User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
because you don't carry an AR in a holster that covers the trigger guard and keeps stuff from pulling the trigger. compensates for a massive design flaw.

eta: I type too slow sometimes

fixed

the glock trigger lacks the inherent safety of a true double action, yet it's a spongy mess that lacks the crisp trigger pull of a true single action.

the worst aspects of both types of trigger combined into a truly awful trigger.

and yet it's perfection (tm)

My post didn't need fixing. When a Glock is holstered, the trigger can't be pulled and the gun is therefore safe.

So carrying a handgun in a holster is to compensate for a design flaw? I must have been doing it wrong all these years, even when not carrying a Glock.

people have been carrying handguns in holsters for how long?  250 years?  

and now all the sudden we have a new term :  "glock leg"

you know perfectly well people are using a holster to compensate for the light trigger on the glock.

most of the posts in this thread say so

only women argue over semantics

not only is the trigger too light, it's squishy.  that's the only word for it, it's like a lamp switch.  it sucks, what a shitty design.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why not just turn the selector to fire and then grind it down with a grinder so that you can't turn it anymore?

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I was only saying this becasue the glock safety boggles my mind. Its always on safe as long as you dont pull the trigger.
A democrat with a degree in social services must have desgined it.
It sucks but "they" say its the best.

I shoot a glock 9mm very well. But they have always been other peoples guns.
THe only Glock I owned was a model 22.. And it was nothing like the 9mm, 17 or 19.
the recoil is compelety different, in a good way.

this weekend at the range 2 hipsters had a NIB glock 19  (thats the compact 9mm right??)

Anyway, I gave them a few targets already taped to a box. They sat cans on top of the box and missed them alot at 25 feet away.
Before I left they let me shoot it. I shot at the paper targets and hit the 4" black circle everytime after getting the POA in check.
Generally with a 9mm glock I just imiagine the barrel pointing at the target and it hits it. its so easy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
because you don't carry an AR in a holster that covers the trigger guard and keeps stuff from pulling the trigger. compensates for a massive design flaw.

fixed

the glock trigger lacks the inherent safety of a true double action, yet it's a spongy mess that lacks the crisp trigger pull of a true single action.

My post didn't need fixing. When a Glock is holstered, the trigger can't be pulled and the gun is therefore safe.

So carrying a handgun in a holster is to compensate for a design flaw? I must have been doing it wrong all these years, even when not carrying a Glock.

people have been carrying handguns in holsters for how long?  250 years?  

and now all the sudden we have a new term :  "glock leg"

you know perfectly well people are using a holster to compensate for the light trigger on the glock.

most of the posts in this thread say so

only women argue over semantics

not only is the trigger too light, it's squishy.  that's the only word for it, it's like a lamp switch.  it sucks, what a shitty design.

If you think people only started shooting themselves after Glocks came on the market, you're crazy.

And only douches resort to using personal attacks when trying to argue their opinion is the only one and everyone else is wrong.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The purpose of the glock  "trigger safety" is to keep the trigger from moving if the pistol is dropped. It provides zero benefits in rendering the weapon safe in the context of a tradition firearm safety switch/lever which keeps the weapon from firing if the trigger is pulled.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do they actually make rifles without an external safety?

Older Marlin rifles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed

He's a glock hating troll who thinks we should all shoot revolvers... nothing to see here...

Well, masterbrain, the glock trigger is unlike any trigger that I know of, except for copies of the glock trigger.

a normal double action trigger has a real long length of stroke to the trigger and usually around 10 lb pull weight.

a glock trigger has around half the stroke and pull weight.  

so it's like basically half of a double action.

i know that you find this impossible, but i don't think that's a heavy enough trigger pull for a gun without a manual safety, especially for a combat type handgun.

i have fired glocks many times, they're not exactly hard to find.  my brother even owns one.

your argument is based on calling me a troll and pretending that i've never fired a glock and that i told everyone to buy a revolver, none of which is true.

but it makes you happy, so by all means stick with it.  maybe write "fuck you' in there to make it more impressive

i do have a question:  why do almost all the posts to this thread say you need a holster as an impromptu safety for the  glock?   i thought all you glock fanboys just "keep your booger hook off the bang button"

he he he

Sorry I didn't mean to be nasty and I'm sorry you took me so seriously.  I do remember you ranting in a thread a couple months ago though. Kept going on and on about how a double action revolver was the ideal trigger...

And I think all holsters should cover the trigger on a handgun.  I'm careful with my Glock and have never had a ND.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Because it would be just as much a piss-poor shit-for-brains worthless design on an AR as it is on a glock. The trigger is the GREATEST fault of gaston's frankenstein.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because in the AR it isn't a safety, it is a selector switch.

I like it

On another note
That would give you a really nice rifle that might fire when it was dropped into the brush
Like when a Soldier was crawling through the brush

I wanted an Endo stock for my Glock till I realized I would have a nice carbine with NO real safety
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate the Glock trigger as it is...why would I want it on my AR?
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do they actually make rifles without an external safety?

Older Marlin rifles.

The half-cock is the safety on the older Marlin and Winchester lever action guns.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top