Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2005 8:23:01 PM EDT
the last few months after I eat I have to eat or it WILL come out right away and it's mostely dihrea.  Not all the time just some times.  But I can't hold it.

Tonight I was in the car, picked up 2 sandwiches at mc donalds and was driving.  Within 5 minutes it had to come out! it was very close when I pulled into a gas station and got to the bathroom VERY fast.

Any doctors or anyone know what could be wrong? I don't really like this but I don't want to go to the doctor to get a lot of tests done that I don't need?

Anyone else have this problem?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
the last few months after I eat I have to eat or it WILL come out right away and it's mostely dihrea.  Not all the time just some times.  But I can't hold it.

Tonight I was in the car, picked up 2 sandwiches at mc donalds and was driving.  Within 5 minutes it had to come out! it was very close when I pulled into a gas station and got to the bathroom VERY fast.

Any doctors or anyone know what could be wrong? I don't really like this but I don't want to go to the doctor to get a lot of tests done that I don't need?

soft stools?  maybe fird flu?  or maybe you are eating like a monkey.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Come on guys.

Standard Arfcom medical answer is?

"You are going to - - -"
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Come on guys.

"You are going to - - -"

?? Shit your self?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Have your doc ultrasound your gall bladder.  That appears to be your problem.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Boy, tonight's the night for poop threads.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#6]
SO is it the same food comming right back out? Fascinating. Does it even get a little digested? or are the sesame seeds still on the pieces of bun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I know several people you have to take a dump right after they eat, that is not uncommon.

The persistent diarrhea over a period of months is not normal and is a sign something is not right.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Boy, tonight's the night for poop threads.

I've been eating fresh mustard greens for 5 days straight. If you want to see a real poop thread I am ready
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the same thing going on.

My guess was some kind of mild IBS, but my college student's income doesn't bring in enough for me to get insurance, which keeps me from going to the doctor.

I suppose we may also just have really quick metabolism, but the is a bit doubtful.  

ETA: after rereading your post, it sounds like yours is a bit worse than mine. I've never been in a situation with it here I thought I was going to shit myself.

It does seem that everything is more or less digested.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Take any medications?  I had the same problem when I was on a particular hypertension medication.  Thought it was IBS, even had a flex sphyg (trust me, not a fun procedure).  No troubles found.  Changed meds, all good again.

Woody
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
IBS or IBD.  [yeah it's not pleasant to think about or say] but if you see blood in the bowl or your stools, you should go see a doctor.

Either way, there are really good meds out there that can make your life much less urgent.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
IBTPL...

In Before The Poop Lock.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Take any medications?  I had the same problem when I was on a particular hypertension medication.  Thought it was IBS, even had a flex sphyg (trust me, not a fun procedure).  No troubles found.  Changed meds, all good again.

Woody

There is a problem, however, if the condition exists immediately after eating, especially something greasy like a McDonald's sandwich.  I'm telling you, the boy's gall bladder is defective.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I always considered the down pressure from just eating as the cause. I dunno.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
SO is it the same food comming right back out? Fascinating. Does it even get a little digested? or are the sesame seeds still on the pieces of bun.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Ripley's Believe It Or Not featured a guy who tried to commit suicide by ingesting drain cleaner. He survived but it literally ate his stomach away and the only option was to connect his intestine directly to his esophagus. The result was that any food he ate would almost immediately be passed out and in order for his body to absorb any nutrients, he would have to eat like twenty times a day. No lie.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#17]
In the oilfield, they refer to this as the "push". Whatever meal you eat will immediately dislodge your previous meal, in an abrupt fashion.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Could be irritable bowel syndrome, could be where you're dinning.

Avoid eating on the road for a while, and check back.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
In the oilfield, they refer to this as the "push". Whatever meal you eat will immediately dislodge your previous meal, in an abrupt fashion.

We now have a new "term" to use.

-What is the "push" factor of that meal?

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

There is a problem, however, if the condition exists immediately after eating, especially something greasy like a McDonald's sandwich.  I'm telling you, the boy's gall bladder is defective.

Why do you say the gall bladder is bad?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I had a similar problem about a year ago, went thru a ton of tests and it turned out to be a stomach parasite called Giardia.  More info here.

I had to take an antibiotic for three weeks, and could barely eat anything.  The worst part was that I couldnt drink ANY alcohol while on that particular antibiotic.  It was a LONG three weeks.  

Hopefully you dont have this, cause the tests for it are almost worse than the symptoms.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Woody

I have had same problems for a while now. I did have a problem with my GB, It quit working. Got it removed and Dr. says IBS. So u both are prob. right.
Anyway Dude go see your Dr. he will be able to help you more.
Prob. have some questions for you and maybe some test but above all, Start eating right and quit worring about shit!!!
The stress will kill you faster than IBS.

Good luck!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That is the problem, do you eat there often???
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#25]
i eat 3-4 meals a day.  all fairly small usually.

I do not take any medications.  Today was the first day a little kindof ummmm it squished out a bit so I'm starting to get concerned because it could have been a lot worse.

Why might my gullbladder be bad? What does that thing even do?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#26]
do you eat a lot of store bought or take out foods? because when I eat hamburgers from Jack in the Box
it causes me to have a movement, something in the meat? must be the seasoning?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#27]
i eat a lot of salads and healthy foods as well.  Sometimes it is right after an apple even.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#28]
I would also suggest it might be Giardia.

For post-Mongolian barbecue, it may be a sensitivity to MSG.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like IBS. Eat better take Equalactin (over the counter fiber supplement) no booze and if you smoke no good. Sorry
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Tonight I was in the car, picked up 2 sandwiches at mc donalds

Wow, there is your problem. Too much horse meat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i have this problem whenever I eat at Hu-Hot

(Mongolian build it yourself stir fry)

I use lots of garlic and hot sauce, a touch of wine, and some other things that seem to "flush" the intestines completely.

This will do it for most people, myself included.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#33]
IBS or you have some problem digesting fat for some reason
I had gall bladder problems in the past but there was extrme pain to go along with the ummm  rapid downloading
i would seriously go see a doctor
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok Luxan, I'll chime in with something besides irritable bowel syndrome.  You might see if you are lactose intolerant.  How often do you eat foods with dairy products in them?  I speak from PERSONAL experience that when I gotta go, I GOT TO GO!  One time in the middle of a search for a supposed dead body in the woods, I had to drive like a bat out of hell to a local grocery store where I literally "Exploded" into a toilet.

There are dairy supplements like Lactaid that can help quite a bit.  You take one when you eat food with dairy in it and the enzyme reproduces the enzyme that your body has stopped making and allows you to digest your food without the poops.

Let us know how it all comes out!

Don't let the above control your life!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Check out Crohn's Disease
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I've had that happen before.

You're eating too much.

Go like a day or so without eating or eating very little so you get a day to get the crap out of your system before you put more in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:47:45 AM EDT
[#37]
"Gastrocolic reflex" is what you're describing, and it's normal to need to go after eating. Pressure and peristaltic wave contractions caused by digestive mechanisms cranking back up are the cause for it.

What's not normal is the... shall we say... "tone" you've got going on. If it persists after eating a healthy diet for a few days and/or a short fast to try to give your system time to try to reset, I'd consider starting to look for problems with an actual MD, not just some redneck named Hobbit who posts on the net at odd times of the night.

FWIW- one of my grad school classmates got giardia from one of his cases (a dog), and to say that it was nasty is an understatement. His fiancee wasn't too happy about it either. I don't envy you guys who have had it.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:56:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Do you eat at Wing Hut?
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Do you also have a lot of indigestion/acid reflux?  A co-worker had a similar problem to yours, plyus acid reflux- went to the doctor and it turned out he had ulcers.  Doctor told him they were all related, and he started taking acid reflux medicine and it helped a lot.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Eating at Mcdonalds, its probably normal.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Do you eat at Wing Hut?

That's funny.

I had some digestive tract troubles recently. Not quite the same but I would definitely recommend a trip to your Dr.

If you've had any blood in your "movements", definitely see your doc.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Lay off the salads, diary, and greasy stuff for about 3 days and see what happens.  IBS just means that certain foods give you the shits.  It seems to be related to dairy products too.

Ops
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I have the same thing going on.

My guess was some kind of mild IBS, but my college student's income doesn't bring in enough for me to get insurance, which keeps me from going to the doctor.  

Most colleges have a health clinic you can visit for free or very low cost on-campus.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Change diet?  Try eating healthy for a change?  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Come on guys.

"You are going to - - -"

I got dibs on all his guns.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:57:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Curry shoots through me faster than a laser beam.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#49]
It happens to me everytime right after I eat at a McDonads or Burger King (Rarely).

Within 20 minutes I have the runs...........

My Gall Bladder was removed 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#50]
"Out with the old, in with the new." Thats what I always say, thats why I always eat in the bathroom.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top