Any ideas on what it is?
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
cover of book they were discussing:

iceknightconsulting.com/lost1.jpg

iceknightconsulting.com/lost2.jpg

Any ideas on what it is?

In before someone photochops Anne Coulter's new book in there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Any ideas on what it is?

I dont know but out in the courtyard she had a Stephan King book in her arms.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you though there were a lot of comercials last year, just wait for this episode.. It was like only 25min of actual show.

I dunno, i didnt really like tonights, hopefully next week is better.

Actually 43 min 09 sec
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 6:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
WOW just WOW that female in the beginning is hot!

Elizabeth Mitchell

Link Posted: 10/5/2006 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#6]

- Season is split into 6 Episode followed by 16
- Strong hints about Libby's past being told
- Season Premiere on October 4th
- The captivity story [with Jack, Kate and Sawyer] will definitely be addressed in the Premiere
- Announcment next week on the 3 new Roles
- This season we will learn a lot more about the Others, their society and their history.
- There will be several new romances on the show this year
- Locke will be a very different person in Season 3
- Penny will be an important character for Season 3
- The interrelationship between the outside world and the island will be something that will be a part of Season 3.
- The monster and the polar bear will be back in Season 3
- The smoke creature and the monster are one and the Same
- Are Walt and Michael gone forever? Not necessarily

Lost Answers

Not my site, just reading it now to get some answers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Any ideas on what it is?

I believe it is Stephen King's Carrie:

Link Posted: 10/5/2006 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I was rewatching some of Season 2 before watching last night.  Knowing now that "Henry Gale" is one of the Others, I was particularly interested in what he was saying.

There was one scene after he is outed by Sayid (when he brings back the Drivers' License) where Gale says he can't tell because the guy he works for is a genius but would kill him.  [He also tells Locke that his mission -- when he got caught by Rousseau -- was to find Locke and bring him back].

I am wondering if "Henry Gale" (Ben) is really the leader of the Others, or if he, in turn, reports to somebody off island.

What do you guys think?  

And do you think he was making it up that he was coming to find Locke in order to feed the seeds of doubt in Locke to not push the button?

Edit:

Quoted:

- Penny will be an important character for Season 3
Lost Answers

Who the f**k is Penny?  Nevermind, I looked it up, she is Desmond's wife/SO.

photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5882/2583/1600/desmondphoto.jpg
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any ideas on what it is?

www.fantasfilm.com/image/d-stephenking-carrie.jpg

I agree with that.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#11]
The 'info' on Jack, does anyone else think they 'persuaded' Kate to tell them Jack's(and everyones) background to break him? Seeing her bloodied wrists and all.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any ideas on what it is?

www.fantasfilm.com/image/d-stephenking-carrie.jpg

I agree with that.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Yep. SHe had a Stephen King book in her arms in the courtyard as the plane was crashing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I feel asleep once Jack got knocked out by a woman.

The plane crash was cool, the "The next two weeks are going to be difficult" was cool.

Other than that, I could have watched some Martha Stewart reruns and have been entertained just the same way.

Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#15]
When they gonna grow a set of balls and have a lord of the rings battle between the others and the losts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#16]
So far it was pretty decent.  Commercials were crap.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So far it was pretty decent.  Commercials were crap.  

The one for Career Builder was funny as heck!  The monkey in a suit being the boss and coming in when the guy was pissing.  Standing right next to him, laughing at him and making monkey noises and the guy saying, yes sir.  A raise sir that’s great, but sir, that’s less than what I make now. Then the “boss” smacks him on the ass and runs out of the bathroom.

I was rolling.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought that one was good!

But I haven't not liked one episode yet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The 'info' on Jack, does anyone else think they 'persuaded' Kate to tell them Jack's(and everyones) background to break him? Seeing her bloodied wrists and all.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I think that could be the case.  I don't know if all the information that Juliet had was revealed to Kate though.  I read somewhere else that the '2 difficult weeks' might be over by the time they put Kate back in the cage opposite from Sawyer.  Since her wrists were already beat up.  In that time, they could have gotten a lot of information out of her.  Difficult to tell how much time has passed since there are no time frame of reference.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#21]
still confused here
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I think that could be the case.  I don't know if all the information that Juliet had was revealed to Kate though.  I read somewhere else that the '2 difficult weeks' might be over by the time they put Kate back in the cage opposite from Sawyer.  Since her wrists were already beat up.  In that time, they could have gotten a lot of information out of her.  Difficult to tell how much time has passed since there are no time frame of reference.

It wasn't too long since Sawyer had just gotten the mechaism worked out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#23]
At least we know where they kept the Dharma Initiative sharks. Remember way back in season 2's pemiere when the raft people came accross a shark, you could make out the Dharma Initiative logo on the shark. And we know the polar bears are not necessariliy indiginous, now that we see they were caged. Maybe when they had a breakdown in the Initiative, all the animals were released/escaped. Jurrasic Prk style.

What all this means is still unanswered. We are about as clueless as Jack, Sawyer, and Kate.

Looking forward to next week and the return of the other Lost people.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Are you sure it didn't take him 2 weeks to figure it out?
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
At least we know where they kept the Dharma Initiative sharks. Remember way back in season 2's pemiere when the raft people came accross a shark, you could make out the Dharma Initiative logo on the shark. And we know the polar bears are not necessariliy indiginous, now that we see they were caged. Maybe when they had a breakdown in the Initiative, all the animals were released/escaped. Jurrasic Prk style.

What all this means is still unanswered. We are about as clueless as Jack, Sawyer, and Kate.

Update 6th Sept: Initially there was controversy about the DHARMA logo on the shark's tail. It was rumoured to have been put on the shark by the graphical department without sanction from the production team. However the production team have confirmed that the appearance of the logo on The Shark was in fact intentional.This has been confirmed on the Season 2 DVD Bonus Feature

This was just a post production joke, it was later removed from the footage and in the repeats was not shown.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Wasn't as good as I hoped. The commercials just killed the whole show for me. Maybe next week will be better.
Link Posted: 10/5/2006 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, the commercials. My wife had made mention like 3 times on how many there were...I think that why I fell aslee..that and whole boring Jack saga...
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Didn't the guy say it only took the bears two hours to figure out the fish biscuit machine.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Didn't the guy say it only took the bears two hours to figure out the fish biscuit machine.

Would that be the mysterious polar bears from the very first season??
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 4:28:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He didn't say...que spooky music.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/6/2006 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Presumably so.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Since there was a button labelled "communicate" in the tank, I would think dolphins were being kept in the tank, not sharks...though teaching sharks to communicate would be a pretty impressive achievement!

What was the logo for the "others" Darhma base? Looks like it was oriented to testing animals.

More importantly, where'd all the M-14's go?
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Seems like a good start so far. I've given up trying to decipher what every little widget or symbol may mean. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride for now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since there was a button labelled "communicate" in the tank, I would think dolphins were being kept in the tank, not sharks...though teaching sharks to communicate would be a pretty impressive achievement!

What was the logo for the "others" Darhma base? Looks like it was oriented to testing animals.

More importantly, where'd all the M-14's go?

If you looked closely, you could tell they were M1As with the Kali/Hawii legal muzzle breaks instead of the flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#35]

I just got around to watching the new episode, and I'm officially done watching that show.

I thought it was really promising the first season, but then totally fell apart in the second season, so I was really curious about this episode and what direction it would take - and I didn't think this episode was engaging or clever enough to keep my interest.

A great idea, but the writers killed it as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I just got around to watching the new episode, and I'm officially done watching that show.

I thought it was really promising the first season, but then totally fell apart in the second season, so I was really curious about this episode and what direction it would take - and I didn't think this episode was engaging or clever enough to keep my interest.

A great idea, but the writers killed it as far as I am concerned.

I'm hoping Season 2 was a classic sophmore slump and that the writers are able to recover and turn it around with Season 3.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If you looked closely, you could tell they were M1As with the Kali/Hawii legal muzzle breaks instead of the flash hider.

I am part of the growing movement that refuses to call every civillian-made M-14 an "M-1A", regardless of who made it.

My CA-legal Armscorp M-14 type rifle is clearly marked M-14 NM! NOT M-1A! So what if it is not full-auto!?!

That is just Sprinfeild Armory propoganda...WFT is an "M-1A" anyway? Doesn't even make sense. Bastards. I refuse to play their corporate games.

By the way it is spelled "muzzle brake"...because it minimizes or BRAKES recoil, you see? Not because you can bust up shit with it...
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am part of the growing movement that refuses to call every civillian-made M-14 an "M-1A", regardless of who made it.

My CA-legal Armscorp M-14 type rifle is clearly marked M-14 NM! NOT M-1A! So what if it is not full-auto!?!

That is just Sprinfeild Armory propoganda...WFT is an "M-1A" anyway? Doesn't even make sense. Bastards. I refuse to play their corporate games.

By the way it is spelled "muzzle brake"...because it minimizes or BRAKES recoil, you see? Not because you can bust up shit with it...

OK, I spelled it wrong, but I don't need to know how to spell it, if I buy an M1A, I get a flash hider, not some teh ghey muzzle break.

You are right, "WFT"(to quote you) is a M-1A? It's M1A, NO HYPHEN! "M1A" is a registered trademark of Springfield Armory, not "M-1A"

Civilian also has just one "L".

You missed a "G" in Springfield, and "i before e", bud

HAH! I can play immature games as well as you!

Link Posted: 10/9/2006 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#39]
"M1A"...that makes even less sense than M-1A, if possible...
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#40]
BIG BIG ERROR!

The original plane was a L-1011 which is a three engine plane, one on each wing and one in the tail section. Even the plane they shipped and chopped from Mojave to Hawaii for the show was a 1011. Yet in season three opener, it is a two engine plane like an Airbus 300. Very poor continuity. Since this weeks episode is using a model, one would think it would be easy to use the 1011.

Then again, there was that Eastern L-1011 that crashed in Florida in the 70's that supposedly the flight crew came back as ghosts on other 1011's to "guarantee" that no other 1011 would ever crash. Guess what, none has ever crashed since. Until LOST.

Oh yeah, there was a scene with a baby in a crib with Oceanic airplanes (1011's) circling over the baby's head in an earlier show.
Link Posted: 10/9/2006 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm almost done with this show also.  I can't imagine that all three of them are not demanding to know why the heck they are being held against their will.  Kate even willingly puts on the handcuffs without a question.  Jack asks the question, but Juliette walks off.  Later when she returns - he doesn't even call her on it.

The problem with this show is that none of the characters ever bother to communicate with one another.

And...  Just how many L-1011's are still flying today?

-Gator
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine is made from parts of assorted manufacturers. It's a "semi auto M14" to me.

Back on track: I enjoyed the first episode this season and am looking forward to the rest of the season.

It comes on tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/10/2006 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The problem with this show is that none of the characters ever bother to communicate with one another.

-Gator

Just like in real life
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Looking forward to tonite . . .  my guess is we are going to see what is going on back in the base camp and with Sayid/Sun/Jin on the sailboat.

BTW: How many guns are they down to now, now that Jack et al. have managed to have their weapons confiscated by the Others TWICE.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#45]
For those of you who hate the commercials, buy a Tivo! I bought my first Tivo a few years back and I love it. I let Tivo record the first 30 minutes of Lost then I start watching the show. When I get to the commercials I just hit fast forward.

I can watch a 1 hour show in about 45 minutes by fast forwarding through the commercials.

Of course, if Im busy I just let Tivo record the whole show and I watch it whenever I feel like it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#46]
T-Minus 9 Minutes!
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Pala Ferry.....

Pala is the island in Huxley's "Island"
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#48]
I didn't think she'd shoot the bitch
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

bang bang! i still don't know if they are Japanese or Korean?
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bang bang! i still don't know if they are Japanese or Korean?

Korean
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top