BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Rikwriter......you claim the KKK are obsessed with their skin color......I don't remember you complaining about the Black Panthers,NAACP, Miss Black America, The black Music Awards, black colleges, the Annual Black College Telethon, and of course Louis Farakhan and his bunch of white and every other nationality haters.
View Quote

Then you either have a bad memory or simply aren't paying attention.
Two wrongs don't, however, make a right.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Floridian you know that crime is out of control in your state.  
View Quote

Actually no, it is most certainly not.

View Quote

"Actually no, it is most certainly not"?????

You must live in a different Florida than I did for 49 years.

Have you been to OBT in Orlando lately?  How would you like to be caught on OBT at midnight on a Saturday night?

How about near the Black sections of Haines City, Bartow, Winter Haven, or Lakeland?

How about taking a nice Friday night stroll through the Black sections of St. Pete or Tampa?  Remember the Black riots in St. Pete in '96?

How about Liberty City or just about any other part of Miami?  Remember the riots in Miami?

What goup is the most predominate at Raford(sp?) prison?

It use to not be that way.  The failure of good decent people to protect themselves has resulted in a rampant crime rate.  In Central Florida in the good ole days we didn't bother to call 911.  We were 911.   (I really shouldn't use the we. I was too young)
View Quote

Violent crime in Florida has fallen quite a bit, especially since the introduction of CCW.  I live in Lakeland, and crime here is about the same as it is in any other city this size...no worse, certainly and better than many.
Basically you're greatly exaggerating the crime problems in Florida...and even if you weren't, it wouldn't excuse the sins of the Klan.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a Floridian you know that crime is out of control in your state.  
View Quote

Actually no, it is most certainly not.

View Quote

Violent crime in Florida has fallen quite a bit, especially since the introduction of CCW.  I live in Lakeland, and crime here is about the same as it is in any other city this size...no worse, certainly and better than many.
Basically you're greatly exaggerating the crime problems in Florida...and even if you weren't, it wouldn't excuse the sins of the Klan.
View Quote

So you live in Polk County.  A place I'm very familiar with.  My great Grandfather(3) was a Confederate soldier from Polk County (one of 26).  He also helped organize the KKK in Polk County several years after the war.

Have you ever been robbed after attending a movie in Winter Haven?  The Godparents of my son  have been.

Have you ever had you home broken into?  I know tens of people who have had their homes broken into while living in Polk County.  I can't ever remember anyone having their homes robed in the '50s or '60s.

My son's Little League coach was shot in the back while jogging in the early morning hours near Hiway 92.  Car load of Blacks shot him for the fun of it.  For some reason it was not considered a "Hate Crime".

If you have children do you send them to a private school so they can get a decent education because of bussing?

How safe are you in the neighborhoods around the intersection of Memorial and Florida Ave?

The point that I have trying to make is that the  "crimes" of the KKK have been greatly exaggerated by the liberal press.  Just like they also greatly exaggerate the crimes of gun owners.  I don't base my knowledge on what I read in Time magazine but from living in community where the protectors of freedom were organized.

Link Posted: 11/25/2002 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Legrue.....I could care less what you think...I don't tell you what to think or like and I fully intend to keep that option to myself...What does it matter to you what the context of my discord is?????..It is none of your business....
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The point that I have trying to make is that the  "crimes" of the KKK have been greatly exaggerated by the liberal press.
View Quote

What kind of a dickhead defends the "virtues" of the klan?

Just like they also greatly exaggerate the crimes of gun owners.  I don't base my knowledge on what I read in Time magazine but from living in community where the protectors of freedom were organized.
View Quote

Protectors of freedom? Yeah, they really protected the freedom of the blacks that they killed, didn't they, Einstein? Yup, they were free to swing on ropes thrown over oak branches, alright. Yeah, that's what this country is all about, isn't it, pal? None of that fair trial nonsense necessary, eh Flash66? Wouldn't want our culture to go down hill, would we? So, let's just kill and terrorize those inferior trouble-makers, right?

I am deeply ashamed that anyone in 2002 would be so ignorant as to imagine that the kkk was in any way, shape, or form, a good organization.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So you live in Polk County.  A place I'm very familiar with.  My great Grandfather(3) was a Confederate soldier from Polk County (one of 26).  He also helped organize the KKK in Polk County several years after the war.
View Quote

I am totally unsurprised, given your unrealistic attitude about the KKK.

Have you ever been robbed after attending a movie in Winter Haven?  The Godparents of my son  have been.
View Quote

I don't hang out in Winter Haven too much anymore, but back before the Lakeland Mall and the AMC Merchant's Walk theaters were built I used to go over there quite a bit and never had any problems whatsoever.

Have you ever had you home broken into?  I know tens of people who have had their homes broken into while living in Polk County.  I can't ever remember anyone having their homes robed in the '50s or '60s.
View Quote

Never.  Never had anyone try to break into my home or car.  Back around 85 my parents and I lived in a rougher area of town...out east off Reynold's Road...and we had a drunk guy who got confused about where he was try to break our door in, but no one has ever tried to break into my house to rob it.

My son's Little League coach was shot in the back while jogging in the early morning hours near Hiway 92.  Car load of Blacks shot him for the fun of it.  For some reason it was not considered a "Hate Crime".
View Quote

And how long ago was this?

If you have children do you send them to a private school so they can get a decent education because of bussing?
View Quote

I send my son to private school to avoid political correctness (eg being suspended for having a toy gun).  I ensure his quality education by teaching him what he needs to know myself.  I went to private schools so I know that often they don't teach enough of the harder suibjects.

How safe are you in the neighborhoods around the intersection of Memorial and Florida Ave?
View Quote

Very safe.  Drive through there all the time.  Actually they recently bulldozed the projects there.  But then, I feel safe pretty much anywhere through the aid of John Moses Browning's best invention.

The point that I have trying to make is that the  "crimes" of the KKK have been greatly exaggerated by the liberal press.
View Quote

Yes, and you're wrong.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Member of a Jew Crew? splain....

I really don't think you understand what it's like to be Jewish.Do you? persecutation, even after all these years is still haunting, at least to me.I still look over my shoulder.Paranoid, heck yeah!

View Quote

Who exactly are you expecting to see when you look over your shoulder in California?  The ghost of Himmler?  

The "you don't understand what it's like to be jewish" comment is the most bigoted, ridiculous thing I've ever read on here.  Well, you don't understand what it's like to be a White atheist.  And since you're not a WA, you have no idea how bad it is...luickily I am a WA, so let me tell you how terrible it is.  If you disagree with anything I'm telling you about how persecuted we are, then you're a WA hater.

Come off it.  Every group has been down at some point.  I'd say the average black man has a better reason to look over his shoulder than the average Jew in America does.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I am totally unsurprised, given your unrealistic attitude about the KKK.

View Quote

I don't hang out in Winter Haven too much anymore, but back before the Lakeland Mall and the AMC Merchant's Walk theaters were built I used to go over there quite a bit and never had any problems whatsoever.

View Quote

Never.  Never had anyone try to break into my home or car.  Back around 85 my parents and I lived in a rougher area of town...out east off Reynold's Road...and we had a drunk guy who got confused about where he was try to break our door in, but no one has ever tried to break into my house to rob it.

View Quote

And how long ago was this?

View Quote

I send my son to private school to avoid political correctness (eg being suspended for having a toy gun).  I ensure his quality education by teaching him what he needs to know myself.  I went to private schools so I know that often they don't teach enough of the harder suibjects.

View Quote

Very safe.  Drive through there all the time.  Actually they recently bulldozed the projects there.  But then, I feel safe pretty much anywhere through the aid of John Moses Browning's best invention.

View Quote

Yes, and you're wrong.  
View Quote

Thanks for the exchange RikWriter.  I actually don't feel as strong as my post indicates.  I was just trying to show the other side of an arugument.  Like I started off my first post, I'm not a supporter and I have never been a member.  Most of my relatives got out of the Klan business 30 years ago.  Like it or not the Klan is a part of our history.

I'm glad they are cleaning up Lakeland now.  I'm moving back home next summer.  Polk County is a great place to live.  Maybe I'll see you out at the range sometime.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top