Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
That tantrum was just stoopid.  There were any a number of threads to post all of that stuff in, he didn't need to fill the first page up with the same posts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Seriously guys, most of the mods/staff are very intelligent. You think they don't know about the rop?

You think they don't know we are at war with all islam?

If this site gets labeled as a hate sight the aclu will sue and the gov. will be spying on us even more if they don't shut it down completely.

Think about it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Proud you banned him faster than they do over at the DU, eh?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
pretty sad....they have declared a frickin jihad on us and threads are being locked that contain facts....very sad

Who is us newbie?? This is "their" site and they'll do what they damn well please.

As anyone who respects and will die for their freedom. Arfcom can do as they please but we all know who the majority is here. Arfcom is being a little too PC.....

So locking a spammer is too PC?  Reguardless of content he posted 8 identical treads in GD with different titles.  Many of us may agree with the content, but the delivery method was over the top.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
pretty sad....they have declared a frickin jihad on us and threads are being locked that contain facts....very sad

Who is us newbie?? This is "their" site and they'll do what they damn well please.

As anyone who respects and will die for their freedom. Arfcom can do as they please but we all know who the majority is here. Arfcom is being a little too PC.....

I agree...but still....

So locking a spammer is too PC?  Reguardless of content he posted 8 identical treads in GD with different titles.  Many of us may agree with the content, but the delivery method was over the top.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The amount of hate I see on this site towards people just based on what they call the god they pray to is astonishing, and saddening.

I'm with the mods: keep your hate in the designated topics or take it to another website. I can suggest a couple, like NSM88.com (please leave cold).
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The amount of hate I see on this site towards people just based on what they call the god they pray to is astonishing, and saddening.

I'm with the mods: keep your hate in the designated topics or take it to another website. I can suggest a couple, like NSM88.com (please leave cold).

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hate really doesn't have all that much to do with it.  People just don't know how to follow simple rules.  Every 10 minutes there seems to be some wise ass who will ignore the tacked thread and post yet again something about ROP.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Seriously guys, most of the mods/staff are very intelligent. You think they don't know about the rop?

If this site gets labeled as a hate sight the aclu will sue and the gov. will be spying on us even more if they don't shut it down completely.

Think about it.

That's a great hypothesis but I'd like to hear it officially. If true I hope the site isn't keeping a five year IP log on backup.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but surely you must admit that the reason the man was banned had 95% to do with the content and about 5% because of the method.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not trying to be a smartass, but surely you must admit that the reason the man was banned had 95% to do with the content and about 5% because of the method.

I'd say it's more like 75% method -- spamming is very much disallowed -- and 25% content, which was, in fact, confined to a few topics due to the plethor a of already-existing threads.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, yes, I'm such a troll, because I refuse to hate people based on their skin color or religion.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say it's more like 75% method -- spamming is very much disallowed -- and 25% content, which was, in fact, confined to a few topics due to the plethor a of already-existing threads.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, yes, I'm such a troll, because I refuse to hate people based on their skin color or religion.

Then how about their actions?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Well, It happens to be possibly THE most important topic in the WORLD currently.  Consider at least tacking the "couple of threads" allowed.  If we're REALLY concerned about bandwidth,one word posts like: tag, +1, IBTL, pwned,etc., could be added to the CoC.  If at least a MINIMUM of thought had to be expended to post, the pages wouldn't scroll so fast and bandwidth may no longer be in such short supply.  IMO, venting about these savages in GD really doesn't seem to be such an outlandish offense, but I guess if we're running short of space we must limit conversation on teh topic.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to feel a bit insecure about myself.  Then I came to ARFCOM and read what the real oddball drama queens bitch about.  

I'm pretty cool after all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Think about it.

With all the true hate sights on the internet that don't seem to be shutting down, I call the flag.
Think about it.

(As far as the .gov spying....well, I personally don't give a flip IF they are)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[cut to save space, if you need to read it, it's above]

First off, this discussion should not be in this thread, but in one of the preexisting islam threads. This is why the guy got banned. Second, and in light of my first point I'll be brief, not all nor even the majority of Muslims hate America. I don't hate Muslims. Who I hate is the terrorists, no matter their religion or color. There are Christian terrorists in Northern Ireland, who have slaughtered the British, and they are as putrid as any Muslim terrorist in my opinion.

Sorry, but the troller was wrong to spam the forums with his racist hate messages. It was not only in violation of the rules of this forum, but morally reprehensible.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it.

With all the true hate sights on the internet that don't seem to be shutting down, I call the flag.
Think about it.

How many advertisers do those hate sites have? Hmmmmmmmm?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First off, this discussion should not be in this thread, but in one of the preexisting islam threads. This is why the guy got banned. Second, and in light of my first point I'll be brief, not all nor even the majority of Muslims hate America. I don't hate Muslims. Who I hate is the terrorists, no matter their religion or color. There are Christian Catholic terrorists in Northern Ireland, who have slaughtered the protastant British, and they are as putrid as any Muslim terrorist in my opinion.

Sorry, but the troller was wrong to spam the forums with his racist hate messages. It was not only in violation of the rules of this forum, but morally reprehensible.

Fixed it for ya.

ETA:  Big difference between the Irish wanting independance, and the ROP'ers wanting the destruction of all non-ROPers.

My caveat is, I also despise terrorism in all shapes and forms and in no way support the IRA's actions.  But they are not an immediate threat to the U.S.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah the joys of internet babysitting.

ah, one must be proud
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First off, this discussion should not be in this thread, but in one of the preexisting islam threads. This is why the guy got banned. Second, and in light of my first point I'll be brief, not all nor even the majority of Muslims hate America. I don't hate Muslims. Who I hate is the terrorists, no matter their religion or color. There are Christian Catholic terrorists in Northern Ireland, who have slaughtered the protastant British, and they are as putrid as any Muslim terrorist in my opinion.

Fixed it for ya.

Catholics ∈ Christians; Protestant British ∈ British. There were no errors in my post.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Home Invasator"
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ah, one must be proud

Stay out of the paste, I've had enough internet fun for the night.

*snap fingers* oh no you did not just say that........
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#28]
i'm running out of beer...this isn't good....time to get the bottle of johnny walker blue out...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Someone care to share wtf happened? I don't wanna feel like I missed out. Send me an IM with the details, please

IM received, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Do we now move from suicide-poster threat level Orange, to suicide-poster threat level Red?

See what happens when you leave your computer unattended while logged into ARFCOM?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Catholics ∈ Christians; Protestant British ∈ British. There were no errors in my post.

As ugly as any form of terrorism is, surely we can agree that the IRA does not pose the same threat to the U.S. as the current group we have been discussing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Update.......The poster in question is speaking with Staff, I hope this was a case of a Unauthorized Account Use.

There is a thread in Minnesota Hometown about this, check there for updates.
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=28&t=222745
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course you dont!

You have absolutely nothing to lose.

Not even $24

Yeah, I was waiting for that insipid comment.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Update.......The poster in question is speaking with Staff, I hope this was a case of a Unauthorized Account Use.

if that is the case, the fake iNuhBaDNayburhood needs to be commended
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it.

With all the true hate sites on the internet that don't seem to be shutting down, I call the flag.
Think about it.

What does that have to do with "the aclu will sue and the gov. will be spying on us even more if they don't shut it down completely"?
NADA.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#36]
fuck the aclu...if arfcom is afraid of the aclu then I'm out of here...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it.

Think about it.

What does that have to do with "the aclu will sue and the gov. will be spying on us even more if they don't shut it down completely"?
NADA.

You don't connect the dots very well do you?

Nobody wants heat on them from the alphabet agencies and I doubt the Avilas who run a free site want to pay thousands to defend against an aclu lawsuit. It's just good business and yes arfcom is a business.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't agree with the site policies or our hosts, you're welcome to find a different website more suitable to your tastes.  

I am fully aware of my options...didn't think I would have choose between here and the DU  though...I am splitting hairs right now..
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't agree with the site policies or our hosts, you're welcome to find a different website more suitable to your tastes.  

I am fully aware of my options...didn't think I would have choose between here and the DU  though...I am splitting hairs right now..

No offense, but sometimes you just need to know when to shut up. ymmv.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it.

Think about it.

NADA.

You don't connect the dots very well do you?

Nobody wants heat on them from the alphabet agencies and I doubt the Avilas who run a free site want to pay thousands to defend against an aclu lawsuit. It's just good business and yes arfcom is a business.

Listen, dude, here's some dots to connect: That's got nothing to do with advertising.  Alphabet agencies have better crap to be doing.  This aclu lawsuit business is idiotic babbling.  This is just  much shitstorming about nothing.
If this site was going to get sued, it would've been sued a loooooooooooong time ago.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#44]
banned 3 times in the last 6 months speaking out against what I thought was wrong....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#45]
IMHO this is pretty fucked up....I understand business, but the notion of an ACLU lawsuit is ludracrious.

Stand up for what you believe in, period.  

Man up, mods....attacking any religion, race, ethincity is wrong...and I have not seen that here. But I have seen threads being locked for no good reason. Having 2 threads that are buried to discuss the topic is not sufficient.

My 2 cents...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#47]
and that is your response...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Just leave please.

use IMs for this shit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
the writing is on the wall...but yet we cannot discuss it on arfcom

You can, just keep it to one or two threads.
Just like you can talk about bread, marpat, chuck norris, whatever.
Don't spam the forum.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Man up, mods....attacking any religion, race, ethincity is wrong...and I have not seen that here.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top