Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Mak762, how many ims have you gotten so far?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thought of it ? Well on occasion who hasn't.

I'm single w/no kids, have a crappy ball busting job with no chance of advancement that will eventually I'm sure turn me into a cripple. But i don't think of it constantly everyday 24/7. If it becomes an obsession i think then is the time to seek help.

What really prevents me from actually doing it? I love my family way to much.  I could never willingly put them through that kind of hell.

A person that could truly deserves to burn IMO.  Thank god I'm blessed with a very tight nit family.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I think every man has thought about it to some degree.

I believe myself to have a very good life, I'm young, athletic, intelligent, own a preban AR15, have a honest, devoted, compassionate, healthy relationship, and the world ahead of me. Yet I still think about what everyone's reactions would be if I offed myself. I find it interesting thinking of all the people I know and what their reaction would be. I have nothing to lead to such thoughts but I still find myself pondering the idea every once in awhile.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's a very dispicable, selfish way to end a life though.

I as an atheist believe this is my one shot at things so I really try to live life to it's fullest, treating others how I'd like to be treated in return.

Just an 18 year old's thoughts on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It would make my ex-wife wayyyyyyyyy to happy.  
(this little guy looks like Kerry throwing a frag)    
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyone has encountered a suicide at some time in their lives. Friend, family member, co-worker... it is normal to wonder what drives a person to that point, and to feel guilty if you think you could have stopped them, but to think about your own suicide is not normal. Depression is a slippery slope. No one wakes up one day depressed, they slip into depression gradually, sure some go faster than others, but what I am trying to say is....

If you are thinking about your own suicide, even if it is totally hypathetical at this point, don't ignore it, or think it will automatically go away. It could be the start of depression. Talk to a friend of family member. See a counselor, or priest / pastor.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that everyone considers it though more in the sense that it is in your power to do, not that you necessarily would. I think it has a lot to do with confronting mortality not actually consdiering it as an approporiate avenue.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I as an atheist believe this is my one shot at things

Not dissing your beliefs... I respect them..... but how depressing and hopeless that must be.... to think that this life is all there is.... this little blink of an existence.... all by chance?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Trust me, I believe myself to be a intelligent guy, I'll be sitting in the car heading down the highway just thinking about those exact things. I just think.... you've been on this earth 18 years, almost 1/3 of that you weren't capable of really remembering things... I have the dream of leaving a good impression on most people I meet and I always enjoy being the respectful one.

I just find religion to be way too convenient, an answer to the unanswerable....

Oh and one other thing FALARAK.... my biggest fear in this life is facing a terminal illness in my prime.... that would devastate me...

It's ridiculous... I got a pretty bad fever the other day and I was with my girlfriend so I acted like it wasn't a big deal. Well I took my temperature and it was right around 103...... 2 minutes later I think to myself.... hey jackass high temperatures cause brain damage... what did I do at that point? Went and got mommy! I just saw my future in medicine going down the drain.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not "normal" but definitely understandable if you are going through a traumatic time in your life.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It will always be a preban to those behind the lines....

Who's up for price gouging?

Actually I'm willing to sell it for the price I can get a new 16" from Bushy for.

I believe that'd be fair, then an ARFCOMer behind enemy lines could have their FH and Bayo lug and I could still retain basically the same rifle.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Sure... I hope a lot of people I know will kill themselves.... That is normal, right ?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Well any how I had a friend about 10 years back who played a little game with a handgun after breaking up with his girlfriend. To say the least he lost. His car sat in front of his parents house for about 5 years.

I don't think suicide is always the wrong path but its not always the right path.
If your very ill and chronic pain or what ever it may be it depends on the person.

It is kind of selfish to feel the person who took their own life was selfish.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  Pretty chicken shit, unless you have some sort of terminal medical condition. Then I might understand why someone would do it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
if you are a devout Christian, as I am, you know where suicide will lead you.

edited for mispelling.

Obviously if you think about it even once, something's wrong in your life - a loved one died, lost a great job, etc. - but that doesn't mean you're actually going to do it, or even want to. It's a quick fix, that doesn't fix anything. And if you're thinking about it, you're not in your right mind.

I used to think about it every single day, all day long. I knew not to do it and as time went on I got so sick of living like that I eventually said "Fuck it and fuck my problems, they can kiss my fuckin' ass!". I deal with my problems or I let them go, either way they don't bother me anymore.

Once in a while the thought crosses my mind, but like Sharpshot said, it's not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if you are a devout Christian, as I am, you know where suicide will lead you.

edited for mispelling.

Obviously if you think about it even once, something's wrong in your life - a loved one died, lost a great job, etc. - but that doesn't mean you're actually going to do it, or even want to. It's a quick fix, that doesn't fix anything. And if you're thinking about it, you're not in your right mind.

I used to think about it every single day, all day long. I knew not to do it and as time went on I got so sick of living like that I eventually said "Fuck it and fuck my problems, they can kiss my fuckin' ass!". I deal with my problems or I let them go, either way they don't bother me anymore.

Once in a while the thought crosses my mind, but like Sharpshot said, it's not gonna happen.

Something to think about.....as Christians improve their walk with Christ, satan tries harder to drag us back down.......

So if you're getting depressed, ask yourself.....what GOOD thing am I doing in life that's making satan try harder?

BTW,
a lady I've known for many years committed suicide earlier this week.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top