Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:31:10 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey guys it's not about what "we" like. It's what the womenz like

sit and enjoy your music and get no pie

listen to thier music and get some

My wife digs the good stuff. Metallica, Pantera, Slayer...

hell yeah
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PRIMUS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-HS

DUDE!!! HOW can you say that???!!! Primus most definetely does NOT suck...

- georgestrings

pssst.... when he says Primus sucks, he is saying he likes them... Listen to Blue Eyed Tweekers from Woodstock '94 and you will hear the crowd chanting it.. or you could hop into a time machine and go back and see it for yourself in concert.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I love this damn band. They do the same thing as Bon jovi does to the GF. Hell, put either on and I get "special" favors. As long as I keep playing it with her around i'll keep getting them "special" favors.

Edit: BTW Godsmack fer the WIN!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:02:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I find that they inject a lot of background noise into their music and it hurts my ears to listen to their songs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought they were okay early on - but now after this new release, and that sappy "Photograph" track which local radio is wearing out, makes me dislike them more and more.  If you replaced the guitar tracks with a twangy guitar track, this would be a number 1 country hit too...

My take: GROWING EVER LAMER BY THE WEEK (and perhaps they'll fall off the map like that crapband Creed did as well)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:52:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PRIMUS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-HS

DUDE!!! HOW can you say that???!!! Primus most definetely does NOT suck...

- georgestrings

I wanna get in on this too:

PRIMUS SUCKS

Only true fans know what this means...
Nice to see that there are other Claypool fans here.....

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:55:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I like them enough. Their first album is solid IMHO... but don't get into them thinking you're gonna be rocking out to anything but metal-lite.

*shrug*

I dig "Where do I hide" even though I don't really understand the lyrics. Not much TO understand, likely.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Chad Kroeger's hockey hair offends me .
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Chad Kroeger's 1980shockey hair offends me .

Fixed.

I'm a hockey fan and the guys nowadays aren't wearing mullets anymore.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I like em, especially their latest single.  I love songs with that speed and intensity that aren't metal.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I like Nickel Creek, and the girl is getting better looking all the time.

Naming a band after a phrase that indicates general dis-satisfaction, e.g. "I want my nickel back", well, at least they could have made it "dollahback".
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I thought they were okay early on - but now after this new release, and that sappy "Photograph" track which local radio is wearing out, makes me dislike them more and more.  If you replaced the guitar tracks with a twangy guitar track, this would be a number 1 country hit too...

My take: GROWING EVER LAMER BY THE WEEK (and perhaps they'll fall off the map like that crapband Creed did as well)

I wasn't a big Greed fan but I have practically worn out the Alter Bridge CD. That is some excellent music and the new lead singer has got some PIPES!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Naming a band after a phrase that indicates general dis-satisfaction, e.g. "I want my nickel back", well, at least they could have made it "dollahback".

You're assuming someone would pay a dollar to see them...  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Aren't they from Canada or something?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're assuming someone would pay a dollar to see them...  

This, from a guy that likes KISS?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#16]
too poppy, every song sounds far too much alike and the whiny, seemingly domestic violence-centric lyrics are tired as hell.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I knew they were completely useless when I caught an interview with them on Fuse the other day.  The singer, who looks like a fucking poodle, said they were afraid that using piano in a rock song would suck and would be considered "lame".  I don't think I can count how many good rock/metal songs there are with piano in them.....

November Rain, for one...

There are a few GNR songs with piano.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Anytime you wanna compare:

Platinum Sales
Gold Sales
Concert Sales
Album Sales

You just let me know.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#19]
My 14 year old daughter listens to them.  I've heard a few songs from her CDs in the car and I thought it was just teeny bopper music.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anytime you wanna compare:

Platinum Sales
Gold Sales
Concert Sales
Album Sales

You just let me know.

LOL, just don't compare "Quality"  

I'm just goofin' on you... I'm not particularly a fan but enjoy    
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I knew they were completely useless when I caught an interview with them on Fuse the other day.  The singer, who looks like a fucking poodle, said they were afraid that using piano in a rock song would suck and would be considered "lame".  I don't think I can count how many good rock/metal songs there are with piano in them.....

November Rain, for one...

There are a few GNR songs with piano.

Bohemian rhapsody for another...

I don't think they'd be able to come up with a rock song with a piano, because the "nickelback 4 chord song generator" isn't programmed for it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I like them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't "get" them, so I don't like them.

I don't like Creed either.

Or... well, most of the soundalike new rock/metal/grunge/whateveritscalledthisweek bands.

I'll stick with my narrow range of favs - which consist of pretty much everything from Alice Cooper to Motley Crue, from The Offspring to The Clash, from AC/DC to Led Zepplin, from... well you get the idea.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe Chad from Nickelback, Stapp from Creed, and the dork from Dashboard Confessional could start a new band together.  They could call it "The Pussytones"!!

Scott Stapp could totally kick my ass, but he's still a poseur.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for 'em.

(I have no idea who they are )

HH
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Nickelback would have been absolutely fantastic....

In 1994.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh, and about the four chords sucking...Nickelbacks four chord method sucks because they suck.  There are some great songs out there that use between three and six chords that are really good.  Cant think of any titles off the top of my head, but theyre out there.  It's all about how they put together the few chords they use.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Oh, and about the four chords sucking...Nickelbacks four chord method sucks because they suck.  There are some great songs out there that use between three and six chords that are really good.  Cant think of any titles off the top of my head, but theyre out there.  It's all about how they put together the few chords they use.  

Free falling by tom petty, santa monica by everclear...all very simple songs that are good.

If nickelback got a jazz chord book for christmas, they'd still suck, because they're nickelback.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#29]
I hated all of their stuff on the radio up to "Animals"...

Maybe it was because it was the first decently fast song they had on the air.

Or maybe it was just because I heard it right after getting some pie in the back of my car
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
www.nintendorks.com/brandon/temp/nickelbacksucks.mp3

...This is what happens when you only know 4 fucking chords.

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I liked the first couple songs from Linkin Park's first cd. I used to like Staind and Godsmack also.
Then, they started catering to 14 year old girls to get some airplay.

Emo, Rap and Skank Rock (read: nickelback) are plagues upon humanity, and should be stopped at all costs.

dude Staind has some of the best "Girl out of pants" songs ever.

Plus I like them too......though it could just be an association thing
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#32]
they were old after the album "the state"

anybody who voted they are "metal like" or "quasi metal"  should get two punches on their man card.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#33]
should be called "Money Back"
but if you take it back for a refund

they'll only give you a  Nickle back.....

too much younger generation for me......

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Maybe Chad from Nickelback, Stapp from Creed, and the dork from Dashboard Confessional could start a new band together.  They could call it "The Pussytones"!!

Scott Stapp could totally kick my ass, but he's still a poseur.

Scott Stapp couldn't even kick his own ass.  True story, Scott Stapp once got beat down by an eight year old.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It's not a problem in four chords making up a progression in a song - the problem is when you try to use those same fucking four chords to build your entire catalog.  Punk rockers used to do that sort of shit, because they were rebellious and the point was that they play shitty music with lots of energy as a way of sticking it to the man.

Nickelback isn't punk rock, it's whiny little talentless pussy rock.

ETA: FWIW I don't think I'm a big music snob, but I generally have less appreciation for people that write music that betrays their total lack of creativity and understanding of music in general.  I've heard enough crap music from guitar bands that can't read music or understand even basic theory stuff.  Don't get me wrong, there are some great naturals out there, but a lot of garage band stuff gets old, even when overproduced and written by a record company.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, their songs sound similar to each other, as most bands do.  Aerosmith, metallica, guns 'n roses, linkin park, ozzy.  It's their sound, you either like it or don't.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:26:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yes, their songs sound similar to each other, as most bands do.  Aerosmith, metallica, guns 'n roses, linkin park, ozzy.  It's their sound, you either like it or don't.

Except there seems to be a lack of creativity with Nickelback.  Listening to one album from any of the bands you mentioned will show that: yes, there is no doubt what band this is, but it is hard to confuse the songs with each other.  The bands still have their sound and style, but every song is unique.

Nickelback found out how to get on the radio and stuck with that style.

Actually, why should I care?  They figured out how to make tons of money by playing pussy rock.  It works for them obviously, otherwise they wouldnt have stuck around as long as they have.  "I dont have to buy their albums"
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#38]
But they still suck.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top