Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Lived in and near Medford when I was in High School. Been to C.S. a few times with work..

I would choose C.S. out of the two.. Nice sized (but not too big) city, mountains are a short drive away, overall nice place..

Medford, didnt care for.... Not allot of good work; Only  low paying (and getting lower) jobs like working in Mills, truck driving, etc... Also, the overall quality of life  is a big downgrade from CA (especially Bay Area)... Its very noticable when you cross the border. Last time I drove from CA to OR, my wife (who is from E.Europe) noticed it very much.. Buidlings are more run down, more trailer trash, etc....

Just as many "Not my targeted demographic" people there as well. At least in CA, they stayed out of the nice neighborhoods, etc...

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tell me about living in Boise Idaho, Medford Oregon and Colorado Springs Colorado.
The family is sick of the bay area in California and are thinking about moving to one of the above places. So if you live there I’d love to hear what you think of them. We don’t need much just looking for a nice neighborhood to raise our daughter and we can’t find that around here. Things we like are hiking, camping, having stores reasonably close, decent weather (not too cold and not raining all the time), letting our daughter walk to school without fear of her getting abducted, good schools, not having shitty traffic, and we would really love to goto subway and having the employees speak English.
So tell me what you like or dislike about where you live.
thanks

COS has all of that.  Well, except for the English speaking Subway employee.  They don't even have that in Boise.

In COS, on/near Stetson Hills right near the PetSmart/BestBuy little strip mall they have english speaking Subway people.  Including a really cute chica, last time I was there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top