BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cinci is one of the wealthiest cities per capita in the US.

wait, does that mean the cost of rent within the city is pretty high?  I really don't feel like shelling out $1K a month plus utilities for a 2 bedroom place.  

That's the awesome part. We lived in a really large loft (2000 sf) for $750 a month. That space would have been $6-7000 a month in Chicago and forget about NYC or Boston.

Average nice area rents are going to be in the $600-700 range for 2br.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SKYLINE CHILI!!! GOLD STAR!

Norwood is the largest city in the USA within a city, that has very friendly gun laws. Cinci proper has terrible gun laws.

Fixt!

I'm not too sure about Norwood.  I've seen a few new COPS episodes featuring Norwood.  Seems like lots of crime happens down there.  

I owned a house in Norwood for a while.  It all depends what part.  Hyde Park area is so expensive that people are (were back then anyway-1998 or so) starting to spread into some of the nice older houses in Norwood.  I am not sure if it continued this way or not.  I think I would rather live out a ways.  If I ever moved back, I would live in Indiana and drive 30-45 minutes to work in Cincinnati so I could be out in the country.

We actually moved 2 counties north along the IN border. My commute is 70 minutes 1 way. I am in a county of about 40K people. 6K in town.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I lived there for a year and a half in the mid-90's.  I loved it!  We moved there from Houston, so the crime rate was virtually nil compared to what we were used to.  The seasons were great and I got almost enough snow to satisfy my desire (remember, I'm from Texas).

It's a great starting point to see many many things.  Indianapolis, Columbus, Lexington and Louisville are all 2 hours away.  Dayton is an hour away.  Some of my favorite things were:

* Clifton Gorge (have breakfast at the mill in Clifton)
* Wright Patterson AFB Museum
* Indianapolis zoo (they have the world's largest children's museum too)
* All of downtown Cincinnati
* Museum Center in Cincinnati
* Roebling suspension bridge
* Germantown in Columbus
* Mount Adams area of Cincinnati
* The Boathouse and Montgomery Inn!!!
* Lincoln's birthplace & boyhood home
* Many other things I don't recall

We went back on vacation last year.  Driving through the countryside anywhere in the area is terrific.  There are B&B's all around and no shortage of things to keep just about anyone interested.

Don't forget those showplaces in nearby KY, like Rabbit Hash and Big Bone Lick.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Norwood is the largest city in the USA within a city, that has very friendly gun laws. Cinci proper has terrible gun laws.

Fixt!

I'm not too sure about Norwood.  I've seen a few new COPS episodes featuring Norwood.  Seems like lots of crime happens down there.  

I owned a house in Norwood for a while.  It all depends what part.  Hyde Park area is so expensive that people are (were back then anyway-1998 or so) starting to spread into some of the nice older houses in Norwood.  I am not sure if it continued this way or not.  I think I would rather live out a ways.  If I ever moved back, I would live in Indiana and drive 30-45 minutes to work in Cincinnati so I could be out in the country.

We actually moved 2 counties north along the IN border. My commute is 70 minutes 1 way. I am in a county of about 40K people. 6K in town.

That is a long commute!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I didn't even realize how many gosh dang people and counties there were in Ohio until last years election.

Is there even parts of Ohio that are truely the "boonies" with all those people?

Living 20 miles out of the burbs does not count.

Yes, there are "boonies".  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Skyline?  Gold Star?

BAH!

CAMP WASHINGTON CHILI, BAYBEE!  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Its nice, but Ohio is no Texas.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixt!

Ever go up and camp or fish on Grand Lake St. Marys? A friend camped out down there for a few days last year. Pretty impressive for West Central Ohio.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't like Cinci.

Among its many problems, it is very hard to navigate.

It is the only place I’ve ever been where the racial tension is REALLY noticeable.  There seems to be a HUGE, citywide gang of African Americans wearing white shirts that want to tell you where to park.

The people are mutants.

Way too many hills.

Columbus has many problems, too, but I actually really like it.  It is a very liberal city, but actually a really nice place to live.  Columbus itself has awful gun laws and smoking ban and Nazi crap like that, but keep in mind that almost all of Columbus is made up of smaller municipalities and towns and things like that, and they have much more lenient laws.  Plus the traffic is not bad at all and the city layout is REALLY well designed.

Just my opinion, and I only lived in Cinci for less than a year, so keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:31:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Look at northern kentucky too. We have none of the B.S. that cincinnati has, and I live 10 min. from downtown.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top