Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a Violence-etc. workshop I was supposed to attend last month.  Problem was, the class was booked solid.  So I didn’t get to hear all the “Interesting”, things I’m capable of doing.  Another goodie is that I’m not the only Gun-Nut on our shift.  I am, however, the only Class III Freak around.
I’m also interested in Military History.  So I’m more knowledgeable than the “Average”, person about firearms.  If I had that “Instructor”, you were mentioned, I would have humiliated him/her to the point of tears, pointing out every single erroneous flaw in their argument.
And then gotten mean.

Ooopsss!  That line got out by mistake![;)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
About 4-5 years ago, the outfit I was working for started seriously dicking around with the pension fund of some of the employees. NOT MINE!!!!

I commented that I'd be surprised it someone nearing retirement didn't get violent in some form of another, ranging anywhere from a shove to the unspeakable.

Because they knew I was a competitive shooter, the mgt people actually brought up the subj of what to do if I(ME) 'went off'.

One of my admirers tipped me off and I actually crashed the meeting and told them that if I DID go off, there would be bodies stacked like cordwood. But I also pointed out that I really didn't think that any of them were worth the 26 cents it cost me for a round of ammo, much less going to jail.

Besides, I could care less what they did with the pensions because mine was NOT managed by them. Not only that, I pointed out that the point of my previous comment was for them to get their heads out of their asses so there wouldn't BE a problem. It was a typical case of kill the messenger.

I really humiliated a lot of them, and it was pretty neat watching the management types unable to look me in the eye. I actually asked a VP why he couldn't look me in the eye. He sat there, looked at the table and said nothing.

I hate the idiots that go through life running off at the mouth and jumping to (wrong) conclusions.

And I HATE people like the OSHA idiot that had her facts screwed up.

There would have been hell to pay if I were there.

BTW, If you hassle OSHA, generally mgt won't do anything to you because they don't like 'em, either!

edited to add: My parting shot was when I looked at the VP and sr middle mgt guy and asked him: "How does it feel knowing that most of your employees don't think you're worth twenty-six cents?"

My admirer lookeed up and grinned. "I guess I'd better look out for the one that DOES."

He got a real dirty look from a couple of the big shots.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The OSHA instructor was a fairly large black lady who did not take any shit from anyone.  At least that is the impression she gave.  My company is so PC/non-confrontational/uptight, that yes some of you probably could have gotten her to back down and be humiliated but it would end up with you being fired for doing so.  They have done it before in similar situations.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
[size=4][blue]My office is in Pennsylvania.  My company is in Oregon.

I'm a 1 person, home based office

I have a 9mm in my desk drawer next to me

I have a .45 acp downstairs

I have a safe full of guns

Am I a threat?  If so, I guess I'm a threat to myself, since I'm the only one at this office?

I'm confused.[/size=4][/blue]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top