Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I worked at a door factory the summer after my freshman year of college for a few weeks.  I operated the giant 90* bender to bend the flat sheets of metal to form the edges of the door eight hours a day.   Easily my greatest motivator to do well in school.  Some of the people I worked with had been there 15+ years.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i drove around in a white van with a couple pot heads and tried to sell shitty speakers to people "hey man check this out, we had a delivery this morning and they loaded us with 2 extra sets of high end speakers. if i show up at the shop with them they will end up in my boss' house.". that lasted all of a week, guess im too honest to sell people $50 speakers for $200+ (i sold exactly 0).

i would have to say that was the flakiest opperation i have ever heard of.

I've had those guys show up before!  I was hanging out in a parking lot when this white child molester van pulled up and the guys tried to sell these POS, gigantic speakers to me.  

You monster!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Worked in a BINGO hall calling numbers
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Sold lawn chemicals over the phone. I lasted exactly 4 weeks and went home on lunch never to return.

To top it all off I had a manager that was a lifer with the company call me the next day and ask me if I wasn't coming back, I just laughed and hung up the phone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Mess-Cranking when I was in the Navy
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I worked at a Radio Shack and demanded addresses, phone numbers and blood type for batteries.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top