[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:13:18 AM EDT
[#2]
What happened, exactly?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

+1

FUCKING LOLS!!  thanks OP, I needed the laugh your update gave me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What happened, exactly?

poor bastard damn near burnt his house down.

I figure the sheet caught fire.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:22:55 AM EDT
[#6]
So you wrapped a sheet around a smoker and that sounds like a pretty good idea to you, huh?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:37:25 AM EDT
[#7]
This was OP this morning:

OP's wife:

OP's Grill:

OP's wife when she wakes up:

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Uh..........

Nah, I'm gonna be nice. Your wife's gonna kick your butt, so you don't need to hear it from me.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:56:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:Update:  Woke up at 0330 to start the brisket on the smoker.  Cold and windy out.  I put the smoker on the front porch and wrapped the lower half in old sheet to insulate.  Started drinking coffee and watching Firefly on youtube.  Halfway through the first episode I could start to smell the smoker.  I looked out my front window and the whole thing is charred and fucked.  Damn near burnt down the house with this one.  I melted the siding a bit too.  My wife is going to shit a brick when she wakes up. Fuck it.  I'm foing back to bed.

Lets see some pics of the damage.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#10]
updated
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#11]
So you burned your brisket, burned your house and now you've burned your finger on a hot raisin.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL OP stick with canned food you really can't fuck that up...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I once blew up a can of corn while camping.  Shit was awesome.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, keep this coming, I'm laughing myself half to death over here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I finished a pork shoulder in the oven once as it was getting late and I was having trouble maintaining temp in my smoker as it was my first attempt and I was using briquettes instead of lump charcoal
I set my oven to 200 or 205 I think since I read that you don't want to get it hot enough to boil off the juices. worked well

edit: and wrapping it in a sheet?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#16]
We need pics of the smoker and damage.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

We need pics of the smoker and damage.

And wife

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just get a feeding tube.  Food is going to kill you...........

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Made for you, OP.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I'm smoking a brisket tomorrow but I've got a crappy Brinkman electric smoker. If it's not at least 75 degrees with no wind it doesn't turn out that great. I'm thinking about smoking it for two hours and then transferring it to the oven. Has anyone ever done this before?

Update: Woke up at 0330 to start the brisket on the smoker. Cold and windy out. I put the smoker on the front porch and wrapped the lower half in old sheet to insulate. Started drinking coffee and watching Firefly on youtube. Halfway through the first episode I could start to smell the smoker. I looked out my front window and the whole thing is charred and fucked. Damn near burnt down the house with this one. I melted the siding a bit too. My wife is going to shit a brick when she wakes up. Fuck it. I'm foing back to bed.

Update II: Just woke up a bit ago. When I went back to bed I realized a couple of fingers on my right hand hurt. Apparently I burned them a bit putting the fire out. But when I got back up 30 min ago and got a cup of coffee and toasted myself a bagel, my burn came in contact with a HOT Raisin from the fucking bagel. I'm going to find out from my five year old what's for dinner and inspect the damage.

Sounds like you're just not holding your mouth right...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top