Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up mine about two months ago.  Really nice rifle.  I called to order a sling and manual and asked about the ammo since I'd heard PTR-91s can be a bit finicky.  The guy said just use the better types out there like the Aussie, S/A, etc. and it should eat it fine.  I've had no problems at all.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a bunch of original aluminum and steel mags that I've been shooting for 20 years and neither have ever failed. I should note that I'm talking about range use only. If I wanted SHTF mags, I definitely go for the steel. The steel mags would certainly take much more abuse than the aluminum mags would. If you're not going to abuse the mags, the aluminum will work fine for many years. If they were the same price, I'd take the steel. Typically steel are more expensive. I just bought 10 brand-new-in-the-wrap HK aluminum mags at a gun show for $5 each. They are almost disposable at that price.

The aluminum mags are probably 1/2 the weight of the steel version, if you had to carry HK91 mags on your back, it would definitely be the aluminum mags for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:
You need to edit the title.. its w00t not Woot.... Dont capitalize the w...

Picky, picky, picky.
-------------------------------------------------------------
nice rifle.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]
What you need to do now is buy about 100 magazines for it (the mags are very inexpensive).
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't do what I did and use Tetra or something similar on the rollers. It makes a horroble, horrible mess to clean up.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Great looking rifle twonami.......I'll have to look it to these some more.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#7]
i shot a full auto HK91... it kicked harder then my 50 BMG,,,, not fun to shoot..
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top