Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't even know what thread you were refering to until I clicked on the link someone provided. That was the only time I've even visited that thread, just long enough to get the title.

I pretty well agree with you Tex. Some of the guys around here would pretty much hit anything that wasn't nailed down. And most of the rest still would.

Hell, I'll be 44 in a couple of weeks. I met a rather cute gal a year ago. Peaked my intrest. Come to find out she's 23!! I really misfigured her age, probably because she has two sons, one 10 and the other 8. Hell, she's young enough to be my daughter! There's just no way I could start anything with her now. It just wouldn't be right.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I am far more tolerant of relationships between ADULTS, even if the age gap is wide.

Adults can decide for themselves, and are free to make decisions. As such, if I'm 44 and have a chance for a good relationship with a 23-year-old, then I'll likely go for it.

Lots of things to consider, of course; a whole generation's-worth of differences for one. But if that is overcome, then I'll not be the one to cast a stone.

Now, when it's something obvious like a 95-year-old billionaire marrying some 19-year-old tart, then I have issues...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#4]
My point is when your buddies back in highschool were talking and bragging about being with or getting with some of the girls; were you telling them that it was wrong and the girls were just children?
View Quote

i didnt go around preaching to them about it but no, it didn't sit well with me then either

IF THERES GRASS IN THE FIELD PLAY BALL!!!!
View Quote

and how old is your daughter, chester?

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
only one, only one!?!??!?  now you've insulted me!!!!

i would like to clarify one thing though, i had the problem with the kids in town that went around bragging about bagging some girl they didn't give a shit about...........if they were in a REAL relationship towards the end i didnt see much problem with that............
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IF THERES GRASS IN THE FIELD PLAY BALL!!!!
View Quote

Any adult who endorses having sex with a 13 year old in our society needs to be taken out back and shot like the sick little dog that they are.

There are shades of grey. Young teens having sex with peers is not a good thing, but it isn't the same type of victemization as adults having sex with children. The 19 year old sleeping with the 17 year old isn't the same thing as a 40 year old sleeping with a 13 year old. But any adult male who thinks it's alright to sleep with a 13 year old girl needs to be removed from society.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]by Sukebe[/b] [i]"Anyone who thinks it's O.K. for 13 and 14 year old kids to have sex of any kind is f*cked in the head"[/i]

f*cked in the head...or 13 or 14 years old
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
f*cked in the head...or 13 or 14 years old
View Quote

Same thing...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[center][red][size=1]*thump*[/size=1][/red][/center]

Anybody else here that noise?

The kids are going to do what they want.  The more bible thumping values pushed on them just pushes them farther from that set of values.

View Quote

So you’re telling me there's more bible thumping going on today then there was 50 years ago?? 100 years ago!?

Talk about having an OPINION. I heard if you keep telling yourself something over and over again, eventually you'll rationalize with yourself and believe it.

While this is something younger generations of people like to believe, it just isn't true.

BTW, before you call me oldschool in my ways, I'm 24 years old. I was raised with very liberal parents and my fiance parents are very liberal in their parenting as well.

THINGS NEEDS to come full circle if we want to have ANY hope for my generation and now my generations kids. Trust me.

TEX, I'm with you on this one. What makes my opinion alittle different is I'm coming from both ends of the spectrum(don't take this the wrong way, I'm assuming your an older guy).

I have friends that would be in question on this thread AND I am a parent myself at my young age.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#13]
TEX, I'm with you on this one. What makes my opinion alittle different is I'm coming from both ends of the spectrum(don't take this the wrong way, I'm assuming your an older guy).
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top