Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Mossberg 590A1 is the only shotgun to pass military testing thats 5,000 00 buckshot with out a stoppage.
View Quote

The Benelli M4 Super 90 has also met and exceeded these tests. That's one of the reasons it was chosen as the new Joint Services Combat Shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you are going to get a Rem 870, do yourself a favor: spend the extra money and get a POLICE model! It is more than just finish and stocks(though those are important also); the 870P has heavier springs, a metal trigger guard, doesn't have the PC safety lock, and has cleaned up internals. All that on top of the superior parkerized finish, better stocks, and no mag tube dimples.

View Quote

Whoa!!  When did they start with all this stuff??  Mine has none of the above features, and is only a few years old!!  Damn!  If I had known they had started putting plastic and PC crap on their new guns, my recommendation would have been different!!!  When did they start with the locks and stuff???

Glad I bought mine when I did....
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe someone can help me on this issue.  I purchased a Rem 870 Magnum from an old guy at a gun show, everything on it is metal and much heaver than any other 870 express I've seen.  Would this be the same as the 870p?  I also have a Butler Creek folder stock I need to get rid of if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Remington has been doing it for a while now. The older shotguns were made a better. Remington has been scrimping a lot lately. Even the 700s show this.

Mossberg does the same thing. Their 590A1s are a superior product compared to the 500s and 590s, and actually the equivalent to the milspec. The 590A1 has the metal triggerguard and safety, and a heavier barrel. You get what you pay for.

Blackjack1 - What does it say on the receiver? The Police models are marked such. As are the Express and Wingmaster.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 11:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Remington has been doing it for a while now. The older shotguns were made a better. Remington has been scrimping a lot lately. Even the 700s show this.

View Quote

So now we have to concern our selves with not only pre-ban but pre-suck!!!  SH*T!!!!

Is the lock a seperate thing or is it built into the gun like the new Springfield pistols?

Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#6]
On the 870 it's built into the safety at the back of the triggerguard.  It can be stored with the safety locked in the "SAFE" position.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#7]
11BRAVOE5, I need to pull the sidesaddle off to see.  I'll get back to you on that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#8]
To settle this Aluminum/Steel heat conductor debate.

I work in a machine shop.  If you really wanna know which heats up faster get some sand paper, a block of steel and one of aluminum of equal thickness.  Rub the sandpaper on them one at a time and see which heats up faster.  It's gonna be aluminum, trust me.  I've had to deburr 300 parts at a time on a sander and the aluminum will burn your hand every time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone mentioned broken plastic safeties on the Mossbergs?  I can't tell you how many I've replaced on guy's shotguns over the years.  I suppose it isn't a real big factor since a metal aftermarket unit is available.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#10]
RE; my 870, All that is on the receiver is "Remington 870 Magnum", every thing is steel.  What would be the difference between this and a 870P?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top