[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(5) "Deadly weapon" means:

(A) A firearm or anything manifestly designed, made or adapted for the purpose of inflicting death or serious bodily injury; or

(B) Anything that in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury;  

So airsoft ISN"T a deadly weapon....DUH!

Stupid Fuckin Liberal backassword Judges/Police

Stupid fucking poster, why don't you take an airsoft gun down to the mall and start running through it threatening to kill people and see what happens.  

In most states, all the victim needs to have is a perception that a weapon is real or even there for it to be armed robbery, or a shooter needs to perceive that he is being threatened with a deadly weapon to respond with deadly force.  In other words any object that can kill somebody being used to hurt or kill somebody is a "deadly weapon" for legal purposes, and in many states any object perceived by a victim as a real weapon might meet the statutes to be considered a "deadly weapon".

And how many times have you seen the bloviators here proudly proclaim that if a paintballer started shooting at them they would respond with deadly force?  Is a paint ball gun more or less deadly than airsoft?

Why don't you tell us how an airsoft meets the definition of a deadly weapon as posted?

...or serious bodily injury

Eye injuries.

Have you ever shot a $15 flea market airsoft gun ? My son has a couple and the chances of them taking an eye out are remote at best. Not powerful at all, unlike the more expensive airsoft guns that those guys use in their wargame events and things like that.  

I agree. Those guns are pretty weak. Sounds like a couple kids playing and the lady overreacted. The kids should NOT have been arrested although they should have been warned to be more carefull.
If they were attempting to rob people, then I can see them being arrested but it sounds like just kids shooting each other. I know many kids that do this and to arrest them for this is stupid. I used to play BB gun wars when I was a kid and they were far more powerfull than the airsoft guns in the picture.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(A) A firearm or anything manifestly designed, made or adapted for the purpose of inflicting death or serious bodily injury; or

(B) Anything that in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury;  

Stupid fucking poster, why don't you take an airsoft gun down to the mall and start running through it threatening to kill people and see what happens.  They weren't

In most states, all the victim needs to have is a perception that a weapon is real or even there for it to be armed robbery, or a shooter needs to perceive that he is being threatened with a deadly weapon to respond with deadly force.  In other words any object that can kill somebody being used to hurt or kill somebody is a "deadly weapon" for legal purposes, and in many states any object perceived by a victim as a real weapon might meet the statutes to be considered a "deadly weapon". No victim, kids were playing

And how many times have you seen the bloviators here proudly proclaim that if a paintballer started shooting at them they would respond with deadly force?  Is a paint ball gun more or less deadly than airsoft? neither are deadly they are only doing about 300-350 FPS

read what happened instead of running of at the mouth about something that has NOTHING to do with the current discussion

so you don't have the balls to do it?  obviously nobody would take offense, you're just playing.  Asswipe.  

What part of it depends on which state you are talking about, also what kind of airsoft you are talking about.  Some of the higher air powered guns are more than capable of putting a plastic bb through a temple.  In some states if people have a reasonable belief that something is a deadly weapon and it is being used in the commission of a crime, it can be considered a deadly weapon.  Is that concept beyond YOU?  You don't understand that different states have different laws?  And what makes the difference between levels of a crime.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stupid fucking poster, why don't you take an airsoft gun down to the mall and start running through it threatening to kill people and see what happens.  They weren't

In most states, all the victim needs to have is a perception that a weapon is real or even there for it to be armed robbery, or a shooter needs to perceive that he is being threatened with a deadly weapon to respond with deadly force.  In other words any object that can kill somebody being used to hurt or kill somebody is a "deadly weapon" for legal purposes, and in many states any object perceived by a victim as a real weapon might meet the statutes to be considered a "deadly weapon". No victim, kids were playing

And how many times have you seen the bloviators here proudly proclaim that if a paintballer started shooting at them they would respond with deadly force?  Is a paint ball gun more or less deadly than airsoft? neither are deadly they are only doing about 300-350 FPS

read what happened instead of running of at the mouth about something that has NOTHING to do with the current discussion

so you don't have the balls to do it?  obviously nobody would take offense, you're just playing.  Asswipe.  

What part of it depends on which state you are talking about, also what kind of airsoft you are talking about.  Some of the higher air powered guns are more than capable of putting a plastic bb through a temple.  In some states if people have a reasonable belief that something is a deadly weapon and it is being used in the commission of a crime, it can be considered a deadly weapon.  Is that concept beyond YOU?  You don't understand that different states have different laws?  And what makes the difference between levels of a crime.  

Under OTHER circumstances maybe, READ the FUCKING article. Two kids were PLAYING NOTHING MORE, they were identified by the caller as BB guns no one was HURT. I DONT care about OTHER circumstances, just the ONE being discussed PRESENTLY. Go back to where ever the hell you came from and stop shitting on threads. I FULLY understand that even a toy used in the commision of a crime that is percieved to be real can get the perp additional charges BUT NONE of that applies HERE.

I think it is you who are having a problem grasping the CONCEPT of the CURRENT discussion.

If you have an axe to grind with me for whatever reason, FINE so be it, Im no longer gonna waste ANY of my time arguing with someone who isnt capable of reading what happened or understanding the scope of said argument.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF..  remember when you were a kid, and u had those toy guns that shot those little disks?

imagine getting charged with  reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon for playing with that.. no difrance..

Yeah, but when I was a kid, that was commonplace.  It was NOT commonplace that kids brought real guns to school and blew people away.  IMO, Airsoft guns are more dangerous than real guns.  A kid pulls an airsoft gun on me or a cop and he might get shot real quick...

A kid would have to be pretty damn stupid to pull anything remotely gun-like or resembling a weapon on a cop ot on random people.  I think the big question with why kids bring guns to school is to ask why are they doing this ?  What's different now than before ?  I think it's pretty immature to simply conclude that school shooters are "insane", if we as a society wish to solve that problem, we need to understand what drives a person to do that and eliminate the root cause.  Same reason why gun control isn't the answer.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF..  remember when you were a kid, and u had those toy guns that shot those little disks?

imagine getting charged with  reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon for playing with that.. no difrance..

Yeah, but when I was a kid, that was commonplace.  It was NOT commonplace that kids brought real guns to school and blew people away.  IMO, Airsoft guns are more dangerous than real guns.  A kid pulls an airsoft gun on me or a cop and he might get shot real quick...

A kid would have to be pretty damn stupid to pull anything remotely gun-like or resembling a weapon on a cop ot on random people.  I think the big question with why kids bring guns to school is to ask why are they doing this ?  What's different now than before ?  I think it's pretty immature to simply conclude that school shooters are "insane", if we as a society wish to solve that problem, we need to understand what drives a person to do that and eliminate the root cause.  Same reason why gun control isn't the answer.  

Teach the kids proper rules of safety and that they apply to ALL GUNS and we don't have a problem.  That being said, my friends and I ran around in full battle gear as kids with real looking guns and we pointed them at each other.  I still think times are different now...

FWIW, I am not a DU Troll though I have been accused of being one because of this post!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#6]
This is almost as bad as when some old bitch called the cops on me and my best friend for building a fort out of old lumber in the empty field behind our house. Claimed we were "smoking pot, cutting fences, and letting bulls run loose in the street", all of which is obviously retarded. Then she threatened to shoot us if she saw us there again. Then our dads said that if anything of the sort happened, they'd break her legs, set the house on fire, and let her drag her flaming ass out on her own. She screeched at the cop to have them arrested for threatening her; he replied, "if I get any reports of kids getting shot and your house on fire, I'm taking my sweet time comng down to see if your ass was put out. Now get back in the house and quit playing with the phone, you old bat."

The cop instantly became our hero and every night for a month we snuck down to her house and pissed on her front porch as revenge. C'mon, twelve year olds are twelve year olds.

This is just ridiculous though. Two kids playing airsoft and they get charged with reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon? I thought it was fricking stupid when some dumb woman pulled her car over to screech at us when we were playing with our airsoft.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Stupid fucking poster, why don't you take an airsoft gun down to the mall and start running through it threatening to kill people and see what happens.  

In most states, all the victim needs to have is a perception that a weapon is real or even there for it to be armed robbery, or a shooter needs to perceive that he is being threatened with a deadly weapon to respond with deadly force.  In other words any object that can kill somebody being used to hurt or kill somebody is a "deadly weapon" for legal purposes, and in many states any object perceived by a victim as a real weapon might meet the statutes to be considered a "deadly weapon".

And how many times have you seen the bloviators here proudly proclaim that if a paintballer started shooting at them they would respond with deadly force?  Is a paint ball gun more or less deadly than airsoft?

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The story on the cop/complainant side just isn't coherent.

My law may be rusty, but to demonstrate felonious assault would seem to require that the boys were using their airsoft guns to deliberately menace the woman in some way. A toy gun CAN be a deadly weapon if it is used in such a manner as to convince the person being threatened that it is real.

Seeing as how they were using toys and that the toys were not used by the boys in a deliberately threatening manner by any objective standard, I don't think there is any grounds for such charges to stand up in court.

Now if they had kicked in her door and threatened her with realistic looking toy guns, we might have a case here. But with the facts presented I don't see why the officer made the arrest in the first place. It seems like a hysterical overreaction by a woman and that ought to have been the assesment of the officer on scene.

Ten bucks says that this isn't the first time the woman has called the cops on something silly.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What "might" happen if a kid pulls a real gun on you or a cop? If you were going to be hogtied and put in a cage with a drunken chimpanzee who would have in his hands either a loaded Beretta 92 or a loaded Airsoft copy of a Beretta 92, which would you prefer, and why?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:36:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you were going to be hogtied and put in a cage with a drunken chimpanzee who would have in his hands either a loaded Beretta 92 or a loaded Airsoft copy of a Beretta 92, which would you prefer, and why?

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#12]
ban fun!! do it for the children!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds to me like the problem here is that telling kids to be more careful and not to bother the old lady doesn't bring in any revenue.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Aw, Jeez.....what's next? "OH, MY GOD THOSE EAGLE SCOUTS ARE PLAYING MUMBLYPEG...THEY HAVE A POCKET KNIFE!!! STOP THEM QUICK!! THEY MAY HURT EACH OTHER!! GOD.. ITS A DEADLY WEAPON!!"

We have lost all reason in this nation! Using the same logic, you could be busted for playing catch with a knotted up dry cleaners bag....it has a warning of 'serious injury or death' printed on it! I saw you throw it at him! Police zealotry. I'd like to believe the cop who made this bust is an exception, but after reading this thread....I ain't sure anymore!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a difference between kids playing in the neighborhood and someone trying to rob you with one.  Put your 'I'mma gonna shoots me some fools wit dem ar-softs" attitude away for second.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm really surprised to see so many people defending this charge.  What next.  Are we going to lock up 4-8 year olds for their felony use of rubber band guns?  I mean a rubber band can maybe injure an eye so obviously they meet the standard!  Book 'em Danno.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top