BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You don't open carry in MD or DC for damn sure.  This incident wasn't on the VA side, where you CAN carry, so how that comment made any sense is beyond me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been taking metro for 15 years and this is the first I've heard of the Deanwood station. That should tell you what you need to know about what part of town it is in.

I first heard of it a week or two ago... when another kid was murdered there

From the Washington Post:  "At the same station March 26, another 15-year-old, Davonte Washington, was fatally shot as he waited for a train with his mother and younger sisters. Police said the suspected shooter was apparently angry over a glance or a stare and shot the youth unprovoked as he was on his way for an Easter haircut.  Last year on July 4, a man was robbed and repeatedly stabbed aboard a Red Line train as passengers watched and the train traveled from the Rhode Island Avenue station to the NoMa-Gallaudet station. In the past several months, Metro passengers have expressed growing concern about youth violence after several attacks involving large groups."

Meh, I open carry in Metro all the time.  I live off King Street Metro and walk home.  No one has bothered me yet.

Court House to King Street, no issues at all.  Then walk down King, hang a right on Washington Blvd to Mt Vernon and walk another 5 mins. You all may recognize me; I wear a cape and a cane.

You don't open carry in MD or DC for damn sure.  This incident wasn't on the VA side, where you CAN carry, so how that comment made any sense is beyond me.

Good grief. Why are the '14's so uppity. Man this place has gone downhill.  Such snappy, rude people.

"Well, if I don't agree that your comment exactly matches my preconceived idea of what a response should be, so I think your comment doenst belong here".  

Nobody cares if you think my comment makes sense.    And I'm pretty damn sure you're not the arbiter of what "belongs" or does "not".
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Good grief. Why are the '14's so uppity. Man this place has gone downhill.  Such snappy, rude people.

"Well, if I don't agree that your comment exactly matches my preconceived idea of what a response should be, so I think your comment doenst belong here".  

Nobody cares if you think my comment makes sense.    And I'm pretty damn sure you're not the arbiter of what "belongs" or does "not".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, I open carry in Metro all the time.  I live off King Street Metro and walk home.  No one has bothered me yet.

Court House to King Street, no issues at all.  Then walk down King, hang a right on Washington Blvd to Mt Vernon and walk another 5 mins. You all may recognize me; I wear a cape and a cane.

Go read YOUR comment again if you want to define "uppity".  Everything I said was 100% true and the sand got too deep in your crack, it happens.

We're talking about the DC metro and you start talking about VA gun laws.    You got called out saying something stupid and you were trying to look all cool with your little open carry story.  The end.

But please, continue with irrelevant nonsense contributing nothing to the story of the stabbing and stroking your ego about your ability to open carry legally in VA, which we all can.  If your biggest come back is my join date... dude, up your game.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
disregard the update, wrong thread

Got my metro incidents mixed up. Apparently there was a shooting death at the same station a couple months ago.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why do people say that   Are there sensible murders
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Another senseless murder,” Newsham called it.

Why do people say that   Are there sensible murders

Uh, yeah? Ever hear the phrases "justifiable homicide" or "some folks just need killin"?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#5]
A lot of this sits in the hands of the mayor, she has pushed for light  to zero punishment with these "teens".  Friends who work in DC are  picking up the same "teens" only to have them released back on the street with a slap on the wrist. They are then off to do it again and again.  Since they do not fear the repercussions of their actions they become more brazen  in their acts which has lead to stabbings and murder.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top