Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Before I even knew her, this happened to my future wife.  She was in her early 20s at the time and was NOT wasted when it happened.  The "friend" was a rather large cop, she is rather petite.  The scum forced her clothes off and put it in but did not finish the job.  He pulled his pants up, laughed, and left.

She tells me this after we were married and I am the only one that knows.  She never reported it because she was always afraid of how her dad would have felt if he knew!  I will never understand women.

About a year after we are married, we find out (how is too long a story) that that this "friend" also did this to at least 6 other women that we know of.  Not one of them ever reported it!  He is still a cop in Denton, Texas.

Should the rape be reported?  Hell yes!  It is her duty to prevent the next victim from becoming one.

Why she didn't report it:

1.  He's a large, powerful male.

2.  He's a cop.  A trusted member of the community.  Her word against his?  Difficult.

3.  She was probably too scared to say anything because she could be in danger by him.

Not excusable, but this is what was probably going through her mind.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
+1 on going to the CO. If he is still active duty,  the UCMJ hammer will fall...HARD.
She needs to file charges, be it mil or civilian authorities.

The medic in my platoon at Ft. Bragg pulled the same shit. He got 20 yrs in Leavenworth.

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell her to go to the Hospital NOW. They need to get a rape kit ASAP. Also, she should not wash the clothes she was wearing.

Otherwise, her case will never even see the light of day.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Call his CO

+1 more, and on the double!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
cops or a severe ass kicking....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is the best course of action for her to take in this situation?

My advise to all women is avoid putting yourself in those high risk situations. Avoid getting drunk & stoned and passing out on the bed in the future.  As for prosecution of the rapist. unless she immediately reported it, and had a rape kit done, there is no physical evidence. It would be her word against his.  his statement will be "she told me she was 18 and it was consentual."

Kobe Bryant and Greg Haidl have shown the world that unless its a FORCIBLE rape by a stranger, its unlikely to be sucessfully prosecuted.

BTW; women are often the best jururs for the DEFENSE in "date rape" trials. women tend to be very judgmental of other womens sexual conduct.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No disrespect, or shifting of blame intended.  However, 17 and wasted? and baked?  WTF?  First of all, I don't even know what he means by "baked".

under the influence of Marijuana.  Stoned out of her mind.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Only shot for a sucessful prosecution at this point would be in the police got a tape recorder phone call between the victim and the suspect, in which she is able to get him to admit he knew she was 17 or that the sex was not consentual.

BTW; Careful on the vigilante talk.  anyojne rmember the thread from a few years back.  woman was raped on the way home from a bar.  Her husband went to the bar the next week and shot the rapist in the ass in the bar bathroom.  Then the bar surveilance tape was reviewed which showed making out and heavy petting between the rapist and rape victim. Turns out the rape was a cover story the wife used to explain why she came home at 3AM with soiled panties.

Sometimes women do stupid shit and they will use the excuse of alcohol or drug intoxication, or even "rape" to shift blame.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I gotta concur with pretty much both views here.

The guy needs to have his ass majorly kicked.  I'm talking serious bodily trauma.  As it was said, someone who does shit like that will do it again.  

And the girl, I hope she learned a big lesson.  She got drunk and wasted on whatever, and was consequently taken advantage of.  Not what a 17 year old should be doing.  Hell, not something ANYONE should be doing.  I hope this was the biggest fucking wakeup call (no pun intended) that she ever gets.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

About a year after we are married, we find out (how is too long a story) that that this "friend" also did this to at least 6 other women that we know of.  Not one of them ever reported it!  He is still a cop in Denton, Texas.

Crock, I'd do anything to make that "Cop" a welfare seeker.

Seriously, get that worthless piece of shit fired.

The rape was 20 years ago.  I did not even find out until rape +4 years.  I have no hard evidence.  My wife would never testify.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#11]
18 isn't the legal age in the UCMJ...so hes in the clear there
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Cops or axe handles.

Either way, something must be done.

+1

Something needs done about any clown who rapes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#13]
what is it with those young Army guys? It's a BIG sterotype up here in Fairbanks that the soldiers at Ft. Wainwright are alway's mackin' on 13 - 17. A lot of 14, 15 yr. olds have 19 - 21yr old "boyfriends". They PREY on them for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Cops or axe handles.

Either way, something must be done.

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Rape is wrong but so is getting wasted and putting yourself in that position. Perhaps she might re-think about getting wasted again.

Good point.

She doesn't want any of her friends to know, but she tells you...........?  I am not buying here hole story.  Pun intended.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#16]
and there was also an instance up here with an Army guy raping a 14 yr. old and shooting her in the head in his car a few years back.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Where is the fucking how does it feel to be raped dude?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:06:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Call the Police AND his CO.
If she doesn't want to press charges, bury him in a field somewhere.
Either way his punishment should be swift, severe and savage.
Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My friend who is a girl but who isn't my girlfiend went to a party and was not only wasted, she was also baked ALL AT THE SAME TIME.  Some guy I don't know walks while she is lying on a bed barely able to move and starts feeling her up while she is trying to push him off.  Anyway, he holds her down and then he put it in but just then there was a knock at the door so he couldn't finish.  This guy is 21 and just got back from Iraq apparently but she is 17, a minor!  She doesn't want any of her friends to know about it so she won't take him to court but I told her she needs to take this asshole to court.  What is the best course of action for her to take in this situation?

That military guy didn't know her age, she was drinking she appeared to be 21. Her drunken and stoned attempt at pushing him off more than likely came across as being a bit rough in bed.

If she was so stoned / drunk she doesn't know what went on that night. 5 mins before she was"pushing" him off she may have been all over him. She was too stoned to know. She may have been wanting to fuck.

And did she tell him to stop? Does she remember telling him to stop? No she probably doesn't she was too fucked up to remember.

Don't encourage the party slut to ruin this guys life. She was messed up and doesn't really know what the hell went down. It' worth ruining this guys career over, she doesn't know what the hell happened.

And all of y'all with daughters raise them right as not to get baked / drunk and shit like this wont be an issue. When people drink and do drugs there inhabitions go away, this lil 17 year old angel probably felt bad about her drunken fuck fets and  mid way through had second thoughts.

So tell her to suck it up, get tested for STD's, take test to see if she is preggers, take a morning after pill, and most importantly STOP GOING TO PARTIES GETTING BAKED AND DRUNK, THUS LOWERING YOUR INHABITIONS AND BEING PROMISCUIOUS. SHE MADE HER OWN BED NOW SHE NEEDS TO LAY IN IT. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A PARTY SLUT DONT CRY RAPE THE MORNING AFTER

I know my commentary fit all of the "stereotypical" excuses for somone accused of date rape, but it's all true. Shit goes down that way all the time, the law is biased towards "defenseless" women. This girls play just as much a part in incidents like this as the guys, she needs to just learn from it and get her life together.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Only shot for a sucessful prosecution at this point would be in the police got a tape recorder phone call between the victim and the suspect, in which she is able to get him to admit he knew she was 17 or that the sex was not consentual.

BTW; Careful on the vigilante talk.  anyojne rmember the thread from a few years back.  woman was raped on the way home from a bar.  Her husband went to the bar the next week and shot the rapist in the ass in the bar bathroom.  Then the bar surveilance tape was reviewed which showed making out and heavy petting between the rapist and rape victim. Turns out the rape was a cover story the wife used to explain why she came home at 3AM with soiled panties.

Sometimes women do stupid shit and they will use the excuse of alcohol or drug intoxication, or even "rape" to shift blame.

GOD DAMN SOMEONE HAS IT. AND THANK GOD YOU ARE A COP, BECAUSE IF ANYONE ELSE SAYS THAT THEY ARE JUST FURTHERING THE STEROTYPICAL RESPONSE OF "RAPISTS". ALL THE DADDIES ON HERE WANT TO "PROTECT" THERE DAUGHTERS WHEN IN FACT THERE DAUGHTERS WERE JUST BEING LIL SLUTS.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Make sure it really happened like she said. Check back in a few days after the emotional swirl dies down.

We had quite a few 'rapes' like that when I was an army MP on LE duty (invol) and the truth tended to come out after she got what she was looking for.

Then again sometimes the girl really was raped. Only time will tell.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Axe handles and a crew of 8 or more.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#23]
It doesn't matter if she was drinking or not, she was raped. She needs to go to the police. She has nothing to be ashamed off. Serving our country is not an excuse for assaulting a minor. He makes our servicemen look bad.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It doesn't matter if she was drinking or not, she was raped. She needs to go to the police. She has nothing to be ashamed off. Serving our country is not an excuse for assaulting a minor. He makes our servicemen look bad.

legally, she isnt a minor. whats so hard about the concept.

its gonna be his word against hers id think, and both of em were fucked up
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Coming back from combat is no excuse to prey upon the helpless.  Drop the dime on him.  It's statutory rape so either way he'll do time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Kick whoever got her the Alcohol's ass, kick whoever got her the weeds ass.

Kick his ass

+1

Call his CO

+1

Rape is wrong but so is getting wasted and putting yourself in that position

+1 Someone should explain to her it might happen again if she gets herself in that situation regularly.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Coming back from combat is no excuse to prey upon the helpless.  Drop the dime on him.  It's statutory rape so either way he'll do time.

That all depends on what state it happened in. He is in IN, so I will assume this happened there, in which case it is NOT statutory rape as the age of consent ther is 16.

I tend to take all reports like this with a grain of salt, but the sad truth is without a rape kit, witness, or an immediate report all he has to say is "she said mmmm lets get freaky" when he felt her up and she was too drunk to remember saying it. Plus remember you are only getting one side of the story here, form someone who admittedly was so high and drunnk she was almost passed out, and is stupid enough to get herself in that condition. Not exactly reliable.

At this point all reporting him, even if it is true, would accomplish would be making her go through all the process and the case never coming to trial due to lack of evidince. Sad, but true. Thats the risk you take when you go out and get so wasted that you cannot control yourself.... people may do you wrong, and you will not be in any condition to either stop it or be a credible witness afterwords.

Life sucks when you do foolish things.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Order the Code Red

Seriously, report him to his CO asap
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Guys, for all of you saying report him to his CO, keep in mind you only have one half of the story, from a teenager who was both high and drunk enough to be on the verge of being passed out and who is stupid enough to get that way. Not exactly reliable imo.

I have seen more than one military career ruined over this kind of allegation, and in each case it was a false or overblown case, usually something consentual that she later regretted(either sobered up or was discovered and didn't want to get in trouble with the boyfriend) doing that became "rape". Sadly, however, in the military sometimes an accusation is all it takes to taint your record and screw up a career.

Before I called I would try to see if there is any more reliable information. Like asking others at the party how they were acting toward one another before this happened Etc.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#30]
the guy needs to go to jail.
drunk and drugged up at 17? not to make light of what happend, but she better get used to it if she's gonna live that kind of lifestyle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#31]
-1 on the vigilante justice with so little evidence. What happens if you do cap him and tell her about it, and she suddenly confesses in tears that she wasn't really raped, she was just ashamed of having consentual sex with him, and she never meant for him to die? There's a good reason why the justice system requires more evidence then this to convict.

I'd tell her that I'm sorry that she was raped, but if you want to go to parties and get drunk and stoned off your ass, you're taking a risk of something like this (or worse) happening.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#32]

That military guy didn't know her age, she was drinking she appeared to be 21. Her drunken and stoned attempt at pushing him off more than likely came across as being a bit rough in bed.

If she was so stoned / drunk she doesn't know what went on that night. 5 mins before she was"pushing" him off she may have been all over him. She was too stoned to know. She may have been wanting to fuck.

And did she tell him to stop? Does she remember telling him to stop? No she probably doesn't she was too fucked up to remember.

Don't encourage the party slut to ruin this guys life. She was messed up and doesn't really know what the hell went down. It' worth ruining this guys career over, she doesn't know what the hell happened.

And all of y'all with daughters raise them right as not to get baked / drunk and shit like this wont be an issue. When people drink and do drugs there inhabitions go away, this lil 17 year old angel probably felt bad about her drunken fuck fets and mid way through had second thoughts.

So tell her to suck it up, get tested for STD's, take test to see if she is preggers, take a morning after pill, and most importantly STOP GOING TO PARTIES GETTING BAKED AND DRUNK, THUS LOWERING YOUR INHABITIONS AND BEING PROMISCUIOUS. SHE MADE HER OWN BED NOW SHE NEEDS TO LAY IN IT. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A PARTY SLUT DONT CRY RAPE THE MORNING AFTER

I know my commentary fit all of the "stereotypical" excuses for somone accused of date rape, but it's all true. Shit goes down that way all the time, the law is biased towards "defenseless" women. This girls play just as much a part in incidents like this as the guys, she needs to just learn from it and get her life together.

Before I called I would try to see if there is any more reliable information. Like asking others at the party how they were acting toward one another before this happened Etc.

That is just what I was thinking.
As it has been said before, this is a hard case to prove without physical evidence and some girl drunk and stoned into oblivion.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#33]
So how do you know she was actually raped?

Any witnesses?

Maybe she got sloppy drunk and decied to have sex with the guy and then decided to explain her promiscuity away by crying rape.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Any witnesses?

Maybe she got sloppy drunk and decied to have sex with the guy and then decided to explain her promiscuity away by crying rape.

+1. a girl i knew did that very thing
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any witnesses?

+1. a girl i knew did that very thing

+2

This happened to a friend of mine in high school.  He was at his girlfriend's house and they were fucking like a couple of rabbits, and her parents came home.  Rather than get in trouble, she screamed rape and only relented when he was about to go to jail.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Rape is wrong but so is getting wasted and putting yourself in that position. Perhaps she might re-think about getting wasted again.

This response is full of shit. It's the victims fault? Well I guess she can chalk it up as a lesson learned in your book, right? geez
<Maybe I'm channeling my anger towards you a little here but I know firsthand how this effects a young woman. The guy should be punished.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#38]
If your her friend than you have no choice. You must kick the almighty shit out of him and then report it. She might get mad at you for a while but ass-holes like that have to pay.

There are three things that I hate: 1. cold women 2. warm beer 3. LIBERALS!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This response is full of shit. It's the victims fault? Well I guess she can chalk it up as a lesson learned in your book, right? geez
<Maybe I'm channeling my anger towards you a little here but I know firsthand how this effects a young woman. The guy should be punished.

If its true.

So many of these cases are lies or "buyers regret". Not all, but many.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#40]
secure his heartbeat, son

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:47:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Any witnesses?

Here's an idea - put a loaded 1911 to the guy's head and ASK HIM !!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any witnesses?

Here's an idea - put a loaded 1911 to the guy's head and ASK HIM !!!!!  

Duh, and what do you think he's going to say?

I know what he's going to say after you remove the gun from his head. "Hello, 911, I need to report a felony assault with a gun. A guy named dk-prof. Yes, I'll press charges and testify. I can also file a civil suit, can't I?"
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:53:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I may be wrong but my ex-girlfriend had a saying for a girl in that situation.
"You can't rape the willing."
If her perceptions of reality were that far off it is entirely possible she changed her mind mid stream, but too late.
If she was so drunk/stoned to stand/walk away/scream/ anything then her memory may be completely off.

When I was younger, and very much into the stoner/drinking thing,  I occasionaly woke up entangled with a girl I had no recolection of in my bed and the two of us would litteraly have to do intraductions.
I, at least, took them out for breakfast even if it was just for hope of a night I would actually remember.

I sincerely hope I am wrong and I believe that unless this is her wake up call, she should seek counseling both for the possible rape and the issues that took her to that possibility.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:37:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Since he couldn't "finish", it means there was no evidence.
No evidence means it's her word against his word.

She was mentally impaired at the time and that WILL be brought into the discussion.

Her drinking and drugs consumption will also be construed as "contributory negligence" in any police/court case.

She needs to stop putting herself in those bad situations.

Sorry
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:40:14 AM EDT
[#46]
I usually don't make comments here, but here goes.  

As a retired 1SG, (24 YRS Army) I would tell you there is nothing the Commander can do, unless the young lady files charges.  If she was raped, she needs to file charges so that this individual can be prosecuted, and severally punished.  If he wins in court, but there is enough proof that he did do something illegal, like knowingly being with a minor, then he may be able to be charged under the UCMJ for conduct unbecoming and dealt with that way.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:44:14 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

+1   Along with what type of parents raise a girl like this.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:46:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Also, if she was drunk and stoned how clear can she be about what really happened?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:49:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are hearing only one side of the story.  A that side was admittedly stoned and drunk at the time.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:48:00 AM EDT
[#50]
So that's how you get a high post count.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top