Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here I just pulled this off my deployment hard drive

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1915937_133618866667326_8164256_n.jpg?oh=1187fda0be76084fa8bf4f17863193b2&oe=54BE43CE

That bread? I've seen them stomp out the dough flat with their feet before baking it in a few different places.
View Quote

Yeah, in 04 we called it "foot bread" because we saw that all the time.  

It was good though.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
In the pashtun areas I always heard it called  "doo-day" spelled phonetically.  I ate my body weight in dooday,rice and goat.  I want some right now.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#3]
We used to trade boxes of poptarts for stacks of that stuff.  I still think we got the better end of the deal.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Buddy at work brought up this bread the other day when talking about his son being in the military overseas and how his son said his friend was stupid for eating this bread because they exclusively bake it in ovens that use camel dung for fuel. I told him I was reading a discussion about this same bread and nobody mentioned that. Did anybody ever see them using camel manure/dung to heat the ovens they used to bake it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Buddy at work brought up this bread the other day when talking about his son being in the military overseas and how his son said his friend was stupid for eating this bread because they exclusively bake it in ovens that use camel dung for fuel. I told him I was reading a discussion about this same bread and nobody mentioned that. Did anybody ever see them using camel manure/dung to heat the ovens they used to bake it?
View Quote

No different than using cow pies on the open range for fire fuel.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Most of Iraq is not actually camel country, just the south.

Not sure if they have any at all in Afghanistan.

Like I said earlier, you don't want to think too much about the hygiene of the people that made the bread.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top