User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

home invasion / attempted murder / assualt with a deadly weapon

he broke into a  house to steal for his heroin addiction (home invasion). he threw a vcr at the home owner and hit her in the hand with it when she confronted him (assualt with  a deadly weapon and attempted murder). sentenced to 25 years.

He should still be in for 13 more years, this is a big problem with the justice system, they do the crime and get out in half their time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
kind of people that should be shot
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

he broke into a  house to steal for his heroin addiction (home invasion). he threw a vcr at the home owner and hit her in the hand with it when she confronted him (assualt with  a deadly weapon and attempted murder). sentenced to 25 years.

Doesn't matter why someone broke into someone else's house.

Doesn't matter what they used to assault the person with.

Doesn't matter where the person that was assaulted was struck, cut, etc.

Stop trying to minimize the seriousness of what he did.

Ya...no shit.

He should in the cemetery right now.

Pretty sure he was explaining, not minimizing.  Kinda silly that throwing a VCR is attempted murder, though.  Assault, sure, but not murder.  

he made the choice to break in and throw the vcr... the DA made the choice on what charges to file...  25 year sentence is cost of doing business in my book.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think prisoners should be there to rot not become more dangerous when they get out.

+1.

Chained to the wall near a shitter is being nice in my book.

prison is inhumane, there should summary execution upon conviction
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did he do time for?

Ya...no shit.

Pretty sure he was explaining, not minimizing.  Kinda silly that throwing a VCR is attempted murder, though.  Assault, sure, but not murder.  

he made the choice to break in and throw the vcr... the DA made the choice on what charges to file...  25 year sentence is cost of doing business in my book.

ROFL....dude, you shouldn't get charged for random shit you didn't do.  Pay the consequences for what you DID...not what the DA decided would be fun if you did.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In most cases I'm in favor of letting them lift.

They need some way to deal with stress.  Prison is VERY high stress.

Prison guards need a bargaining chip to help keep the prisoners in line too.

"It shuts the F___ up and does as it's told, or else it gets the hose again."

Seriously... water cannons and rubber slugs are effective "bargining chips."

–– John
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a poster of a convict lifting weights. It says "He worked out today. Did You?"

Well, did you?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Lets see, a thug with a felony record. Sounds like a canidate for some sort of position with union management. Maybe he can help " encorage " workers to give to liberal politians.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#9]
He is also lucky to have broken into the right house, next time results may be differant.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did he do time for?

This is ARFcom, and therefore regardless of what you think, the following is an acceptable response.

It's too bad the woman didn't have a gun.  Could have saved the state 12 years worth of meals and housing.

This is correct. Too bad the door wasn't booby traped

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Wait - when did  230 grains go to jail?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The social considerations are only benefits while they are IN prison.

Nobody who isn't in prison wants someone who fucked up once, to be able to fuck up even more efficiently and effectively when they get out.

Find something else to do the carrot/stick thing with please. Let them read books (for books on tape) for blind people to receive bacon or something instead.  Their future girlfriends, victims, parents, arresting officers and opposing gang members will appreciate someone who can read over someone who can bench press a bunch and has a healthy heart.

he got his GED and a AAS in hvac. he is about 20 credits short of BS degree in  addiction / counseling. for the last two years he counciled new offenders about making better choices and using their time wisely while inside.

You can get a bs degree in addiction/counseling?

sorry i miss spoke. hes about 20 hours short of a BS degree in physchology. he wants to get into addiction counseling.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

Ya...no shit.

What? You'd give him a proper burial?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

12 years that your friend's POS son worked out on my dime.  

As a person whose house was robbed in 2006, family heirloom firearms were stolen (and never recovered), and whose dog was kicked so hard that she got broken ribs, I have earned the right to say that:

I sincerly hope that your friend's son had a VERY well-endowed prison husband.
I sincerly hope that no lube was EVER to be found.
I sincerly hope that said prison husband liked to cuddle after the prison buttsecks.
And I sincerly hope that he has a nice ring of genital warts around his cornhole for his trouble.

Does that make me an "internet tough guy" as well?  Who knows.... I'm "tougher" than some, not as tough as others.

I'm quite sure that your friend's son is larger and stronger than I am.  I wonder why....

But I know this–– and you can take from it what you will–– your friend's son does NOT have the courage to come here in the middle of the night.

Damn POS... served 12 years of a 25 year sentence for home invasion.

–– John

if he came to my house in the middle of the night and i knew it was him in my place ripping me off... i would ventilate  him. no bullshit! im not about to try and reason with someone wacked out on drugs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i wonder how sore his ass is after 12 years of getting his fudge packed in

why don't you come and ask him yourself internet tough guy?

I don't have too. Pretty sure a guy that big would be the packer, not the packee.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn  Mack Trucks  have gotten smaller I guess.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Should be no bargaining... Your doing time, like sitting in the corner. YOU GET NOTHING.
The only bargaining prisoners need to be doing is bargaining the officer to not pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have too. Pretty sure a guy that big would be the packer, not the packee.

5'7" and 160 is big to you?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

Ya...no shit.

ROFL....dude, you shouldn't get charged for random shit you didn't do.  Pay the consequences for what you DID...not what the DA decided would be fun if you did.  

kind of a double edge sword. would he have his shit together after only doing 3 years? i don't think so. i can say after 12 1/2 years he is serious about doing the right thing. then again it all goes back to if he never broke into the house. i would say play stupid games win stupid prizes but... what he did was no game. had he broke into my house at 2am i would of shot him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit, I'm 5'11 and 190.  I'm just a normal looking guy, and I got 30 lbs on him.  Oh well.  I dont care if he was 6'5'' and 300 lbs of solid muscle.  The 12 gauge next to my bed or my 40 on my hip will still save the state money in the end.  

To bad the lady whom he attacked was not carrying.  Then we wouldn't be having this conversation.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

–– John

im glad you live in a perfect world
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

killin me here.  a few weeks after he got to stateville he almost beat someone to death with a mop handle that wanted a lil bit. hes lucky he claimed self defense and didn't have any time tacked on. he did go to seg for a year. im not going to ask him but i would bet he had to do a little gobbling to make it through 12 years.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

killin me here.  a few weeks after he got to stateville he almost beat someone to death with a mop handle that wanted a lil bit. hes lucky he claimed self defense and didn't have any time tacked on. he did go to seg for a year. im not going to ask him but i would bet he had to do a little gobbling to make it through 12 years.

im glad to see hes out......

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

hi winddummy, nice troll account- ALREADY...

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

hi winddummy, nice troll account- ALREADY...

nope
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Careful where that Mack truck parks.

no kidding! he says he can bench 225lbs about 18 times ala nfl style

that equates to about a 365 lb bench.  Not that much!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

–– John

If I lived in a perfect world, we would not be discussing a POS home invader in present tense.

–– John

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

–– John

If I lived in a perfect world, we would not be discussing a POS home invader in present tense.

–– John

another internet tough guy
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Prisoners should be put in a cell with a slot for sliding their chow to them (gruel) and a slot for a shit bucket and they don't come out until their sentence is up.

There'd be no prisoner on prisoner or prisoner on guard assaults.

Wouldn't take long for the prison population to dwindle to next to nothing and would save us an assload of money.

That's crazy talk!  No one would want to go there if it was like that. Think before you post this crap.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

–– John

–– John

another internet tough guy

You are doing it wrong.

"Internet Tough Guy" comes from talking smack about what they will do, or threatening another.  I did neither in your cited quotes.

I DID say that I wish that any person that chooses the path of home invasion robbery finds that his career is cut short.

Tell me EXACTLY when having an opinion other than yours equates to "internet tough guy."  It is on par with Obamites screaming racism.  Its the worst thing that they thing they can call you, so they use it.  I figure that its the same with you regarding "internet tough guy"–– nevermind that it doesn't apply.

When you have been the victim of someone like your friend's son, you will have room to criticize me.

–– John

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Just make sure he doesn't go back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey gotta do something before taking it in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

This is ARFcom, and therefore regardless of what you think, the following is an acceptable response.

It's too bad the woman didn't have a gun.  Could have saved the state 12 years worth of meals and housing.

I agree with this post.  12 years ago a full mag unloaded into the perp would have cost less then a buck.  Much better return on investment.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How are prisoners going to get out of line if they are in individual cells just big enough for a cot and a toilet?

If they want to exercise, they can do pushups, situps, and jumping jacks in their cell.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm - dunno his size - the OP said Mack Truck. Sorry if  I missed the weights later.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I love lifting.

If I were ever thrown in a prison I would probably keep my behavior good so I didn't lose the privilige.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#38]
@ 160lbs ,225 18x is pretty good for a "popcorn fart" lol!  just kiding, thats GREAT.... back inthe day, we used to bench live- free weights- 350   450. once MAX. not to brag but last spring i got 3 bills on a machine 4x one day when i was feeling spry. @ 47, im good with that. only back at it a year now. my boys are WAY  BETTER AT IT THAN ME. lost 40lbs- still 195 tho.(dont count the 245lb ex wife also LOST) boxing is another story, lotta biggs i know cant fight they way outta wet paper bag. you are what u are.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Another thing to consider, fit prisoners will more likely require less medical care thus saving money.

Have them out working their ass off (chain gang) as payment to society for their crimes and they will be plenty fit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#40]
How'd he get caught?

I think they should be able to lift.
Gives them something to do.
Slave labor would be better though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#41]
They have to do something...

lord knows we can't make them work, that would be inhumane!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for him. Now how bout this walking mack truck kid?  Cause 225 ain't shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How big is this guy? 225 for 18 reps is good but not that impressive.

I am 5' 9'' and 185lbs and I can do 225 for 12. 1 rep max is 315. I know guys my size that are doing over 400. Its crazy.

5' 7" and 160lbs his max is 340

5' 7" and 160lbs IS "MACK TRUCK" size????

+1???
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

He didn't catch an attempted murder charge for throwing a vcr at a woman.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not @ 160lbs, i already got 1'o them. kids clean as the driven snow,strong as an ox. hope he gets smarter tho!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

That's getting fucked up the ass right there!

ETA: And I voted for it, it's a good outlet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

Ya...no shit.

kind of a double edge sword. would he have his shit together after only doing 3 years? i don't think so. i can say after 12 1/2 years he is serious about doing the right thing. then again it all goes back to if he never broke into the house. i would say play stupid games win stupid prizes but... what he did was no game. had he broke into my house at 2am i would of shot him.

Prisoners are liars, very good ones. Chances are he will go back to the pen. Hopefully he can become a productive member of society. 160lbs is definitely not "mack truck" size.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not @ 160lbs, i already got 1'o them. kids clean as the driven snow,strong as an ox. hope he gets smarter tho!

lol. If you do you're job right, he'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What did he do time for?

Fuck he shouldn't have been alive to go to prison. If he broke into my house I would have shot his fucking ass. I don't care if he threw a stuffed animal, you break into someones house then you deserve any lead that comes your way.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top