Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I switched to diet soda.  I used to drink regular Dew all the time.  I really dont need all the sugar.  The diet stuff works for me.

Now the Reg stuff tastes wierd.

Mark.

This sounds like an AA meeting. I drank 4-5 cans a day four or five years ago. Now I have 2 diet Pepsis a day. Lots of water.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody switch to green tea? Does it have caffiene?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Cold turkey is the only way.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to drink 3 to 4 liters a day, almost every day. Last year on Jan 1st I decided to cut back and I ended up drinking only 8 Mt. Dews the whole year and those were a few 20oz bottles and a few at some restraunts. I did that and started working out a little again and lost about 42 pounds in 4 months. And my chol, tryg, liver functions, bp and everything else are the best they have been in almost a decade by far.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Cold turkey is the only way.

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I usually drink about 2 liters of Dew a day.

I don't want to quit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You people drinking water need to keep in mind fish do obscene things in water.  

I know...

But I've got no choice...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

According to a dentist friend, Dew mouth is similar in cause to meth mouth.  Meth addicts typically drink tons of sugared soda pop.  Sugar gives bacteria something to feed on, and the continual wash of acidic soda keeps the mouth environment prime for decay.  He recommends drinking it quickly and chasing it with water, to wash the soda away.  That's better than constantly sipping & washing saliva away.

Friend went through this with Dr. Pepper.

He would drink it and sip it through out the work day.    When he finally went to the dentist he had 12-15 cavities waiting to be filled.

I'm a Dew drinker and haven't been to the dentist in a LONG time but back when I routinely went to the dentist I was drinking a lot more Dew in my hay days(32-64 ounces a day) and wasn't getting complaints from the dentist.

Reason I'm weaning off it now is to try to see if I can reduce my weight a tad.     I'll drink maybe a 6 pack on the weekends between friday night to sunday night.    Then nothing during the week.    Overall quantities are cut down to around 1/2 to 1/3 of what I previously was drinking.

Quoted:
I used to drink 3 to 4 liters a day, almost every day. Last year on Jan 1st I decided to cut back and I ended up drinking only 8 Mt. Dews the whole year and those were a few 20oz bottles and a few at some restraunts. I did that and started working out a little again and lost about 42 pounds in 4 months. And my chol, tryg, liver functions, bp and everything else are the best they have been in almost a decade by far.

Those are my reasons for wanting to cut back.   I'm not gonna quit drinking it, too weak and I actually do like the stuff.    But I'm afraid that it will wind up killing me one day.   Diabietes is not something I want to have and wind up having Mt. Dew to thank for it.

I don't know if it's my addiction that allows me to pound a Mt Dew as if it were water.

WORSE MT DEW TASTES BEST WHEN IT IS COLD FROM A CAN    I don't like it coming from a plastic bottle, it isn't bad from a fountain where it could have it's syrup or carbonation adjusted.    But from a can it tastes best, it has more bite to it in my opinion.

This thread has gotta be the reason why the creators of Futurama made the Slurm Cola episode.    Many of us Dew drinkers are like Fry, we'll drink Dew even if we knew it came from a worm heiney.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I try to quit from time-to-time.  The headaches always get me going again.  

I agree that the "Nectar of the gods" is best COLD from a can.  

I know if I quit I could drop some weight pretty quickly.  Part of my problem is I just don't like water.

Gus
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#12]
YeP!

I had it bad back in the day. a 2 liter bottle was a "single serving"... and drank several a day....often back to back.

When I did quit, I went cold turkey. Quit on a day when I had the next two days off. I never had headaches so bad in my life as when I was going through the withdrawals. I could not have worked through it... but was subsided pretty well by the time I went back to work.

For a few years after that, I did the occasional Dew. I ended up quiting pretty much all caffeine a couple years ago. Had a high BP issue, and caffeine was a no-no. I have never had any of the "new Dews" like the Code Red, Orange, Blue, or Black.

The only caffeine I have now is what little bit may be in any iced tea that I occasionally drink.

Good luck.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone here work for Pepsi? Do you know if Dew outsells Pepsi? I'm talking about at the grocery store, convenience store, pop machines, etc...not at restaurants, movies, etc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Kicked it over the summer.  Worked construction in hot weather, decent food, and started getting some sleep.

For this semester, I have gone to coffee.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Anybody switch to green tea? Does it have caffiene?

It's got a little. Fake tea (herbal) doesn't have any unless they add it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Anyone here work for Pepsi? Do you know if Dew outsells Pepsi? I'm talking about at the grocery store, convenience store, pop machines, etc...not at restaurants, movies, etc.

I used to work for them.  It's their biggest seller.  I work for Coke now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:21:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any chance you could get me a Coke IV? I go through a 12-pack every 2 days.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:45:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I did,after it screwed my stomach up.Now,the only time i drink any soda,is in a mixed drink.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:52:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I kicked Mountain Dew....had to switch to crystal meth to make it happen, but I finally kicked the Dew.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any chance you could get me a Coke IV? I go through a 12-pack every 2 days.

Get the bag in the box syrup, run it from there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll tell you what the summer before i went to college i was only drinking two or three mountain dews a day.

The week i started college they only had Coke products on campus and I actully had the shakes because i could not get MT. Dew!

I shit you not!!! I don't know how much caffeine they put in that shit but i have never had another can since!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#22]
caffiene addiction can be tough, but go cold turkey, the headaches subside after3 days or so.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top