Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[size=6]Do the smart thing and keep your mouth shut until the matter is COMPLETELY closed legally. What you type here could be admissible in court. DO NOT BE STUPID.[/size=6]
View Quote

What he said - If this did happen; shut your pie hole... If this didn't happen; still shut your pie hole.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What he said - If this did happen; shut your pie hole... If this didn't happen; still shut your pie hole.
View Quote

I second that.

ooop - misread another post - sorry!  Evryone ignore what I wrote.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The entire story is so unbelievably bizarre
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]
As far as I am aware, the matter is more or less closed. My permit and weapon have been returned and I followed procedure. The only matter unresolved is identifying the suspect should he ever get caught and testifying against him. NO CHARGES ARE BEING LEVELED AGAINST ME.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:21:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Yet is the term. Statute of limitations, civil and criminal, will take several years to run.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:26:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:31:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad you and your friend are ok.    Did you call 911 [;)] after the shootout?  First aid to your buddy?  How long till the police and ambulance showed up?  Did you stay in that one way in/out area while waiting for the authorities or did you help him off that catwalk and find a better place to wait?

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:06:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I had to take my friend to a 24 hours business nearby which would be a lawsuit had my friend been more seriously injured because they initially refused to help (No, I'm not posting details about that). This is one of the reasons that the story was so bizarre.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
12shots fired and no hit. You guys just cleared the Law Enf. course of fire with a 100% score

Maybe if you installed sights on the side of your gats your hit ratio would be better.
View Quote

[:K]
maybe if you got hooked on phonics your reading comprehension would be better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Pulpsmack, I am glad to hear that you and your friend made it out alive!

Here is one of my brushes with a situation like yours:

About 2 years ago I started working as a 'night monitor' at the apartment complex that I live in. I usually would park my car directly underneath a light pole in a dead-end area of the parking lot. There is no way to see the entire parking area, but this spot is the best one possible. Well along comes 2 in the morning and in rolls a station wagon full of 5 hispanic-type gentlemen. I have only been on the job for about a month, so I figure that I will let things play out a bit before I do anything. Sometimes people just come around to a friends house or come home at wierd times. Other times they are looking for a score (car burglary, dumpster diving, etc...).

Anyways, the station wagon drives right past my vehicle and parks about 6 or 7 spots away. My car has a mirror-style tint job and I am surrounded by a bright street light, so they didn't even see me sitting in my car. The '5' roll out of the wagon and begin pulling up their hooded swearshirts and casing the resident cars. I am torn as to what to do when this all starts. They can't leave without passing my position. Recently there had been a rash of strong-arm robberies in the general neighborhood by a group of hispanic males in their early twenties. I dialed 911 and fed the cops the info. They said that they would be there ASAP. Meanwhile, two of them cut the ragtop on a mustang and proceed to rip out a stereo w/ the face plate attached. The other three start working on another car that has a large stash of CD's and a nice head unit in the dash. All is well according to them and time is dragging on as I am sitting there watching this unfold whilst whistling dixie waiting for the cavalry.

Eons tick by and still no fuzz in sight. I call again and get the stall run around from the dispatcher. The ragtop job is done, but the other three have still not finished the other job. The two from the ragtop and a spare from the other job start casing other cars. I can see it happening before they do. They eventually think: 'hey, lets look in the car under the street light!'Three of them roll up to my vehicle unaware that I am sitting inside. Out comes the screw driver and slimjim. They start to insert the slimjim and on goes the surefire light attached to my glock 22. Here they stand slack-jawed looking down the barrel of a gun. There I sit about to soil my drawers. They boogie.

The cops show up 30 seconds later. The cops pick them up coming out of their local residence. The arrest and search yielded the boosted property, some weed & heroin, a few cheap pieces of hardware on them, in the vehicle and in the residence. Turns out that some of the '5' were wanted on felony warrants from armed robberies at the local stop and robs. It wasn't until after I had to id them and fill out the paperwork that my butthole began to un-pucker. Two of the cases have yet to stand trial. G'damned legal system.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:31:37 AM EDT
[#12]
BYU; Chilling story man. Very similar to mine regarding a point or two. Like you I had a moment (or five) before the SHTF where I KNEW "it" (or something really bad) was going to happen. Like you I was locked in: You in your car, me on a platform between the robber & his buddy on the other side of the catwalk. I am really scared for all of us these days. There are alot of BAD things happening with firearms & criminals and we all know how the public handles it. It is so sad that citizens permitted to defend themselves are the endangered species instead of the criminal. I hope to god that we LEARN from England's mistakes, not embrace them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The first rule is don't go where the Trouble is, right?

View Quote

That's a bit naive.  

There aren't signs where "trouble" is.

Downtown Baltimore is known for robberies and such.  They keep most of it out of the papers, but it's not a big secret.

I go down there often, unarmed as Merryland requires.  Am I looking for trouble?  Of course not.

Heck, I just spend the last week in Washington DC.  Talk about NOT avoiding a trouble area.  I had no choice.

pulpsmack and his buddy wanted to go into town down along the water front.  That's what it is there for.  You can't just hide in your house all the time.

Congradulations pulpsmack for being aware of your surroundings and seeing trouble coming.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#14]
First, Don't say another word here until you've got the matter legally cleared, both CIVALLY and criminally...just because it was a righteous shoot and the DA doesn't pursue the matter does not mean that you won't get sued by homie or his mother.

Now, congratulations! You got home at the end of it all and that is the only thing that matters.

Contrary to what the armchair quarterbacks think; under duress, one DOES NOT "rise to the occassion", they FALL back onto their last level of training. Adrenaline kicks in, muscles tighten, if you try to consciously relax your muscles it will only make you tremble which is even worse. Shout if you have to, scream through the whole thing. It's a great stress reliever and it helps you focus, it scares the chit out of your opponent, (and it keeps your ears from popping while you're expending ammo.)

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life, things will look differently from now on.

(edited fir spilling)
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
12shots fired and no hit. You guys just cleared the Law Enf. course of fire with a 100% score

Maybe if you installed sights on the side of your gats your hit ratio would be better.
View Quote

Lets see, so far about 10 monday morning quarterbacks, and what post would be complete without the cop-bashing?  

Pulpsmack, you and your friend both survived, that means you win.  Dont listen to these jerkoffs living in mom's basement, most of them (thankfully) will never have any idea what its like.  God Bless,

Steven
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:19:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first rule is don't go where the Trouble is, right?

View Quote

That's a bit naive.  

There aren't signs where "trouble" is.

Downtown Baltimore is known for robberies and such.  They keep most of it out of the papers, but it's not a big secret.

I go down there often, unarmed as Merryland requires.  Am I looking for trouble?  Of course not.

Heck, I just spend the last week in Washington DC.  Talk about NOT avoiding a trouble area.  I had no choice.

pulpsmack and his buddy wanted to go into town down along the water front.  That's what it is there for.  You can't just hide in your house all the time.

Congradulations pulpsmack for being aware of your surroundings and seeing trouble coming.
View Quote

I don't mean to be harsh but we cannot allow ourselves to be prisoners in our own communities.

I spent some time in Dublin (total gun control, the cops don't carry). In the "bad" parts of town people lock themselves into their own homes at 7 pm, and nobody ventures out, because chances are they will be robbed, beated or killed. Of course there is little crime. I don't know about you, but I don't want to live like that. We need to take back our communities!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top