BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think the max penalty for not responding is a $100 fine.

They can go piss up a rope.

Unfortunately, they published a new rule in the Federal Register.  It's $100 per question you don't answer, $500 if it's a false or misleading answer.  And there's about 50 questions on this illegal survey.

BTW, that level of fine, if you don't pay, becomes a felony.  Incredible plan to turn us all into felons and take away our guns?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
In Geneaology research, census info is the Schidt.  Your info is protected for 72 years. Fill the damned thing out.

Just like it was for US citizens of Asian extraction in 1942?

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
right on the front of the envolope it says YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED BY LAW . they can go fuck themselves. are you goin to fill out yours ?

You got it in the mail?

It's garbage. Throw it away. You're under no legal obligation to receive or respond to garbage sent by standard mail.

If they're persistent, they'll come to your home in person.

And they will be invited three times to leave.  After that, I put them in zip-ties and haul their ass to the police station to charge them with trespassing.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The paranoia exhibited in this thread is hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You think this is paranoia?

In the year 2000, census workers came to my house.  I refused to answer any questions.  They quickly drew their guns and forced their way inside.  Once inside our home they tied us all up and forced us to drink tap water for hours until my wife cracked and gave up all the information.  

Although we all have strong healthy teeth now, we still jump in fear every time we hear the door bell, even if it is only the Jehovah's Witnesses...
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You think this is paranoia?

In the year 2000, census workers came to my house.  I refused to answer any questions.  They quickly drew their guns and forced their way inside.  Once inside our home they tied us all up and forced us to drink tap water for hours until my wife cracked and gave up all the information.  

Although we all have strong healthy teeth now, we still jump in fear every time we hear the door bell, even if it is only the Jehovah's Witnesses...

I'm getting the feel of the massive and invasive gubment control of our minds through secret radio waves.  You other guys may want to start lining the walls of your address with foil and sandbag the entrance - pronto.  Census Bureau armored vehicles have been spotted nearby!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm getting the feel of the massive and invasive gubment control of our minds through secret radio waves.  You other guys may want to start lining the walls of your address with foil and sandbag the entrance - pronto.  Census Bureau armored vehicles have been spotted nearby!

Of course!  Why hadn't I thought of that yet?  I need to renew my Foil Weekly subscription so I can keep up.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Man liver is catfish bait.

Hon whats for dnner tonight.

Your favorite dear.

Catfish bait and thunderbird wine.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Last time around we entered how many people live at this address and left the rest of the form blank. They called a couple times and my wife told them that was all the information they were getting. They finally came out to the house and I told them the same thing. They went away and we never heard from them again.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top