Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The only way he's going to survive this if he can convince everyone that it actually wasn't him that wrote that.  I predict a staffer, webmaster or employee of the hosting company gets fired within the next 12 hours.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would have liked to been on the phone call from Remington to Zumbo. It is always charming to hear a VP of a large company scream WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! into the phone on a Sunday morning

edit I kind of agree that "Sorry I got my dick caught in the wringer" doesn't mean a lot to me.

His other blog entries have between 2 and nor more than 19 posts.

His assault rifle post is well over 2000.

Too funny.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I trust that everyone has loudly vented their opinions of that dumb sh$t on his blog.

outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow.  I have never seen a career crash and burn so fast.  

For better or for worse, behold the power of the internet.  

We run the internet.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's what he's going to say:

"Lately my addiction to prescription painkillers has been making me say and write things I really shouldn't. Tonight, for the sake of my life and my family, I am going to check in to a rehab clinic."

I got $10 on it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#6]
"I was for assault rifles, before I was against assault rifles"
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I still find it hard to believe he has only seen one person using an Ar15 like he said in the blog. Hell the last time I went to the range half the people were using them!

Bottom line- this dude stated his opinion and an apology now is just him trying to cover his ass and not lose everything he has. hell he suggested we not be allowed to hunt with them or carry them into the woods. He was all about "preserving" the fudd image and to hell with assualt rifle owners. This is not a gray area topic. He was very clear in his opinions and cannot act stupid now. I for one will not be supporting any of his sponsers with money until they publicly come out and say they are no longer supporting him.

There is no conversion factor in this- he doesnt want anythin to do with "black rifles".

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]
There is no " Im sorry" to this one, he attacks the type of rifle, type of person. He advocates the call for the devorce, and the challenge to the govt to ban everything about the two.

He really is the enemy, and anyone that accepts his "Im sorry" is a sucker.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
screw him, he isnt sorry, he jsut sorry that he screwed Remington and his credibility. he still thinks the ar15 should be banned, he hasnt changed his mind. screw outdoorlife and zumba
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]

I had to look up this Jim Zumbo (is that pronounced like Dumbo but with a Z).  I don't hunt so I never heard of him but apparently hunters think a great deal of him and his outdoor writing.

Oh well. I don't think my life would be diminished in any way if he never spoke or wrote about firearms again.

www.jimzumbo.com/biography.html

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
He said it and he meant it. I would accept no less than his resignation (from everything, espcially writing), followed by a public apology from him on his website (page 1), and a similar apology from Outdoorlife on their webpage, magazine, AND TV show (page 1).

And if Mr. Zumbo wants to throw himself in front of a train out of despair, so much the better.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I would have liked to been on the phone call from Remington to Zumbo. It is always charming to hear a VP of a large company scream WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! into the phone on a Sunday morning

edit I kind of agree that "Sorry I got my dick caught in the wringer" doesn't mean a lot to me.
ahahaha and you know it happened too, they are not dumb, im sure he got several WHAT THE FUCK!! calls today...ahahaha
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#14]
This fucker called me a terrorist.  Not someone who is  aligned with the far left, not an anti, but one of those who should be considered one of our own.  

He could have stated that he did not think that AR's were the best choice for hunting, he could have said that they were not something he would choose, but no, he had to label the gun as a terrorist gun and imply that owners of such guns are terrorists.  

"I'm sorry" isn't going to cover it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Time for photoshop fun with the Fudd.

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
He's sorry that he won't be getting anymore free dream hunts and free gear. He did it to himself the arrogant fuck.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

I used to like reading what he wrote in OL but in the past few years he has come across as a pompuss arse.  If you don't have the same out look on thngs as he does you are a lower lifeform.

His arrogance has made feel ill.  I quit watching his TV show on one of the outdoor channels and quit reading his articles.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck'm.  We're the ones with the Evil Black guns.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Here's what he's going to say:

"Lately my addiction to prescription painkillers has been making me say and write things I really shouldn't. Tonight, for the sake of my life and my family, I am going to check in to a rehab clinic."
Right after I deal with my latent sexual attraction to sea otters.

I will be curious to see how this turnip is going to apologize to millions of law abiding gun owners and the members of our armed services for calling them "terrorists".
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Damn he's getting hammered. I saw this one:

ALL - Jim Zumbo in NO WAY speaks for Remington! His opinions are his own. We at Remington take our 2nd Ammendment Rights extremely seriously and ourselves market and manufacturer a AR based 308 rifle. Remington Arms supports the lawful use of all firearms by thier owners in whatever legal manner they choose. We at Remington feel that it is the diversity of our tastes and uses of fireaems that should also be the binding element that assists us all in defending the rights granted to us by our fore fathers.

Rest assured that remington not only does not support jim's view, we totally disagree! I have no explaination for his perspective.

I proudly own AR's and support everyones right to do so!

What makes me sick is how quickly people on the internet have called to boycott Remington. All Jim said was he was hunting with our people! This is normal course in our industry. How else do people think we field test? with writers.

Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars to defend your rights and how quickly the thanks is threat and boycott! Please feel Free to post that remington does not agree with Zumbo in any way shape or form and we will assess our relationship with him accordingly.

Tommy Millner
CEO and President

remington needs to come clean on there website, I have a feeling that zumba and the guys he was with that day did discuss the ar15 and its sporting purpose, they just cant deny that they didnt, ZUmba made it clear he came to this conlusion AFTER his day spent with the gentlemen at remington.  If they want to deny this then make a statement on the Remington website not Zumbas blog or outdoorlifes site. they need to take a stand
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just got off the phone with him . He addmited he put his foot in his mouth  .

Check the BLOG in 2 hours  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you possibly IM me his phone number, or contact me and I will give you my phone number for that communist piece of shit to call me, please
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Nothing will be good enough.

He's a domestic enemy.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#22]
He said what is in his heart in that blog/article.

There is no retraction possible and no apology acceptable.

Even the Fudds should shun him.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#23]
His appology is up, and it is unimpressive
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#24]
simply put

the guy shit in his mess-kit
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#25]
The apology is up!

It's not much more than a lame CYA attempt.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Zumbo's career is fucked plain and simple.  He's not dead, but he will be severely wounded financially.

In the Internet world, if you say stupid shit the entire world will know in a matter of minutes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#27]
He deserves to have his ass handed to him. By labeling the AR as a terrorist weapon, he is implying that those that have them are terrorists. The last time I checked, this weapon was the standard weapon of our brave men, and women in the armed forces. I suppose that Zumbo fuckstick considers them terrorists too. Perhaps he should try out for a writing job at HCI. They get off on his style of bullshit propaganda, and truth twisting.
Fuck him, and fuck ALL of his sponsers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn he's getting hammered. I saw this one:

ALL - Jim Zumbo in NO WAY speaks for Remington! His opinions are his own. We at Remington take our 2nd Ammendment Rights extremely seriously and ourselves market and manufacturer a AR based 308 rifle. Remington Arms supports the lawful use of all firearms by thier owners in whatever legal manner they choose. We at Remington feel that it is the diversity of our tastes and uses of fireaems that should also be the binding element that assists us all in defending the rights granted to us by our fore fathers.

Rest assured that remington not only does not support jim's view, we totally disagree! I have no explaination for his perspective.

I proudly own AR's and support everyones right to do so!

What makes me sick is how quickly people on the internet have called to boycott Remington. All Jim said was he was hunting with our people! This is normal course in our industry. How else do people think we field test? with writers.

Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars to defend your rights and how quickly the thanks is threat and boycott! Please feel Free to post that remington does not agree with Zumbo in any way shape or form and we will assess our relationship with him accordingly.

Tommy Millner
CEO and President

remington needs to come clean on there website, I have a feeling that zumba and the guys he was with that day did discuss the ar15 and its sporting purpose, they just cant deny that they didnt, ZUmba made it clear he came to this conlusion AFTER his day spent with the gentlemen at remington.  If they want to deny this then make a statement on the Remington website not Zumbas blog or outdoorlifes site. they need to take a stand

I read this on another forum as well...

Really, it's kind of offensive. They say they don't support his opinion and then basically attack us for "the thanks we give". FUCK YOU REMINGTON. The Thanks we give??? Remington should be thanking everyone threatening to boycott for using our freedom of speach and boycott to bring this to their attention and help them distance themselves from Zumbo.

I agree. Remington needs to take a stand NOW. They are the ones who can decide THE THANKS WE GIVE them. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#29]
ON NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Hypocritical snake

I was wrong, BIG TIME

Someone once said that to err is human. I just erred, and made without question, the biggest blunder in my 42 years of writing hunting articles.

My blog inflamed legions of people I love most..... hunters and shooters. Obviously, when I wrote that blog, I activated my mouth before engaging my brain.

Let me explain the circumstances surrounding that blog. I was hunting coyotes, and after the hunt was over and being beat up by 60 mph winds all day, I was discussing hunting with one of the young guides. I was tired and exhausted, and I should have gone to bed early. When the guide told me that there was a "huge" following of hunters who use AR 15's and similar weapons to hunt prairies dogs, I was amazed. At that point I wrote the blog, and never thought it through.

Now then, you might not believe what I have to say, but I hope you do. How is it that Zumbo, who has been hunting for more than 50 years, is totally ignorant about these types of guns. I don't know. I shot one once at a target last year, and thought it was cool, but I never considered using one for hunting. I had absolutely no idea how vast the numbers of folks are who use them.

I never intended to be devisive, and I certainly believe in United we Stand, Divided we Fall. I've been an NRA member for 40 years, have attended 8 national NRA conventions in the last 10 years, and I'm an advisory board member for the United States Sportsmen's Alliance which actively fights anti-hunters and animal rights groups for hunter's rights.

What really bothers me are some of the unpatriotic comments leveled at me. I fly the flag 365 days a year in my front yard. Last year, through an essay contest, I hosted a soldier wounded in Iraq to a free hunt in Botswana. This year, through another essay contest, I'm taking two more soldiers on a free moose and elk hunt.

When I started blogging, I was told to write my thoughts, expressing my own opinion. The offensive blog I wrote was MY opinion, and no one else's. None of the companies that I deal with share that opinion, nor were they aware of what I had written until this firestorm started.  

Believe it or not, I'm your best friend if you're a hunter or shooter, though it might not seem that way. I simply screwed up.   And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Could you possibly IM me his phone number, or contact me and I will give you my phone number for that communist piece of shit to call me, please

you could probably get a hold of him from the number on his site:
http://www.jimzumbo.com/order.html
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#33]

And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth.  

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, pending a report of his hunting trip with the AR.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone have feedback links to his sponsors?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#35]

I shot one once at a target last year

well, its a little late to be makin up excuses ain't it mr. mumbo!

Wow, simply Wow, how can you be so 'out of touch' as a so-called gunner?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't own a bolt gun. Yet. I am in possession of a friends Remington 710. The gun shoots straight enough, but some of the parts are so soft I would swear they aren't even made of steel. The bolt stop is already worn to the point where the bolt pulls right out if you cycle it firmly.

I understand that the 700 is much better rifle than the 710, but that won't matter when I go to the gun shop for a bolt gun. Unless Remington takes ACTION against Zumbo, my first tack driver will be a Savage.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's my comment:

You know you wouldn't have retracted your earlier comments if it weren't for the members of AR15.com and other boards flaming you for your comments. I bet if you only had the usual 20-30 responses to your blog entries instead of 2000+, you wouldn't be writing this "apology".

Therefore, I surmise that you're only saying this as an attempt to save face. Too late.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#39]
He mentions the NRA several times but lets not forget by the NRA's own mouth even they support the NFA.

He mentions helping a wounded soldier (who uses one of these terrorist weapons) so I guess he thinks the US Mil is using terrorist weapons too.

He still goes on to say he has no idea so many people use AR15's but he also says he's been writing for 50 years. Ok where in the fuck has he been? The AR/M16 has been around for almost as long and he still has no idea how many people use/own them? Come the fuck on. His original blog was very clear and this latest shit hardly makes a dent at what he said. He clearly said he wants sportsmen to be seen in a different light as these assualt weapons, he clearly said it should be illegal to hunt with one or take on into the woods, and he clearly said they are the weapons of terrorists. There is no getting around this guys.

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I won't support any of his sponsors until they drop his stupid ass.  This guy does not belong writing for a supposedly firearms friendly magazine.

Which sucks because I like alot of the products from those companies.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth.  

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, pending a report of his hunting trip with the AR.

I wont because his original post stated we were terrorists...now in my mind to be labeled something I am not especially with current world events...it left me angry and ashamed for him....he erred but his apology sounds like a tap dance and not sincere at all....
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#42]
His talk of going out with Ted Nugent reminds me of the things Mel Gibson and Michael Richards were saying after they stuck their feet in their mouths.

They are all sorry...  Sorry that their own words made them look stupid, not about what they said.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#43]
THAT IS AN APOLOGY????!!!!!  

He is a piece of shit.  Remington will fire him guaranteed.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#44]
"As of today, I will be leaving Outdoor Life to serve as Mitt Romney's press secretary..."

Any bets?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I say we shitstorm his blog every entry until he gets fired or leaves.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I said it before, and I'll say it agian:
Fuck Zumbo.
It's guarenteed that the Brady Bunch has screenshots and http archives of that page, and will use them over, and over, and over.

It's time to use Zumbo to send a message to everyone else. Shoot your yap of in public, in a way that may harm us, you are a pariah. No mulligans, no redos, no I'm sorries.

He's hurt us, significantly, with a page of drivel, that the anti's will use against us for years to come. He needs to pay the price for biting the hand that feeds him.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#47]
fuck him he meant what he said
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Heres what I wrote on his apology blog.

Apology NOT Accepted.
Your blog will be used by the Brady Crowd to show that a "gun expert" opposes AR15's and "assault rifles". You have done irreparable harm to the 2nd Ammendment and have no business writing for firearms publications.
I have canceled my subscription and will no longer patronize any advertisers in Outdoor Life as long as you are employed by this magazine.
I am encouraging everyone I know to follow suit.
You have labeled law abiding citizens of The United States of America as "TERRORISTS".
You are an idiot and I am ashamed that you consider yourself an American. Your views as published contradict everything that our Founding Fathers established. You are a disgrace to our sport, a disgrace to your magazine and a disgrace as an American.
Apology NOT ACCEPTED!
Again, I will not patronize a single sponsor of this magazine as long as you are in their employ. Should you go write for any other publication, I will not patronize any of their sponsors either.
We have a voice, we can vote with our wallets. And my vote is to FLUSH ZUMBO THE DUMBO.
You are an idiot and a disgrace
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

They are all sorry...  Sorry that their own words made them look stupid, not about what they said.

Exactly. I don't believe it for a second.

I dare you to keep him on the payroll Remington. Double dog.

I guarantee that when we go to buy a bolt gun, that this incident and they way it is handled will determine whether myself and thousands of others will even consider a Remington product.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
here it is.

Someone once said that to err is human. I just erred, and made without question, the biggest blunder in my 42 years of writing hunting articles.

My blog inflamed legions of people I love most..... hunters and shooters. Obviously, when I wrote that blog, I activated my mouth before engaging my brain.

Let me explain the circumstances surrounding that blog. I was hunting coyotes, and after the hunt was over and being beat up by 60 mph winds all day, I was discussing hunting with one of the young guides. I was tired and exhausted, and I should have gone to bed early. When the guide told me that there was a "huge" following of hunters who use AR 15's and similar weapons to hunt prairies dogs, I was amazed. At that point I wrote the blog, and never thought it through.

Now then, you might not believe what I have to say, but I hope you do. How is it that Zumbo, who has been hunting for more than 50 years, is totally ignorant about these types of guns. I don't know. I shot one once at a target last year, and thought it was cool, but I never considered using one for hunting. I had absolutely no idea how vast the numbers of folks are who use them.

I never intended to be devisive, and I certainly believe in United we Stand, Divided we Fall. I've been an NRA member for 40 years, have attended 8 national NRA conventions in the last 10 years, and I'm an advisory board member for the United States Sportsmen's Alliance which actively fights anti-hunters and animal rights groups for hunter's rights.

What really bothers me are some of the unpatriotic comments leveled at me. I fly the flag 365 days a year in my front yard. Last year, through an essay contest, I hosted a soldier wounded in Iraq to a free hunt in Botswana. This year, through another essay contest, I'm taking two more soldiers on a free moose and elk hunt.

When I started blogging, I was told to write my thoughts, expressing my own opinion. The offensive blog I wrote was MY opinion, and no one else's. None of the companies that I deal with share that opinion, nor were they aware of what I had written until this firestorm started.    

Believe it or not, I'm your best friend if you're a hunter or shooter, though it might not seem that way. I simply screwed up.   And, to show that I'm sincere about this, I just talked to Ted Nugent, who everyone knows, and is a Board member of the NRA. Ted is extremely active with charities concerning our wounded military, and though he's known as a bowhunter, Ted has no problem with AR 15's and similar firearms. My sincerity stems from the fact that Ted and I are planning a hunt using AR 15's. I intend to learn all I can about them, and again, I'm sorry for inserting my foot in my mouth.  

Lame.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top