BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Dont get fat. Fat people suck!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Something strange going on in our society.
Going to school in the 1960's and finally being done with it in 1972 I can tell you there just was NOT many fat kids.
Most that were considered fat in that time would hardly be called "chunky" today.
The truly obese generally had some weird health problems.
And being fat then was pretty much a person that was not suffered well at all.
Being a fat is not part of the normal human experience,
Except for today when I see 15 year olds carrying 30 pounds too many or 30 year olds carrying 90 pounds too many or far more....
Come on people.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Don't eat more than you burn.  Don't get fat.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
You don't accept getting fat you lose weight lol.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#5]
U dont. Theres no excuse unless u wanna be fat
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I slowed down my eating.  I can probably lose 20 lbs but considering my age, I'm better than most folks my age (and some of the younger guys too).
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You don't, you quit eating and you get skinnier.

View Quote

This.  Although I would add that one should eat better and WORK OUT.  Fat, and worse yet...out of shape, are not options.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Never except getting fat.

Never accept getting fat.

accept getting fat.

Girls do not accept guys getting fat, except fat girls.
View Quote

what if your wife gets fat? Do not accept?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll never accept it. It feels too good to not be fat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Never exept getting fat.

accept getting fat.

View Quote

My GF got upset the other day when I said my friends GF had gained 50 pounds since they starTed dating and he was going to break up with her. She said that we were vain, blah blah and if I ever got fat she would still love me.

I told her bullshit. If I had been a fat slob instead of a fit athlete when we met she wouldn't have looked twice at me.

In addition to that I'm never losing my six pack, so she is the only one that has to worry about getting fat
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:18:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I am 5 seven and 185 lbs.

My BMI says I am obese.

I just started freeletics six weeks ago.

Same exact weigt but little slimmer and stronger

I can now do 250 sit ups
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't.  I exercise a lot.  Why would I not exercise?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Nobody has commented on the irony of the OP's username and this thread yet?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I haven't.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#15]
When I hit 30 I started to get fat. But hey what do you expect when your metabolism slows down with age and you don't work out anymore and you eat too much junk food. So I made an effort to eat healthier and went back to the gym. Now I'm looking good again. You shouldn't just give up on yourself so easily. Try harder!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fpni.

Adjust your eating habits.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I celebrated with a beer and a bag of doughnuts...what do you mean how did I accept it.  Not well...
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#18]
I wound up on steroids 4 times this summer - I'm now up 15 lbs. I'm dieting and exercising more because I refuse to upgrade a pants size. I refuse. I don't care if I have to run myself into the ground. The older I get, the harder it gets to drop new weight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#19]
You don't. You work harder.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Im not fat.  Wont ever be unless something serious health wise happens.  I refuse to be fat/obese
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Accepted that food is a constant source of joy in my life.

fwiw I did abuse my body when I was younger.  Competitive Athletics for years, followed by hard ranch work and serious kayaking.  Competitive athletics effected my knees, kayaking and ranching destroyed my feet (dropped heavy shit on toes - bone fragments are a bitch), and Kayaking wrecked my shoulders.  I still get out and about quite well - but never know how bad the payback will be a couple days latter.  I usually am limping for several days after each weekend.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Changed eat habits went to the gym and thinned out. Its not rocket science
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm 59 and not fat. 5'9" and 170.
Everywhere I go I see fat fucks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It clearly happens with age... Same eating habits no exercise, how did you except it?
View Quote

excuses.....you have them.

234lbs at one point, 6'-0" at 39 yrs old

A steady 184lbs since then because I decided to do better for myself and just turned 49 three days ago.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm 6'2" and between 215 and 220 at age 30. I graduated high school at 6'1" and 165. I would look like a Somalian refugee if I still weighed 165.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not fat, not going to be fat. Simple as that. Watch the amount I eat and what I do eat is healthy. Simple lifestyle...
View Quote

This.  Most of the time you choose to be fat.  With the right foods and exercise you do not have to be fat regardless of age.

Some people get fat because of medical problems.  Most get fat because they take in more calories than they burn.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#27]
In before the I am big boned crowd with glandular problems
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I was drinking a lot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Something strange going on in our society.

Going to school in the 1960's and finally being done with it in 1972 I can tell you there just was NOT many fat kids.

Most that were considered fat in that time would hardly be called "chunky" today.

The truly obese generally had some weird health problems.

And being fat then was pretty much a person that was not suffered well at all.

Being a fat is not part of the normal human experience,

Except for today when I see 15 year olds carrying 30 pounds too many or 30 year olds carrying 90 pounds too many or far more....

Come on people.
View Quote
I graduated HS in 97, and I can tell you we may have had less than 10 true porkpies in a class of @175.

And of that group, maybe one or two were Wal-Mart scooter fat.

People deny that there is a culture war, but there was and the good side lost. Since everything is a moral free for all, there is no shame in being a land whale. Once upon a time, being porkulous was embarrassing, not anymore.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#31]
It's not a struggle I have ever faced.
My metabolism has always been high, and I never took a shine to drinking pop all day, or at all.

My wife has had to do the willpower thing to control her weight. She has gained 40 pounds over the years, and could stand to lose a few pounds.

The flip side is...when I am elderly and get sick, I'll lose twenty pounds and die.
She'll lose twenty pounds and live another ten or twenty years a bit thinner than she was before.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It clearly happens with age... Same eating habits no exercise, how did you except it?
View Quote

initially I enjoyed not being cold, then I started a new job that was more physical and lost 15 lbs in a month.  20 more pounds and I will be skinny and cold again.
Not sure how I feel about that.

speed
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I move around more and eat less
View Quote

This.

I am a HUGE proponent of the E.L.M.M.* diet. It is the only way.

*Eat Less Move More.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I won't accept getting fat. Those that are strong willed can avoid it. It isn't easy and every decade it gets harder fighting it. In mid 40's now, but I have to work out harder and mind what I eat more than I did in my 30's to maintain a hard physique that the wife likes to rub her hands all over.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fattie threads are always pretty funny.
View Quote

They are, and I'm a fatty.

Here's my pathetic excuse:  I was a cross country runner in high school.  6' 1", 155 lbs.  Skinny son of a bitch, retarded high metabolsim.  Ate a ton because I burned it all off.  Went to college, worked out and went up to 190 due to less running and more lifting.  Was still in shape.  Started drinking too much beer, did less running and working out.  Graduated college at 210.  A couple of years later, started a new sales job.  Exceptionally long hours, on the road a lot.  Metabalism finally slowing down+stressful job+fast food on the road=balloon effect.  It got bad quickly and I don't even want to say what new heights the scale hit.  

Quit that job, now doing work that makes me happy, not eating fast food and working out twice a day has started to turn things around, but I did a lot of damage to myself.  I've lost weight but have a long way to go.

Currently at 235.  Running and doing a light workout (pushups/situps/body builders/some light dumbbell stuff) twice a day right now.  

I don't even have a weight loss goal, I'm just trying to get back into running shape.  It's been 10 years since I've run a competitive 5K.  Working hard to get into shape to do one by the end of this year.  I'd eventually like to hit 190 or less again, but I'm not focused on weight right now, just getting back into shape.  The weight loss will come with it.

Anyway, that is my excuse.  Stress+bad food+not working out will kill you.  Try to avoid those.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm lucky, I'm 48 , and my metabolism is still pretty good. I have a very physical job, I still eat pretty much anything I want.

Heartburn is the only problem .
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Here's my pathetic excuse:  I was a cross country runner in high school.  6' 1", 155 lbs.  Skinny son of a bitch, retarded high metabolsim.  Ate a ton because I burned it all off.  Went to college, worked out and went up to 190 due to less running and more lifting.  Was still in shape.  Started drinking too much beer, did less running and working out.  Graduated college at 210.  A couple of years later, started a new sales job.  Exceptionally long hours, on the road a lot.  Metabalism finally slowing down+stressful job+fast food on the road=balloon effect.  It got bad quickly and I don't even want to say what new heights the scale hit.  

Quit that job, now doing work that makes me happy, not eating fast food and working out twice a day has started to turn things around, but I did a lot of damage to myself.  I've lost weight but have a long way to go.

Currently at 235.  Running and doing a light workout (pushups/situps/body builders/some light dumbbell stuff) twice a day right now.  

I don't even have a weight loss goal, I'm just trying to get back into running shape.  It's been 10 years since I've run a competitive 5K.  Working hard to get into shape to do one by the end of this year.  I'd eventually like to hit 190 or less again, but I'm not focused on weight right now, just getting back into shape.  The weight loss will come with it.

Anyway, that is my excuse.  Stress+bad food+not working out will kill you.  Try to avoid those.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I refuse to believe that you're a fattie. I will not change my mental image of you.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't accept it. I am getting old and my legs and back are bad. I used to run every day, now I can't....

6.1/225, I should be 185-190
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I refuse to believe that you're a fattie. I will not change my mental image of you.
View Quote

I'm a skinny man trying to run my way out of a fat man.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<------------ mich ultra
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

<------------ mich ultra
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<------------ mich ultra

Beer of any kind is now a very occasional pleasure.  2 bottles max, and only rarely.

Fattys don't need beer.  My wife has actually seen cases of fat people killing their liver just with fat in the hospital.  That scared me sober (while I'm a fatty anyway).  

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

similar story, I was 125 in HS, the proverbial 90 lb weakling, cross country, but only about 5-10.  I got up to 215, and I am shooting for about 165 or so, I put on a lot of muscle, FINALLY in my late 20s.  Now I try to stay active,and eat better.

Speed
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Why do people care what others do to them selves?

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#44]
What he said

Quoted:
I was trim up through my thirties, but I put on some tonnage  in my forties. I keep telling myslef, its only 40 pounds, I can loose it whenever I want.  Meh, Im still a sexy mother fucker.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never except getting fat.

accept getting fat.

I wouldn't accept it. It's BS and disrespectful IMO if you keep in shape and she doubles in weight.

On a more serious note, I had been getting a belly for awhile after last winter for the first time in my life. I decided to lose weight based on the fact that I didn't want to buy all new $100 shorts, and big shorts look funny.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#46]
What he said
Eta double fat I mean tap.

Quoted:
I was trim up through my thirties, but I put on some tonnage  in my forties. I keep telling myslef, its only 40 pounds, I can loose it whenever I want.  Meh, Im still a sexy mother fucker.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#47]
I didnt. Im in good shape because I have a little self control.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

You stop eating so much sugar, get off your ass and exercise, and you get skinnier.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Fat chance - not happening here!
I'm almost sixty and I'm not fat!
When I noticed I was putting on a few pounds I modified my lifestyle, dropped the pounds, and I'm staying this way!

As it has been said - "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"....

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#50]
I lead a fairly sedentary lifestyle (goes with sitting in a cube working on a computer all day) but as of next week I'm going to put forth some serious effort and get back in shape.

Over lunch time I'm going to drive to a local park and start interval training.  I'm about 30lbs over my college weight and I need to get back to where I was.  I still practice martials arts but I am NOT in the same shape I once was.

It's unfortunate as in college I ran marathons/triathlons and played martial arts 3 days a week.  I was a tough bugger and I miss it.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top