Quoted:

X3
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Moral of the story:  Don't be a career criminal.

Fucks given:  0

x2

X3

X4
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's not ridiculous.  If you read her history, there's no reason whatsoever to leave her in society.  If we could execute for stealing she'd be a good candidate.
View Quote

I tend to agree. Normally not a fan of heavy sentencing for non-violent stuff, but this bitch has a case of the crazy that isn't going anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
How about 3 strikes, then get the needle?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
She is just a misunderstood victim of her upbringing...poor girl.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Amendment 8 ?
View Quote
It was not cruel to be sentenced to prison.
It isn't unusual for criminals to go to prison.
Interpretation FAIL.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#6]
She needs options...70 years or loss of Hand(s)...Something to think about. Now I'm thinking of that vid that was posted here recently of the guy that had his hand hacked off for stealing. Took it like a boss.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

what if she stole your power tools?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fucking hate thieves.  But that's ridiculous.

what if she stole your power tools?

Death.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#8]
lol.

Don't be a thief?

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#9]
i dont care bye
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Boy, she had a shitty lawyer.

The jury was allowed to see footage of an unrelated crime of her stealing Christmas lights.

She was a habitual thief with zero regard for others. I'm having a hard time dredging up any sympathy for her. She had plenty of times to learn her lesson.
View Quote

In sentencing all that crap comes in.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Excessive for petty theft but the injuring a child has me curious and if true not carry about her sentence.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It would seem that the jury took a good opportunity to rid themselves of a career criminal once and for all
View Quote
This, right here.  I'd have done the same.  

It's no different than the guy that was given "life for stealing a slice of pizza".  Yea, he stole pizza..... by roughing up the sales guy, while he was on parole for murder, and had three previous convictions.  He was told before hand "Get busted doing ANYTHING, and you go away for life."  He chose to continue to be a criminal.

She didn't get 70 years for stealing power tools.  She got 70 years for a life time of proving she would never correct her behavior, and would continue to be a threat to everyone who came into contact with her.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If every sentance for similar offenses was as punitive, perhaps burglars and thieves might be dissuaded from their chosen craft.
View Quote

Either that or the crimes will escalate from "kinda petty theft" to "murder the family in their sleep before stealing all the stuff from the house and burning down the structure."

Because, fuck it, if I'm going to prison for life anyway, might as well not leave any witnesses or complainants.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Boy, she had a shitty lawyer.

The jury was allowed to see footage of an unrelated crime of her stealing Christmas lights.

She was a habitual thief with zero regard for others. I'm having a hard time dredging up any sympathy for her. She had plenty of times to learn her lesson.
View Quote

I suspect that video was shown during a sentencing proceeding separate from the trial on guilt or innocence.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Meanwhile in another part of Texas... kill/mame a few people while drunk and rich...you're off to the country club resort for a while.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Interpretation FAIL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amendment 8 ?
Interpretation FAIL.

Well said. Also, by its terms, the 8thAm doesn't prohibit cruel punishments which are commonplace or strange punishments which are not cruel.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Interpretation FAIL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amendment 8 ?
Interpretation FAIL.

Not to mention she'll live better in prison than she ever will in the real world.  Three meals a day, a bed, healthcare...  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't care. She's a lifetime criminal that will never change. I hate thieves. Apparently some of yall have never been stolen from. Not everyone is in a position to replace everything they have, and some things are just not replaceable. You work hard everyday at a job that you're not that fond of in order to be able to afford certain things and then some POS like her comes and takes it all away in one fell swoop. Then the police barely do anything because it's not a high enough priority. Fuck her, let her rot.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#19]
While I believe in punishment for crime, I have a hard time accepting it's my fucking responsibility that part of my taxes go to inmate corrections.

It costs $20,000 a year to house an inmate.  $3.3 million a year total in taxes for all prison costs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Get caught stealing and you should lose a hand. Get caught again and off with the other one. Also no government assistance should be available. Let's see you wipe that ass with no fucking hands.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#21]
meh ...

she told society "fuck you"

and the jury replied "no ... fuck YOU!"

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Bummer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:58:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Get caught stealing and you should lose a hand. Get caught again and off with the other one. Also no government assistance should be available. Let's see you wipe that ass with no fucking hands.
View Quote

I used to live in a place just like that, spent 8 years in the Middle East.

It sucked on a number of levels. Not the least of which being the kind of society that would tolerate such Draconian punishments has to also tolerate a totalitarian regime to keep things functioning. You simply can't have punishments like that in a civilized and orderly society. The reasonable people will rebel and revolt.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm all out of fucks to give.  I certainly dont want her living on my block. This woman is a career criminal and obviously feels no remorse for her misdeeds, so I see no reason that she wouldn't do it all over again as soon as she got paroled.

There is a lesson here: Keep your dick beaters off other peoples shit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Hope there was some police brutality involved in her arrest as well.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:20:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In contrast, you can drive drunk at three times the legal limit, kill four, put a fifth in a vegitative state and get nothing but probation!
View Quote

both her and the drunk should be hung at the town square.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
What ever happened to the "three strikes you're out law"?  This would seem to apply.  While I understand not using prior convictions during a trial, it should be allowed for sentencing as in this case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

As far as her other misdeeds, Brock got started down a bad path at the age of 17 when she was convicted in Arizona of solicitation to commit murder, KXAS reported. Later she was convicted of credit card abuse, injury to a child, theft, assault, and drug possession.

What ever happened to the "three strikes you're out law"?  This would seem to apply.  While I understand not using prior convictions during a trial, it should be allowed for sentencing as in this case.

you do realize that this was a "3 and out" case, right?  it said so right there in the article.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#29]
This one.....soooo much guilt
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

In contrast, you can drive drunk at three times the legal limit, kill four, put a fifth in a vegitative state and get nothing but probation!
View Quote
Something tells me he didn't have a Public Defender named Raul Navarez as his attorney.

If you have money you will escape justice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Well thats what she gets for having an attorney that thinks you breath throigh your stomach.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Great.

Taxpayers get to feed her for life.

What's an inmate cost?  $40k a year?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Sympathy from me will only be found somewhere in the dictionary, between Shit and Syphilis.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I read the article about her past criminal history, so I'm sorry if the intent of this thread was to solicit sympathy for her, because I have none.

It was the past charges of "solicitation to commit murder" and "injury to a child" that pegged my give a fuck meter for her at exactly zero.

View Quote

Yup. A career criminal who has demonstrated an intent not to ever straighten herself out. So... "bye".
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Good I hate thieves

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.  Another entry for "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."  And in her choice of career, she chose poorly.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
While I believe in punishment for crime, I have a hard time accepting it's my fucking responsibility that part of my taxes go to inmate corrections.

It costs $20,000 a year to house an inmate.  $3.3 million a year total in taxes for all prison costs.
View Quote

How much does it cost to report, investigate, arrest, prosecute this woman for her crimes, year after year?  Not to mention the direct cost to her victims.  $20k/ year is a bargain.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Fat ugly fucking stupid whore cunt twat.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Wonder if she also took a Gourami.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I would so give Meredith Land the best 15 seconds of my life.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It sucked on a number of levels. Not the least of which being the kind of society that would tolerate such Draconian punishments has to also tolerate a totalitarian regime to keep things functioning. You simply can't have punishments like that in a civilized and orderly society. The reasonable people will rebel and revolt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This country used to hang people for thievery.  And that was during the days that GD considers the height of personal freedom.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

x2

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

x2

x3

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Meh, dumb bitch.  I have no fucks to give.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Come on...she'll be out in 35 years with good behavior.
View Quote

Or out in 10 to 20 for parole....
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#47]
The 70 year sentence wasn't for stealing a few power tools.  

It was for a lifetime of theft and violence.   Soliciting murder, child abuse, assault, theft, credit card fraud...this person has issues.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

x2

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

x2

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It will be overturned at some point.
View Quote

I'll be surprised if she does more than 3 years.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#50]
fuck this bitch

but a spoiled drunk little dick kills 4 with his vehicle and gets a slap on the wrist,no jail time
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top