PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:47:01 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sauceboss:

problem is I only have a few things to sell, all of which are mid-high end pieces.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sauceboss:
Originally Posted By Rosenrot:
Here are my rules.

With buyers:
If I get payed with PayPal I send same day.
Money order or check, I wait for check to clear before I send out and I make this clear before any transaction occurs.

Buying: I only buy from people with good feedback that have been members for several years, 20+ feedback preferably.

If I were you I'd sell a few things first get your feedback up then go from there.

problem is I only have a few things to sell, all of which are mid-high end pieces.

Perhaps buy a few low price items to build feedback. Individual magazines perhaps. Feedback is feedback, whether buying a $7 magazine or selling a $1000 Ar15 upper.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2015 8:59:26 PM EDT by Enlightenme556]
Originally Posted By SeanTX:

Well said. Would I buy a PVS-14? No. 10pack of PMAGs? Sure. $500? Probably.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SeanTX:
Originally Posted By Redarts:
Communicate clearly and quickly, totally ignore crazy lowballs, and show pictures, especially if there are any questions about the item.

If a new member posted a $2000 gun I would be leery... some $50 stuff, especially with 600 posts? I wouldn't even think twice.

Well said. Would I buy a PVS-14? No. 10pack of PMAGs? Sure. $500? Probably.

Few years ago I bought an ar for about $1000 from a guy on m4c. To this day I have less than 100 posts, and I'm pretty sure he had about the same, but many years on his acct.
First time buying a gun online, first time spending more than a few hundred bucks peer to peer outside of ebay.

I was leery, to say the least.

I spoke to the guy on the phone, he set my mind at ease, everything seemed on the up and up...done deal.
For sure I could've gotten screwed... But it just felt good. Kinda like my other first time...

Eta. I think my first purchase here was an upper for a few hundred bucks...4-500. Guy had great pictures, we had a good email back and forth... item showed up in a few days. Don't remeberer his feedback. It wouldn't have mattered.

Etaaaaa but no, I wouldn't just mail a $3000 check to some new guy for a pvs or a gun. I wanna hear your voice so at least I know who fucked me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:53:17 PM EDT
Pics of the actual item...sorta serves as a "proof of life"
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:07:01 PM EDT
The one time I bought off a brand new member I got scammed.
POS sent me an empty box with only a bag in it with a big smiley face on it
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:45:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chmodx:
This.  I don't care, unless I know you personally in not sending anything without payment first.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chmodx:

Originally Posted By jlficken:

Originally Posted By 03PSD:

lesser feedback ships first regardless of buyer or seller.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

LOL....no.

If I am selling I am not shipping until I get paid.  In what world would anyone in their right mind ship something before getting paid for it.

This.  I don't care, unless I know you personally in not sending anything without payment first.

yet you expect the other person, with more verifiable history of completing deals, to do so?? just because you post a WTS ad in the EE with some slick photos doesnt mean you actually have the item you claim to be for sale.

I have used this guideline on many occassions and shipped first when the buyer had superior feedback without a single hiccup. On the few occassions where the other party balked, I am left to conclude they were either misrepresenting the item in some fashion or never actually had it to begin with.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:19:05 AM EDT
Lots of good advice. Regarding feedback, one thing that happens fairly often is a buyer will IM or e-mail you saying I'll take it, but they never go back and make a post in the ad. You cannot leave feedback if there is no post to attach it to. I have even sent buyers a message telling them to post for feedback, and they never did.

As a seller, I do not like leaving feedback until I make sure the buyer is happy with what they get. If the tracking number shows it was delivered, I will wait a week or so, then if nothing is heard I will go ahead and post positive, but it is better to get an IM or e-mail letting you know it is all good.  

Another thing, make sure you always ship with a method that includes tracking. The ONLY times I have had people claim they never got an item (both here and on ebay) was when something was sent by first class mail with no tracking. Tracking is like padlocks, they do not stop crooks, but they do keep honest men honest. I learned pretty quick to never ship without tracking.

Also, the best deal for shipping, especially relatively small heavy items, is USPS flat rate boxes. Free tracking and free $50 insurance. I have bought and sold for years, and have never had a priority mail package get lost or undelivered (and that is several hundred packages).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top