Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
$ on the way this morning for 1 in brass.
R2K
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Having had the painted zippos, I recommend against them.  Every one I have had has had the paint nick off within a few weeks.  If available in the satin steel finish, I will definitely buy a couple, otherwise probably 1.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Once we see the pics I am in for at least one in brass, probably go for one of each.

M
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll get one pending the pictures.  I haven't decided if I want the black or brass one.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
[s]Could we have a list of the paid up members (did you get my order+$ yet?) and the number/type of units requested?
Maybe in your first post of the thread?[/s]
Thanks.

edited: DUH. [B)] I found the little link.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi Ray,

I just paypal'ed for one lighter, brass finish.  Thanks for setting this up, I will be the envy of all the Cub Scout dads in our den.

Sincerely,

A non-smoking [pyro]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Money sent via PayPal for 1 Black Ice finish Zippo.

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#17]
PayPal sent for (1) Black Ice model.

Thanks Ray.

Guy
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Paypal sent for a brass one...

Keith
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm in for 2 one of each finish.  funds coming
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:27:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Are there any PICS available yet?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm waiting to see pics too. If I like what I see, I'll be buying one of each.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Any pics yet?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:03:35 AM EDT
[#27]
paypal sent
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Could you render the images onto some zippo images, kinda like I did for the watches? So we have an idea how they are positioned, etc.

I can't believe their art department is having so many problems doing this and taking so long to do it. I barely knew Adobe Illustrator and Sumo taught me a couple things, and the rest I picked up myself. Its not rocket science once you know the basics...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Money order for one each (black, brass) sent out this morning!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey Tattoo...sent paypal payment for one black zippo tonight...Thanks !!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Cheack in the mail for one of each.
How large is the order at this point?
NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:18:27 AM EDT
[#35]
I will be sending out a Money order for a black lighter tomorrow (better late than never) IM mail me if you need additional info. I will send mailing address and phone number with M.O. Thank you. john232
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm in. IM sent.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
zippo's version.  I like it but tattoo said he wanted a single rifle.  Probably look better with just 1
View Quote

Those M4's don't look right, plus the right-side rifle is wrong.. actually, they are both wrong. [b]I thought you used the line art that me & Sumo2000 had for the M4 on the watch?[/b] (Same M4 like the images freeride rendered for you)

They are NOT painted, right? they will be etched or engraved?

Looks like Zippo's art department needs to fire their designers if they have so many problems rendering a simple design. Taking simple instructions and coming up with something totally different... hmm.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I would tell them since they can't do something simple, correctly after a couple attempts, that they do not need our business.

I would offer refunds, and/or look into another style lighter. I have connections to do various custom lighters, including jet flames.

Let me know...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Maybe there was a simple miscommunication with the 2 drawings.  Lets not get our panties in a bunch just yet and ask for refunds and try to get another company.  I dont think tattoo wants this turning into a [red]nightmare like the watch deal where it took weeks for a final design to get chosen[/red].  It seems like you are jumping on him and causing unnecessary stress for him.  
I trust tattoo and feel he will make the right choice and get this project completed.  Lets cut him some slack so he can do this.
View Quote

Excuse me? Nightmare with the watches? Like its not taking weeks to get the design correct with Zippo...?

I wasn't jumping on him. Zippo does not have their act together, and he realizes that too.

The design didn't take weeks to be chosen-- it was done within a couple days of the original thread. (and parts of it were used for the complete Zippo design) The reason for taking weeks with the watches: rush something and you will get something you didn't quite want. The Fossil watch looked good in a picture online, but after evaluating the sample, I had to look elsewhere-- a good decision. You don't know how many catalogs and crap I had to go through to find this new model, which turned out for the better... It also took weeks because a lot of it was planning and information gathering.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
thanks hop
i dont want to get in to refunds rite now... I WILL MAKE IT RITE.
im sure i can get the rite thing on them its just a matter of ass chewing the higher you go the better porduct you get[:D]
thanks
rya
View Quote

tattoo,

sorry if I came off sounding like I was jumping on you... I guess its that kind of day for both of us.

I would be pissed at Zippo too, since they are not "on the ball"... Definately chew them out, take it up to a highe rlevel, maybe see if they will throw in a few extra lighters for your hassle, etc... that's nothing to them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I would tell them since they can't do something simple, correctly after a couple attempts, that they do not need our business.

I would offer refunds, and/or look into another style lighter. I have connections to do various custom lighters, including jet flames.

Let me know...
View Quote

Art work is simple to get right, it's the communication of the employees that is obviously the problem. I don't see the big deal about waiting until both sides are in agreement and then placing the order. No need to rush into this. That was tried already with you watch "deal", and look what happened.

You want tattoo to "offer refunds" & use your "connections" to get a custom lighter? These wouldn't be the same connections that you are using to purchase generic knock-off watches, for the super low price of $150+, would they? [rolleyes]

tattoo,
Take your time and get it right. There really is no need to rush, as there are no deadlines. Make sure they are clear on exactly what you want. I will be sending payment to you in the next day or so, just have to decide which one I want.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Actually the watch deal was only delayed because of the selection of the watch body, NOT the design.
We found that the Fossil did not match the quality criteria, and therefore searched for another watch.  And what do you mean by knock-off?  No one said it was a knock-off or a copy of any particular watch.  It looks similar to many other watches out there (O/W, Roles, etc - hell, you could call an O/W a Rolex knock-off too!).  It is a common watch design.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:52:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You want tattoo to "offer refunds" & use your "connections" to get a custom lighter? These wouldn't be the same connections that you are using to purchase generic knock-off watches, for the super low price of $150+, would they?
View Quote

Energizer is just trying to help.  There's no need to act like an asshole.

I'm in on both deals.  I for one am glad we ended up with the current watch design.  It looks great.  When all is said and done, I'll have my AR15.com lighter and watch to go with my AR15.com shirts and license plate frame.

[i]EDITED because I got some folks mixed up...sorry Energizer[/i]

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:13:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Art work is simple to get right, it's the communication of the employees that is obviously the problem. I don't see the big deal about waiting until both sides are in agreement and then placing the order. No need to rush into this. [red]That was tried already with you watch "deal", and look what happened.[/red]
View Quote

Exactly, no need to rush into this, yet you and some others tried to get me to rush the decision on the watches... riiight.

As for the portion of your message colored in red, WTF are you talking about? So far, nothing like this happened with the watch deal. Your attitude on the watches has been negative all along, why should anybody listen to you? I never took orders for the Fossils, since I told everyone I planned on evaluating the watch before I would post payment information (look at my posts-- they confirm that), so I never had to give refunds. Get your facts straight [b]asshole[/b].

You want tattoo to "offer refunds" & use your "connections" to get a custom lighter?
View Quote

No, in case his engraving shop does not have connections, while doing my research to find custom watches, I found several companies that do custom lighters too. Does it really matter? If tattoo wanted the list, I would send them to him.

These wouldn't be the same connections that you are using to purchase generic knock-off watches, for the super low price of $150+, would they? [rolleyes]
View Quote

Generic knock-off watches my ass. Again, get your facts straight. You are just upset because we couldn't find a watch that YOU liked and because you had no control in the decision.

tattoo,
Take your time and get it right. [red]There really is no need to rush, as there are no deadlines.[/red] Make sure they are clear on exactly what you want. I will be sending payment to you in the next day or so, just have to decide which one I want.
View Quote

Again, if you tell tatoo there is no need to rush this, then why the hell are you so upset about the watches, during my information-gathering quest?

STFU.

PS: Tatoo, sorry for the continuing with the temporary thread hi-jack. I wish you luck with Zippo.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top