Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In response to the earlier Italian thread.

CHINESE

Slimy noodles, not sure what all they put on the different types but they are greasy and slimy
CAT! Everything they call chicken does not have the texture of any chicken I ever saw.

Granted it's usually cheaper than Italian but I can't swallow it

Babbo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hellokitty893112/2372815908/lightbox/

Battali is an artist and a genius.  Seriously, one of the best chefs ever.  By all accounts a nice guy too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, my guess is that very few people on this site, or in the US in general, have eaten real chinese food.  What you get at a "Chinese restaurant " is not chinese.

The bastards are holding out on us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real Chinese food is phenomenal. Soup dumplings, scallion pancakes, spicy cukes could be my last meal. Americanized Chinese not so much. Szechuan is really tasty as well. You have to go authentic, or you are eating salt, brown sauce, and corn syrup. One of my favorite meals to make at home- ginger scallion noodles. This recipe comes from David Chang of Momofuku fame, but it's really a rip off of the Chinatown version. Try it and be amazed.

Yeah, my guess is that very few people on this site, or in the US in general, have eaten real chinese food.  What you get at a "Chinese restaurant " is not chinese.

Completely agree. I'm seriously going to Chinatown tonight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I love all Asian quisine. Chinese, Japanese, Thai-- been eating at the Vietnamese places a lot lately too. It's all yummy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dumplings. Pork with ginger and that sauce. The rest is meh.

I like the bourbon chicken at the mall though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CHINESE

Slimy noodles, not sure what all they put on the different types but they are greasy and slimy
CAT! Everything they call chicken does not have the texture of any chicken I ever saw.

Never understood how Bourbon Chicken found its way into mall Chinese offerings.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nasty, hard, thick, fried "dough" with cream cheese inside?

I've never had a good Rangoon, or one with the purported "crab" anywhere to be seen or tasted. Even in otherwise good restaurants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crab Rangoons tho.

Ew.

I vote for ban.

Nasty, hard, thick, fried "dough" with cream cheese inside?

I've never had a good Rangoon, or one with the purported "crab" anywhere to be seen or tasted. Even in otherwise good restaurants.

I prefer the thin crispy ones akin to rice paper wrapped.

Those are ok.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thai and Vietnamese is where its at in Asian foods
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Family member was eating sushi the other nightnasty stuff
View Quote

You either have bad sushi joints, or cannot be trusted for culinary advice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like all of them.

Why limit yourself.

People who try a "category" once and then swear it all off as "nasty" crack me up.

That's like saying you don't like Meatloaf, so All American food is crap.

I don't like eel.

Obviously there aren't any sushi /sashimi dishes I care for, then, right?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Battali is an artist and a genius.  Seriously, one of the best chefs ever.  By all accounts a nice guy too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CHINESE

I have a pair of orange crocs.
Babbo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hellokitty893112/2372815908/lightbox/

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the two best ones. Followed by Japanese.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CHINESE

Shhhh! They might take it off the menu!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CHINESE

This..unless we're talking Mongolian BBQ...that shit is the Shit
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:You sound like you've never actually spent much time in Italy or traveled far and wide.  
View Quote

And you are wrong.  

As Twain said on touring in Europe, that there are Americans who will say they were satisfied by a Continental breakfast, but there are also Americans who will lie.  The same thing is in effect here.  A "bistec" I recall it being called, will be a disappointment to any American.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. These other guys don't know what the pho they're talking about.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I like chinese. Even the Americanized stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#17]
What sucks worse than Italian?  SHITTY Italian.   Like Olive Garden or any other chain Italian place (Carraba's, etc.).
FFS no fucking more.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And you are wrong.  

As Twain said on touring in Europe, that there are Americans who will say they were satisfied by a Continental breakfast, but there are also Americans who will lie.  The same thing is in effect here.  A "bistec" I recall it being called, will be a disappointment to any American.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:You sound like you've never actually spent much time in Italy or traveled far and wide.  

And you are wrong.  

And a froggy won't like American beef. It's a matter of being used to a certain taste and texture. A bistec generally comes from a much leaner, older animal. It's not supposed to be marbled. I hated American beef when I came here, and now that I'm Americanized, I hate French beef.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And you are wrong.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And you are wrong.  

If you go to Italy and can't appreciate the food and wine, you have a serious problem.  

There's a little wine bar at the foot of the Spanish Steps where they don't have red and white on tap behind the bar, but they do have every bottle imaginable.  You want a '98 Barolo?  They have it.  They have it all.  Behind the bar are cured meats, cheeses, and olives.    

A proper Tuscan Steak is huge and puts most American beef to shame.   Bistecca alla Fiorentina is a great cut, if you are in Italy and want a giant meat course.   Italy knows beef, because leather was war materiel back in the days of the Machiavelli. They had it figured out.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real Chinese food is phenomenal. Soup dumplings, scallion pancakes, spicy cukes could be my last meal. Americanized Chinese not so much. Szechuan is really tasty as well. You have to go authentic, or you are eating salt, brown sauce, and corn syrup. One of my favorite meals to make at home- ginger scallion noodles. This recipe comes from David Chang of Momofuku fame, but it's really a rip off of the Chinatown version. Try it and be amazed.

Hunan Taste

If you're ever in Baltimore, come find this place and make sure they don't just give you the round eye menu.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hunan Taste

If you're ever in Baltimore, come find this place and make sure they don't just give you the round eye menu.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hunan Taste

I couldn't find General Tso's on the menu.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I love both (Americanized) Chinese and Italian food . . . . but Im a simple meat and potatoes man at heart .
View Quote

Me too but CAT is not something I'm wanting to eat
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hunan Taste

It's on the round eye menu. This place is in a strip mall, a couple doors down from a big asian supermarket. If you go, there's a good chance you'll be the only non asians in the place.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Is someone forcing you fuckers to walk in and eat? ..... just don't go and STFU
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Is someone forcing you fuckers to walk in and eat? ..... just don't go and STFU
View Quote

There you go again. Failing to hate.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Chinese food is some of the nastiest stuff out there
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top