BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:40:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I know the street you're talking about. It's fairly near here.

I tried Gorditas a few days ago at a food court my buddies took me to. Not bad, but not great. I'll stick to fajitas, choriqueso, and steaks, myself. Tomatillos is, so far, the fanciest place I've been to, and it was very good.

Unfortunately, I have to drive, so I have a rental on the company's dime, along with Mexican Insurance, of course.

I don't know about TJ, but here I have been treated like a prince. Maybe it's because I speak the language. Maybe  it's because I'm a QA Manager with one of the companies here. Maybe I'm just a bang-up guy!

All I know, though, is that I spend as little time on the street as possible. Nothing to see here, anyway....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
As has been stated here, the resort areas are a world apart from the border towns... I just got back from a week in Playa Del Carmen (about 30 miles south of Cancun), and it was wonderful. My vacation pics can be seen here:

photobucket.com/albums/v236/shooter2_indy

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

wow TJ would be a fucking blast with a driver, i do better on foot though plus you just walk right through customs, no waiting in traffic.

Last time I went to TJ with some buddies was a while before 9/11, and everytime we just walked through at the Border and said "American" when they asked for citizenship just before we cross back into the US  (at San Ysidro)--I assume (or rather, hope) that this is no longer the case and they check people out now when re-entering the States?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I won't ever go back to Mexico. Ever.

+1

Seen one 3rd world shithole, you've seen them all.

Yup.

+1.

Repeat.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow TJ would be a fucking blast with a driver, i do better on foot though plus you just walk right through customs, no waiting in traffic.

Last time I went to TJ with some buddies was a while before 9/11, and everytime we just walked through at the Border and said "American" when they asked for citizenship just before we cross back into the US  (at San Ysidro)--I assume (or rather, hope) that this is no longer the case and they check people out now when re-entering the States?

suprisingly its pretty much the same now, even through the BP check point you just say USA and they wave you through.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top