/Literature.  And he does the same thing in everyday normal conversation and I'll look at him and go, "Dude, no one fucking talks like that anymore, wtf, this isn't 1738."
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
D/T.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit like that.

Yeah, I don't really have the bandwidth for this right now. I've got a customer-facing engagement this week, and the deliverables won't be ready until Tuesday. This is a new vertical-market, so maybe I can get them to pushback.

HAHA
Dude, again, drill down on it when you do have the cycles and then cascade it out to the rest of the team. This needs to be a win win so if you can't get to it do a core dump with your mentor and then loop back with me when you're done to give me the 40K foot view.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Its not even funny.

That guy molested so many kids "its not even funny."
Like if he only did it to two or three, I would chuckle.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]
At the end of the day...

Shut the fuck up.  You mean "in summation," or "after thoroughly considering all factors and implications, the results will likely be as follows."

The only thing happening at the "end of the day" is you'll have had your ass kicked unless you stop saying that.

ETA:  I see I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Sometimes if I've hit a wall when studying, I'll call up my dad and say hi for a few minutes to destress and calm down. He will then lecture me about the "diminishing marginal returns" of staying awake, while I study economics. The last thing I feel like hearing when I'm banging my head against the wall over an economics or math problem is more economics.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#12]
"Let me be clear"

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree with a lot of the ones already posted, especially the shortened firearms names.

Another two that I didn't see yet:

1. "That's what I'm talking about". I heard that shit in the .mil all the time, and I always hated it.

2. "Ding ding ding! We have a winner!"  That shit is posted here on ARF all the time, that one gets on my nerves maybe more than any other that I see here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#14]
"that said,"   "wow, just wow"  "really"  although "seriously" doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fixed Income.

I keep hearing it from seniors. No senior lives on a fixed income; they get automatic COLA.

If your talking about working people, then someone who is not allowed to work overtime is on a fixed income.

The other phrase that raises my blood pressure is "Ya undrstan wat i'm say'n?" Yeah, baby.

I hate that shit. I'm on a salary of about $33K but Mr. Spanish-American war vet fuck head is making $75K a year from annuities and such and I'm supposed to feel sorry for you because you don't want to work? Fuck off and die, please.

I don't want to work when I'm 75 either. It's called retirement. Feel free to take a long walk off a short bridge yourself. Troll.

You entirely missed my point. I don't want to have to work my whole life, and if I do things right, I won't have to. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about some dickwad telling me he's on a fixed income and therefore deserving of some sort of sympathy when he makes more than me, not that making more money is bad, just the whole "Woe is me, I'm on a fixed income," bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fixed Income.

You entirely missed my point. I don't want to have to work my whole life, and if I do things right, I won't have to. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about some dickwad telling me he's on a fixed income and therefore deserving of some sort of sympathy when he makes more than me, not that making more money is bad, just the whole "Woe is me, I'm on a fixed income," bullshit.

You need to learn to write better. To say a veteran needs to "Fuck off and die" is way out of line. And people who have planned and worked for their own retirement are on a fixed income. They get what their pension/ investments pay them. As far as a cost of living is concerned people who put in 30 years deserve something like that or they would not be able to live. Just as working people get a cost of living raise too. Be careful when lumping some non starters in with hard workers. Because you may be some "old fuck head" to somebody one day too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
it is what it is..

bullshit..it is what you make it

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#18]
"and all"

It's how I know my boss is not telling me the truth.

For instance : " we looked things over and all, and we are going to hold off right now and all and see whats going to happen and all"

Just tell me you ain't gonna give me a raise.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#19]
preggo  say fucking pregnant  or  'rents how hard is it to say parents
and number one is
COOL STORY BRO
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#20]
When I answer a telephone and the person that dialed my number opens the conversation with "Listen".  

I answered the phone and it is against my ear; exactly WTF do you think I'm doing?

Is this just a Noo Yawk thing?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#21]
It is what it is.

I know, right?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The only ones that bug the shit out of me are the ones that murder the English language. Examples include:

For all intensive purposes.

That's a good ideal. I think I'll try that!

Sooner than later.

Those would have to be mine as well.

And in the written word, "tow the line."  Dammit, it's TOE the line.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
"Not a problem"

"Gotta do it"

"Hey girlfriend"

"Ninja"

"Dude"

I say dude all the time.  

That's a name no man would self apply where I come from.

Here's mine - "How are you doing?"

Now don't jump all over me. I appreciate when others are interested in my well being. But asking this in the evening when I just saw you this morning is disingenuous. If you really cared to know how I was doing, you'd notice this huge grin on my face and know I was just fine, and you wouldn't be debasing this perfectly good sign of affection by asking it in the most inopportune moments.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#24]
peeps instead of people

issues
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#25]
"baby momma" or "baby daddy"
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#26]
stupider-as this is not a word

get under you nerves-this is a new one to me and I already fucking hate it!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Cool story, Bro" or any of it variants

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#28]
"want to come with" when ever a girl says that to me i want to slap the shit out of them but they are hot so i let it pass.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Bro.  I hate being called Bro.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
When someone refers to a vacation as a Vay-Kay!  It drives me nuts and I don't know why.

Damn, that sounds gay!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
At the end of the day...

Shut the fuck up.  You mean "in summation," or "after thoroughly considering all factors and implications, the results will likely be as follows."

The only thing happening at the "end of the day" is you'll have had your ass kicked unless you stop saying that.

ETA:  I see I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If you are talking to Obama voters, saying "in summation" will provoke a gawking reaction at dem big words.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Its not even funny.

Is that a chick in your avatar? Because those boobs are hefty.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#33]
any phrase with "son" on the end of it , or "what it do" or when people say "peace" instead of goodbye
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#34]
"Get my hair did" or however the hell people say that.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fixed Income.

You need to learn to write better. To say a veteran needs to "Fuck off and die" is way out of line. And people who have planned and worked for their own retirement are on a fixed income. They get what their pension/ investments pay them. As far as a cost of living is concerned people who put in 30 years deserve something like that or they would not be able to live. Just as working people get a cost of living raise too. Be careful when lumping some non starters in with hard workers. Because you may be some "old fuck head" to somebody one day too.

Are you fucking serious? I didn't say a damn thing about a veteran. As a matter of fact, I am a veteran. I also just told you that I see nothing wrong with people saving and investing wisely for their future. The post was written sardonically about the phrase "fixed income." Maybe you just need to work on your reading comprehension and take some Midol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#36]
"We are pregnant"

What kind of metrosexual garbage is this? The woman is pregnant. She will bear the child. You will not.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are you fucking serious? I didn't say a damn thing about a veteran. As a matter of fact, I am a veteran. I also just told you that I see nothing wrong with people saving and investing wisely for their future. The post was written sardonically about the phrase "fixed income." Maybe you just need to work on your reading comprehension and take some Midol.

"Spanish American war vet"?

Just sayin, bro.

Do you hear what I'm sayin'?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#38]
"Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada yada ... you heard me... you heard me?"

Me:  "No, I'm f––-in' deaf."
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
"Not a problem"

"Gotta do it"

"Hey girlfriend"

"Ninja"

"Dude"

I say dude all the time.  

I'd punish my children when they'd use "dood" as a 3 syllable word!  Absolutely drove me nuts.  Hate the term.  Like nails on a chalkboard.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Using "Weapon System" when referring to a carbine, rifle or handgun.

Costa had me wanting to strangle kittens for using that term.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#41]
"Team player"
Anytime the word "team" or the phrase "team player" is used in a business environment someone is gonna get fucked.
Oh,also, any phrase or slogan on those stupid fucking motivational posters you see plastered on the walls of the offices of management types and their minions.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its not even funny.

Is that a chick in your avatar? Because those boobs are hefty.

Yeah, they are heavier than mine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Bro or "brah"

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Anytime I hear Jeff Dunham, or people copying Jeff Dunham..like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Shit like that.

This.

I'm in the same line of work that you are, only more on the data side.  

Another one that is especially irritating is using the word "Segway" when transitioning between topics.  Everytime I hear someone say that I immediately lose a little respect for them.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit like that.

I suggest we table this discussion.  

Another one I can't stand!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#47]
"Are we having fun yet?"  I hate that one at work.

"Bush's fault"

News story that starts as "Experts were surprised that..........." Usually a cover up spin to hide the truth.

And the ever popular, "Experts say......". Usually a warning that something else will kill you if you eat it.

Another one at work, "Do more with less".

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

"my bad"

this!

Drives me f'in nuts!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#49]
As to "ninja". . .

My son worked for a time at a commercial ambulance company.  Most of the people there were minorities.  My son (and I) are white. . . My son also runs track & cross country for a college in Manhattan (that's NYC, not Kansas), were most of his fellow runners are also minorites. . .so actually, HE is the minority, but let's not stray. .

Anyway, he started picking up the lingo, and would walk in the house announcing himself thusly:  "Hey what's crackin' my n(*^%$# ". . .  He would also say quite a bit:" N*%%$#, please!" to express a sentiment that might be expressed as " Oh, I don't believe that to be true".  Naturally this alarmed my wife (white also).   She did not want that kind of language in the house.  I was mildly amused, as I realized my son was just doing it for effect––-he's not a wigger. . . However, I of course expressed as much outrage as I deemed it necessary to mollify my wife.  I've been married over 32 years––-I know the drill.  

So. . . where was I?  Oh yeah.  I was on the snorgtee's website and I see that they had this shirt (since discontinued, to my continual dissappointment) that showed a "ninja" and had the phrase "Ninja––-Please!"  So I started to say "Ninja, . . . please!" instead of the less respectable ghetto slang version. . . it now is something I say all the time and with great abandon.   So I would hope that if and when any of you hear me, or anyone say "Ninja. . .please!", you will not judge us too harshly and realize we are just trying to politically correct a politically incorrect expression.

Peas, out. . .
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#50]
"Calm down" sets me off. It practically enrages me.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top