Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Lesse.... "redneck" goes to Starbucks while making fun of people who go to Starbucks... ridicules bicycles  while bragging about stinky exhaust.  Makes sense. (heh)

Well. Yes.

Yes it does.

ETA - You burned you hoarded, well-guarded 30th post since August 2001 on lil' ol' me?

I'm flattered!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Outside are parked an eclectic mix of BIG SUV’s made in countries that lost WWII,

Huh?  Which BIG suv's are made in Germany or Japan?  Ford Excusion? nope.  Chevy Suburban? nope.  GM H2? Nope.  Nissans big new SUV? nope.  Was there a little whisky in your coffee?

Those fullsize lexus and toyotas ain't little and neither is that boxy Mercedes thingamajob.  Looks like an old Trooper.

Both Lexus and Acura SUVs are made in Canada.

Stay with me people!  Follow the money!  Ain't no damn Canucks named Toyota!  Who is gettin' PAID? That's what I'm sayin'.

That may be what you meant, but it's not what you wrote.  I apologize for assuming you actually wrote what you meant.

Good Lord!  When Steinbeck F. Scott Fitzgerald talked about the Green Light at the end of the dock in The Great Gatsby, was he talking about outdoor lighting or money?  Was the sign with the Big Eye just overbearing Optometric marketing? Or was it something more?

Did I mean what I wrote or was it a trap?

I knew what you meant anyway
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#3]
...and at an accounting department desk, somewhere in or near Seattle, a person of possibly ambiguous sexual identity and probable Democratic pursuasion just made computational note of the almost five dollars flung into the corporate coffers.  

Your Yergachaffe was noticed.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Outside are parked an eclectic mix of BIG SUV’s made in countries that lost WWII,

Huh?  Which BIG suv's are made in Germany or Japan?  Ford Excusion? nope.  Chevy Suburban? nope.  GM H2? Nope.  Nissans big new SUV? nope.  Was there a little whisky in your coffee?

Is picking apart a good story your talent. If so, you have none!

Good story? I saw a political and social rant based on flawed info. The automotive and service industry equal to "more thrust per squeeze."
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I knew what you meant anyway

LOL!  Thanks - In my post-traumatic Starbucks mode it's filed in my skull as F. Scott Hemingsteinwaybeck.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Good story? I saw a political and social rant based on flawed info. The automotive and service industry equal to "more thrust per squeeze."

What a putz.

It was HUMOR. Humor does not have to contain factual information to be funny.

Isn't there a dog somewhere you need to go shoot?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#9]
BayEagle = Dennis Miller.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I find your lack of faith in BayEagle's story disturbing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:41:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here is a perfect match to BayEagle's story!  Click here and watch "Small, Medium, Large" and "COFFEE HOUSE PROPAGANDA"  

edited to add profanity warning

BayEagle, great story.

Atvar, that is a classic link!!!!!  Kavorkian Scarf
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Great Story BayEagle. Very well written and very funny. I laughed out loud several times which causes my dog to look at me funny.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Great story Bay Eagle

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those fullsize lexus and toyotas ain't little and neither is that boxy Mercedes thingamajob.  Looks like an old Trooper.

Both Lexus and Acura SUVs are made in Canada.

Stay with me people!  Follow the money!  Ain't no damn Canucks named Toyota!  Who is gettin' PAID? That's what I'm sayin'.

That may be what you meant, but it's not what you wrote.  I apologize for assuming you actually wrote what you meant.

Good Lord!  When Steinbeck talked about the Green Light at the end of the dock in The Great Gatsby, was he talking about outdoor lighting or money?  Was the sign with the Big Eye just overbearing Optometric marketing? Or was it something more?

Did I mean what I wrote or was it a trap?

Oh, i thought this was a discussion board, not a bulliten board for short stories. again, excuse me for assuming you meant what you wrote. i didnt realize it was pretend story time.

gaahhhh

SUV challenged  people....

OK, all of these are sold in the US, all are full size SUVs, are nearly as big or bigger than a Chevy Tahoe, and all are built by countries who lost WW2!

Quit being so anal when you have no idea what you're talking about!

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
AR15FAN, you're a big dork.  Your stupid, pedantic argument just sullied what was otherwise the best post of the day.  Thanx, dickhead.

X 2!

Now THAT'S  almost as good as the original post!

BayEagle ... if you ever get up to Gainesville, I'll buy you one of those Ethiopian Whatchamacallits - but we'll get 'em from the drive-through window.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

OK, all of these are sold in the US, all are full size SUVs, are nearly as big or bigger than a Chevy Tahoe, and all are built by countries who lost WW2!

www.str8bloggin.com/archives/trinas-g500.jpg

www.arabadergisi.com/sv/toyota/Land100-03.jpg

www.knoxautoshow.com/2004/vehicles/2004%20Toyota%20Sequoia.jpg

www.carphotoalbums.com/photos/data/906/1104sequoia_001.jpg

www.wheel1.com/gallery/Armada02.jpg

www.motormagazinesha.co.jp/medialog/hotmenu/whatsnew/2002_01/020109/lexus.jpg

Chevy Tahoe is midsized.  Excursion and Suburban are full sized SUV's.  

Did California lose WW2? Becuase that's who builds most Toyota trucks.

Did France and Mexico lose ww2?  Nissan is a french owned company that builds most its vehicles in North America.  You sound like a disgruntled UAW autoworker drinking at the VFW post.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Did California lose WW2?

They may have, if your residency was some type of punitive action by the victors during reparations talks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I find your lack of faith in BayEagle's story disturbing.

We better watch out or this thread will be as long as Eric the Hun's Sinnin' thread.  Not sure we have the bandwidth for both these guys.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You sound like a disgruntled UAW autoworker drinking at the VFW post.

And you're sounding like someone who *should* have gotten laid last night.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did France and Mexico lose ww2?  Nissan is a french owned company that builds most its vehicles in North America.  You sound like a disgruntled UAW autoworker drinking at the VFW post.

AR15fan TIMMAH
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Great story, Bay Eagle!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Tag for a later read.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#22]
The Coup de Gras would have been a short monologue about your "concealed carry" into the Starbucks, or uttering a Haiku about the merits of cavitation wounds to the people standing in line.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Very funny  story.  Keep it coming

It's a shame you always get 1 or 2 assclowns trolling the thread looking for a fight over the most ridiculous stuff.  Some people need to work on their sense of humor.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chevy Tahoe — the Most Dependable Full-Size Sport Utility Vehicle according to J.D. Power and Associates

Mid Size? Right.  ^^ Thats off Chevy's website

California does not build most toyota trucks. The Drivetrains are almost completely made in Japan.

Toyota has a grand total of TWO factories in Cali.
Operations:
Stamping, body weld, paint, catalytic coating, catalytic converter assembly and steering column assembly
Thats all they do.             -Toyota's website....Try looking it up

Nissan maintains 2 assembly plants in Mexico:

Aguascalientes producing:

Nissan Sentra,

Tsuru and

Tsubame wagon

Cuernavaca producing

Lucino (2000X)

Tsuru

pick-ups

Nissan currently produces NO SUVs for the US market in Mexico.

Got anything factual to respond with?

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Now normally I go to a local Cuban bakery for my Cafe con Leche in the morning.  

NOTHING BEATS  CAFE CON LECHE!!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, I'm a Burkenstock wearing soccer mom from Patty Murray's district... I'm in a 12 step program for it though! [But I DON'T drive a minivan, and I'm a conservative...]

GREAT STORY!!

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Great story, BayEagle...BTW, which Starbucks did you visit???
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Add Canton, Miss and Tennesse to the list of WW2 "losers" since they build the Nissan Quest, Pathfinder Armada and Titan amoung others...  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Nissan maintains 2 assembly plants in Mexico:

Aguascalientes producing:

Nissan Sentra,

Tsuru and

Tsubame wagon

Cuernavaca producing

Lucino (2000X)

Tsuru

pick-ups

They also have plants in Tenn and Miss.  They are not building the SUV's you see at Starbuck's in Japan or Germany.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Toyota has a grand total of TWO factories in Cali.

Freemont, Ca
Long Beach, Ca

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:46:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is picking apart a good story your talent. If so, you have none!

He wasn't writing a Master's Thesis/scientific journal fer kristsakes!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Excellent writing.  Marvellous details. Exhillerating opening.  Grand Finale!  Friggin' yu\hi-ppies
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Check it; Foamy feels your pain:

Small, Medium and Large, DAMMIT
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The Coup de Gras would have been a short monologue about your "concealed carry" into the Starbucks, or uttering a Haiku about the merits of cavitation wounds to the people standing in line.

A Visit to Starbucks - Redux, The Director's Cut will include outakes from BayEagle discovering the "BE PREPARED - It's an Easy Way to Ease Your Mind" pamphlet on the counter.  (No shit, they have these at Starbucks.  It's surreal.)

This helpful brochure from Starbucks is in honor of "September - National Preparedness Month" and contains helpful tidbits such as a "Ready Kit Checklist".

Scenes which ended up on the cutting room floor may or may not include Bay showing the Patio Girls his "Ready Kit" (nudge-nudge).

Hilarity ensues as our intrepid right wing whacko unloads the BOB, truck gun(s), web gear and booby traps proximity alarms.

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
A Visit to Starbucks - Redux, The Director's Cut will include outakes from BayEagle discovering the "BE PREPARED - It's an Easy Way to Ease Your Mind" pamphlet on the counter.  (No shit, they have these at Starbucks.  It's surreal.)

This helpful brochure from Starbucks is in honor of "September - National Preparedness Month" and contains helpful tidbits such as a "Ready Kit Checklist".

Yeah, thats covered under "Coffeehouse Propaganda"
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#37]
"Girded my loins................." Now that's funny, I don't care who you are...that's funny!

Get her done boy!!!!

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scenes which ended up on the cutting room floor may or may not include Bay showing the Patio Girls his "Ready Kit" (nudge-nudge).

Hilarity ensues as our intrepid right wing whacko unloads the BOB, truck gun(s), web gear and booby traps proximity alarms.

Stay tuned.

Is there an alternate ending on the DVD version where you and the patio girls fight on the surface of Mars?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#40]
yeah yeah where are the pics of the MILFS???
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#42]
BayEagle, you're my hero.

You use yer tongue purtier than a $20 whore.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#43]
"Hunter Thompson does Starbucks" or "Fear and Lothing at Starbucks"  That was a very funny post . Do the book and send me a signed frist edition
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:37:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
[golf clap]---------[/golf clap]

here here

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
"Hunter Thompson does Starbucks" or "Fear and Lothing at Starbucks"  That was a very funny post . Do the book and send me a signed frist edition

Hahahaaaaaaaa.....................exactly what I thought. Fear and Loathing on the cafe trail.

Hunter would be proud.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:38:05 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Is there an alternate ending on the DVD version where you and the patio girls fight on the surface of Mars?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:42:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Fantastic. Can't believe I missed this post last week.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top