Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The TSA locks you buy for your zippers are number-coded, and there aren't that many of them.

A handler could go to Walmart, buy a couple different boxes with different numbered keys/locks, and just match the number to get into that bag. I've bought similarly numbered locks a couple years apart and the keys work on all of them.

I thought about using a Pelican style case, but with a 50 lb. weight limit, and most airlines now only allowing one bag (except Southwest), it's just not worth it. The Pelican/Storm luggage just weighs too much.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buy luggage that can be locked shut without zippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf-DGKUNffI  

ok. im just gonna tell you, that this threat title is a complete fail. i dont care what kind of suitcase you have, or how you lock it...

i was returning from a trip, with the national guard, to south america. out dufflebags were searched in south america before we put them on the luggage conveyor. all you military guys know how tight a duffle bag gets packed, and how hard they are to repack. .. mine was searched, had a piece of security tape attached to it saying it had been searched. i reattached my padlock.

we arrived at miami airport. im waiting for my bag, when out of the converor hole loose clothes start coming out, socks, t shirts, dirty underwear,  a boot, ather odds and ends. then out comes my dufflebag, wide open. i was a mad, mad, pissed off guy that day. i rounded up my shit, and found my padlock, taped to a piece of paper, saying that tsa, had cut the lock with bolt cutters, and searched my bag, for safety reasons. apparently the fuck sticks could not reshut it, and just threw it onto the conveyor...

so, put any kind of lock you want, they will just cut it off.

The TSA tends to hire really dumb asses, it doesn't surprise me that they didn't know how to re-shut your bag.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it. Can't you just unzip the zipper like normal instead of using the pen?

Wrap the shit in plastic and go all third world style!

I love being at the baggage claim area in an international terminal watching all the third world nation luggage go by. Shits wrapped in tape, shrink wrap, all kinds of straps. Always seems like it has a Air India tag on it too. LOL.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top