Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Now for the jugular: Why is it   that blacks dominate so many athletics?

As a former three sport athlete in high school and NCAA athletics (football, basketball, track and field), I say it is a two-part answer:

1. Genetics and/or physical traits. Blacks have different bodies than whites. The musculature is different and lends itself to better performance in sports. This could be a real long answer, but that about sums it up.

. . ..

Just curious, but does anyone know of any studies or data that back this up?

My guess is that there is a lack of data, since we all know what happens to researchers who study such topics.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
gamesniper:
The way it was explained to me was that not as many blacks (as compared to whites) have the chance to swim a great deal while growing up, thus they arent as proficient during the water phases of SF training.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
gamesniper:
The way it was explained to me was that not as many blacks (as compared to whites) have the chance to swim a great deal while growing up, thus they arent as proficient during the water phases of SF training.

Kharn

If you believe that one....

I grew up in a 100% Black neighborhood, and cant recall one single person in my hometown that didnt spend the entire summer at the city pool or the beach, etc.

Now if you want to talk scuba diving or snorkeling or wtf do you call that 8 man skinny rowboat racing deal, ok.

But swimming?

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Now for the jugular: Why is it   that blacks dominate so many athletics?

As a former three sport athlete in high school and NCAA athletics (football, basketball, track and field), I say it is a two-part answer:

1. Genetics and/or physical traits. Blacks have different bodies than whites. The musculature is different and lends itself to better performance in sports. This could be a real long answer, but that about sums it up.

2. Economics. Generally speaking, sports are a conduit for blacks to excel and escape. Many look at sports as a possible ticket to riches, a ticket out of a poor economic situation.

Anyone who's ever spent quality time competing with...and against blacks knows this stuff is true. Hell, half of them even told me so.

I thought we figured this out months ago. Blacks have an extra bone in their legs
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
USA sweeps the 400, Jeremy Wariner, a 20 year old Baylor student  wins the gold at the Olympics!

``I've never seen a white man run that fast,'' said Grenada's Alleyne Francique, who was supposed to be Wariner's biggest threat but finished fourth. ``It was a blazing race, man. The kid is good.''

"Wariner has become accustomed to the race issue, as a rare white man running sprints that traditionally have been dominated by blacks. "

Interesting comments. If a white guy had said that about a black guy it would be racism. But if a black guy says it, it is grudging admiration.  We live in interesting times.

His teammate, who happens to be black, thought he had it won until a few yards (meters) from the finish!

Watch the replay as Wariner passes him!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Junkies In The Morning on 99.1 WHFS here in Maryland had a pretty horrendous comment about that:
"Wouldnt you run that fast if you were being chased by 10 brothers?"
Some people need to learn to keep their pieholes shut when the mic is hot...

Kharn

Shall we riot?

It's called humor.

I guess you are a new listener?

Well they are idiots!

It could have been only 7 brutha's as there were only 8 lanes.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I do know when I was in, just like Adams numbers suggest, Blacks were the #1 demograph in Combat Arms.

After all, fighting is a good trade when you think you have to fight the man.

My numbers were for DISCOM HHC - about as Combat Service Support as you can get!  The lack of blacks in the Combat Arms is really quite alarming these days, relative to the support side.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I did notice one weird thing.  One of the American runners gave him a hug and the other just a handshake..where's the love?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I hear one more thing about minority rentention here at my state employer, instead of simply hiring the best man or woman for the job, I'm going to puke.

On a Seattle city project I asked if they "ever hire any White guys"....

The entire group was

Our local .gov is all White female hardcore lesbian types....

They didnt think it was funny me asking about minority hiring practices.  I think the truth hurts.

CavVet,
You weren't wearin' that 'White guy' wig were you?

I haven't read the whole thread but I would be surprised if no one has asked for pics yet!

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I live in MD and can't stand 99.1 anymore. It used to be all I listened to in the morning. Since the "junkies" came on, I stopped. They are so horrible, and as you said, don't think much about what they are saying.

I listen to AM 680 now for some conservative talk radio! No more of those anti-Bush libs on 99.1

WHAT THE FUCK OVER?

The Sports Junkies were the damn funniest thing on the radio when I lived in MD and they were on WJFK ('97-99 time frame).  

GREAT show.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, wtf do you call that 8 man skinny rowboat racing deal????

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Is it the Scull?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Racist fuck

Change the word "white" to "black" and see what happens.
CH

BULLSHIT!

SO WHAT if some Race-baiting American self-proclaimed "Black Activists" try to paint everything as a race issue?

The sprinter is question was from Grenada - and should not be blamed for out countries stupid race sensitivities.

It is WRONG when Farakhan, Jackson, etc. claim stuff is racist when it isn't - why do so many of you eagerly do the same thing when the shoe is in the other foot?

The sprinter made a simple observation.  Some of the reactions here remind me of some of the uber-PC lins I met in college that were afraid to mention someone's race.  I would, no shit, have conversations like this:

Lib: "Have you met Mark Smith"

Me: "No, I don't think so, describe him to me"

Lib:  "Well, he is about your height, short hair, always wears sunglasses, drives a Silver Mustang"

Me:  "Oh yeah, black dude, right?"

Lib:  "Yeah, I guess so"

Fucking people so PC that they have to pretend not to notice such a key ID feature!

Uh-oh.

I agree with Adam on something. What's this world coming to???
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Speaking of White Olympians from the US Pappas just pulled out of the Decathlon.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Time to delete this, it's gone too far.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#18]
What?

Where has it went?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Is it the Scull?

BigDozer66

Thats it! Thanks dozerman.......

Another thing learned on arfcom....

You just cant google 8 man skinny ass racing boat and get an answer.......
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Well, wtf do you call that 8 man skinny rowboat racing deal????

Rowing - Men's Eight Oars (medals: Aug. 22st)
Medal Athlete Country Result
Gold  United States 5:42.48
Silver  Netherlands  
Bronze  Australia  
• NBCO: Schedules, preliminary result and complete final  

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
gamesniper:

Kharn

If you believe that one....

I grew up in a 100% Black neighborhood, and cant recall one single person in my hometown that didnt spend the entire summer at the city pool or the beach, etc.

Now if you want to talk scuba diving or snorkeling or wtf do you call that 8 man skinny rowboat racing deal, ok.

But swimming?

I grew up right off Lake Michigan, and in a town with two public pools - and black swimmers were an anomaly - the running joke was that it the pools were naturally segregated - blacks in the shallow end (usually with big hair covers - this was, after all, the jeri-curl era ), whites in the deep end!  At the beach it was a little more intermixed.

We had swimming in high school PE class and all many of the loudest black guys would complain that swimming was "for white boys."

Maybe that was a midwest thing?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I like how when someone says "Blacks are generally, natually bigger/stronger" and people fall all over themselves trying to brand that person a racist. WHAT.... THE...F**K over?  Anybody who knows any black people would have to be blind to not see it.  Since I am into weighlifting/bodybuilding I am keenly aware of the difference (and it's not fair, dangit! ).  There are way more black guys who look like they work out, but don't, then white guys.  Now, if you take the strongest black guys compared to the strongest white guys, they will be fairly similar but as far as untrained "buffness" levels of the general population, the distribution is very different.  For every 1 black pencil neck geek there are 100 white pencil neck geeks.

As far as racism, why can't somebody comment on a white guy running fast?  It's the same as expressing surprise about a tall long limbed guy doing good at squats.  

Doesn't "racism" mean you don't like people from a certain race? We've come to the point that mentioning *anything* about race is "racism".  We're equating KKK shitheads of the past with guys who discuss general physical attributes of different races.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#23]
What a lot of you guys say is true, and I don't give a shit about what people think.  Black dudes ARE faster than whites.  No dispute there.  When is the last time a white dude won the 100 meters in the Olympics, or in ANY international competition??  Stockholm, Sweeden in 1932 or something like that??  And look at the NFL-the one position you MUST be fast to play-cornerback.  How many starting NFL corners are white Dudes?? One??  (Jason Sehorn)  When I arrived at my first day of college football camp, I checked in and the assistant coach asked what position I was playing, and I told him "Safety" and he laughed!!!  Only 2 of us "white dudes" made it through camp as DB's without getting cut.

I remember several years ago Jimmy the Greek (That fat lard-assed bastard on ABC Sports) said something about blacks being faster than whites, and everybody shit their pants, and he got fired.  But a few years later, TE Shannon Sharpe of the Denver Broncos commented on live televison that Ed McCaffery was fast FOR A WHITE GUY, and everybody laughed.  Blacks are allowed to do that shit, whites aren't.

One time we were getting ready to play the  University of Nevada-Reno, and we were going over the scouting report and one of the RB's they had was named "Lucious Floyd."  One of our Linebackers, A BLACK DUDE, said "Lucious-You know he's a Nigga!!!"  And we all laughed.  If a white player would have said that, you know what would have happened.  

So yes-blacks are fastrer than Whites, and Blacks are allowed to talk shit, but not Whites.  That's just the way it is.  And yes-Blacks do have endurance.  Look at all the distance runners from Africa.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#24]
When I was in my full-tilt playing days, I would travel just to play with blacks. Most white boys didn't take playing seriously enough. Not so with blacks. It was life and death to them, and that's what was cool, in addition to them generally being better athletes.

I loved playing against black guys. I think alot of them respected me for it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Scull is one man, crew is eight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#27]
All this racist talk has me pissed OFF!!!!!!

I think I'll burn my house down to show you how pissed I am.That will really show the Man!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#28]
This sounds like a job for
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Actually, scull is what you get from your wife on a long road trip!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top