Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:22:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't be homeless for long.

I'm just not one of those types.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm infantry I'm trained to be homeless...................
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL.  "Homelessness".
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
People chose to be homeless.

Yup.

The REALLY dumb ones choose to be 'homelessness' .
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
People would give you money for drugs and beer! Do it

eta Just get a job somewhere and have a room mate. It doesn't matter if it's 10 hours a week at Mc Donalds.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:38:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always said if that happened I would become a roving seasonal worker in national parks.  Half those ninnies are just that.  Or, find my way to Alaska and work in a dive bar and live in the back room.  But, I will never allow that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I would handle homelessness by getting a home ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:40:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, these days the only people who truly live on the streets are people with substance abuse issues or mental issues. Both of which have no place on the streets.

There are so many programs to help people who actually want help out there.

+1

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:57:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
If you became homeless, you would have become homelessness.

Or you have become a bum.

I've seen that movie jules.

Dude, I think a lot of us here have been worried about you for a while. Seriously, talk to somebody.
We wanna see ya back to normal around here.

Ok I'm talking to you.

I like your avatar friend.

I want to be back to normal also.

Guess what, I am having an end of life senerio.

Thanks for you and others worry.

Life takes us into some dark corners of wierdness sometimes.  

I'm glad you visit with us when that is going on.  

But you are there and we are here at the other end of a keyboard.

I am betting right now that if we were setting together, you, me, or you and any other arfcommer –– We'd say 'Hey!  Come on man, we want you better and squared away.  Let me call your clinic, and see about getting you into a better situation for a while.'

We can't physically do that.  But we would like to.

So you're gonna have to help us this little bit now.  Call a suicide outreach number and just talk to them.  You might get a flake on the other end ot the line, or you might get a squared away person.  Doesn't matter.  What matters is getting you into a place of greater safety and get you some relief.

It's okay.  You're not the first one of us here down this road.  Get yourself some help.

Here's a number I looked up for you to get started, since we don't know your location:

Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Your call will be routed to the nearest crisis center to you.

You have good instincts, FACTS.  You've come here to talk with us on arfcom, 'cause there's a lot of smart people with all kinds of life experience (including some bumpy roads) come here.

Get yourself better.  Anybody with a Roman aqueduct for an avatar is cool enough to get his ass better.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It'd be pretty much impossible in my case, unless my entire family died AND I had a pretty severe physical disability of some sort.

I'd have to choose to be homeless, honestly.

this,

and I would have to work hard at doing it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Couch surf for chores, this is probably even easier these days with Craigslist and a public library. Get any kind of work to save up for a shave and some clean clothes - rake leaves, shovel driveways, mow yards, donate plasma, whatever. Get a job with clean clothes and shaven face. Save for an apartment in a toxic waste dump part of town - restaurant gig that will give you a free meal per shift helps enormously, believe it or not. Work, save, get better job, get better place. Currently in the stage of saving to go to school, hopefully before I hit 30.

Worked for me when I got kicked out from my psychotic parent's house with nothing but the clothes I was wearing and 20 bucks in my wallet when I was 17.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:06:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Been there done that in my rebellious teen years.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd end up sleeping in the truck.  Wouldn't be the first time.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I would spend my free time studying grammar.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:19:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd lie about having an address and get a job.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, these days the only people who truly live on the streets are people with substance abuse issues or mental issues. Both of which have no place on the streets.

I belive local deprecions are going to happen. The .gov is trying to extend unemployment a few weeks.

Just watch what happens.

You're an engineering student?  As in made it in to a university of some sort?  Really?  

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:46:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I've been there, done that.

It's not that bad if you keep your wits about you.
A lot like primitive camping.

The big trick is having the willpower to get through it.
Once you've "lost it" you're toast.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not always true.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not always true.

"Homelessness" is a state of mind.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not always true.

Longterm it is.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:04:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I was homeless at 18.  no job, no money, and "in between" apartments...

I got a job washing dishes, got an apartment with my brother who was also in the same situation, and worked from there.  oddly enough my desire to join the military only matured after I had already found a good job, got married, and bought a house.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I belive local deprecions are going to happen. The .gov is trying to extend unemployment a few weeks.

Just watch what happens.

Jeez! your spelling sucks!, Learn Engrish!(English) Math and engineering sure won't help you communicate enough to pass at a job interview. For what its worth I think "The Clown" already has enough illiterates on his payroll.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#23]
how old is the OP? and what year of College are you in?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top