Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Either show her the door or keep here only if she is great in bed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Everytime it becomes her night to cook I get hamburger-helper or a frozen pizza.   Any of y'all have have any idea how I can fix this problem without hurting her feelings?

"Her" night?

Here's your problem buddy!

EVERY night is HER night.

You got your job and she has hers.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I find it difficult to believe that someone "can't cook". I tend to think the real reason they "can't cook" is simply because they don't want to or are not interested in it. Whatever the reason, it is best to be up front about it in a constructive manner if it is something you would like for her to do.

There are tons of simple options in the frozen food section where all you need to do is heat some meat and pour on the bag of what-not and let it simmer. That is at least one step up from boxed meals.

Also, if you don't have one, I highly recommend getting a crock pot. For sure she should be able to cut veggies, pour in broth or your favorite beer, add a nice chunk of beef (or even chicken or turkey breasts) and let it cook itself!

Most of all, it sounds like she does a shitload of work around the house. Not everyone is perfect at everything. If she doesn't get the hang of the cooking thing, at least you'll have a clean house
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Everytime it becomes her night to cook I get hamburger-helper or a frozen pizza.   Any of y'all have have any idea how I can fix this problem without hurting her feelings?

Trust me, you're screwed. If she doesn't know how to cook, she probably won't want to learn and you'll be eating hamburger helper for the rest of your natural life. They either cook or they don't. Period!

Glad someone else gets it...

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Women's Lib.
Should explain it all right there.
"Chores such as cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, shopping, etc. should be evenly divided between the man and the woman." Something they always preach about.
However, worthy to note that mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, changing oil in the car, fixing flat tires, chopping wood for those that have stoves, household repairs of ALL kinds still clearly and 100% fall under the "man's" job.

Go figure.

Basically, womens lib equals dump off half of your chores on the male without picking up any of his.

I personally have taken offense by this. Not all women are like this who agree with womens lib. I do all of the "chores" listed as womans work. I also mow, take the trash out, do all household repairs. I make the appts and make sure the cars get worked on. I could do it, but with doing everything else, I don't have the time. And I still have energy at night for him to get some pie.  If ya got a woman like you mentioned, get a new one! one who will share the responsibilty.

OP.. teach her to cook, it can be done.

My apologies if you were offended. Guess I should have put a disclaimer on there.
I'm painting with a broad brush and there are sure to be exceptions to the rule or those who do not fit the mold so to speak. I suppose I should have said "Femi-nazis." Term I use to define those women's libbers that took things quite too far and in truth do not seek "equality" but superiority. I'm sure we have all met someone of that type. There are plenty of reasonable women that don't fall into that category.

No, I don't have a woman like the one I mentioned. I wouldn't be able to tolerate it, no matter how good the pie is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#6]

what can I do/ say to girlfriend who can't cook

Take less interest in food.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#7]
How is her PIE!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How is her PIE!

Yeah does she at least make some good pie?

Oh and are her fish tacos at least fresh or are they smelly?

How about her clam? is it any good?

How about her muff is it any good?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me, you're screwed. If she doesn't know how to cook, she probably won't want to learn and you'll be eating hamburger helper for the rest of your natural life. They either cook or they don't. Period!

This is not true, at least with my brothers wife,  when he first married her she couldn't cook very well at all, but watchin him cook got her interested.  She started watchin cookin shows and experimenting and the first thing you know damn near everything she cooks is good.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top