Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 5:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been carrying a AFCK for the last couple of years and I love it.  

Tell me something guys, what do you think about Benchmade Bali-Song Butterfly knives?  I know they look "punkish" but way back when I was in high school they were cool.  I haven't carried one for 9 years but I'm thinking of about getting one.  I live in Alabama so legality is not a problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was just wondering if anyone out their actually carry's a micro-tek? I saw one at a gun show recently that was a out the front model that retracts as fast as it comes out. One small problem though. the $500 + price tag. I have always wanted. a micro-tek but don't know if I would carry it for fear of screwing up the finish anyway. So who carry's one?
View Quote

Mini-SOCOM (Bead blasted palin edge clip point) everyday, and fullsize SOCOM (Black TiN Tanto Conbo edge) when I want something bigger. I have yet to figure out how to damage the finish on it, but It has sliced my finger a few times without my even thinking about it...Scariest sharp edge I've ever seen right outta the box. Are MicroTechs Expensive? Yes, they are. Are they worth it? Every single Penny.  Shop around, BTW, you can usually find them significantly less than retail.
Pit
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Carry a Swiss Army officers model daily (don't leave home without it) and usually a SOG pocket-clip also. Have one that is 3" and another that is 4 1/2". Serrated edges, dangerously sharp.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Spyderco four years ago to use during Deer season it has not left my pocket since.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been carrying a AFCK for the last couple of years and I love it.  

Tell me something guys, what do you think about Benchmade Bali-Song Butterfly knives?  I know they look "punkish" but way back when I was in high school they were cool.  I haven't carried one for 9 years but I'm thinking of about getting one.  I live in Alabama so legality is not a problem.
View Quote

Yeah, the Bali-songs are REALLY nice.  Yeah they are well made, feel great, etc.  But, IMHO, they just aren't worth the price.  For the same price as one Benchmade, you can get 5 generic butterfly knives.  I have one that I have carried for a couple of years in the pocketknife role.  It's pretty tough, was relatively cheap, and just as cool looking when I flip it around.  Go with the generic butterlys, you won't be missing much and your wallet will be that much heavier.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Tactical Folder??  If it FOLDS up, and fits in your POCKET, then it's a POCKET KNIFE!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Emerson CQC-7:  been carrying this for about 2 years now.  has served me well, no complaints.

[img]http://imagep.webphotos.iwon.com//1000034032/1000034032_314200230939PM0.4207509.jpg[/img]

Yow
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Benchmade Stryker with combo edge.  It needs a new blade now, I've been hard on it over the last 2 years.  Benchmade makes the best decently priced knives I've seen yet...  I got mine new at a show for $80, you can't beat that!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Benchmade Stryker.  I carry it every day.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top