Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
As others have said...PC owns both.  My previous comment was just stirring the pot

Seriously though....I can out do graphics on either system w/ my computer and do it cheaper and have more mods.  

See, as I've said on many, many other threads... I'm computer stupid.  I've never been able to upgrade a PC without wanting to sit the fucking thing 5 tons of tannerite and launch it into orbit.  So, with that said... I'm a console guy because I don't have to upgrade every six months to play the latest game.  I don't have to look at the back of the game box and worry about "system requirements."  I put the game in the console and press play.  And trust me... I got completely hooked on the original Rainbow Six on PC.  I upgraded my PC every time a new RB6 or Ghost Recon came out.  But at 33, I just don't have the patients to do it anymore...  it raises my blood pressure and aggravates the shit out of me.  Life's to short to get pissed off about shit like that so, I just avoid it.

I'll give ya a mouse and a keyboard are ten time better then a game controller...  But to me, not dealing with my PC has added years to my life.  

That's just me though...
~Dg84
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
360 lovers...hows that red circle o' death working out for ya....and not to mention...how's Microsoft been takin care of ya?  

The only person I know of who bought a 360 had his crap out.

I think I'll pass.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How much do you think MS is losing over their extended warranty plan IIRC - Microsoft's gaming division has actually NEVER made a profit; they've always been in the red - that's why they have to charge you money to play online.

Sony on the other hand - they've sold over 100 million PS2s. And you can bet that once the heavy hitter exclusives like Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid start coming out, they'll move systems. I mean, PS3 has been out what - a year? I remember people saying that 360 would be a complete failure it's first year ("where are the good exclusives? I'm tired of playing Call of Duty 2") and then Gears of War came out around the one year anniversary of 360.

PS3 has Warhawk, Call of Duty 4, Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Folklore, etc. already - so it's not like we don't have any good games to play. And next year, while the Xbots are playing great exclusives like Alan Wake and Halo Wars and Fable 2 - we'll be playing Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo (and online will STILL be free)

Ya get what ya pay for.  Sony's online play is a joke.

no it,s not!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
360 lovers...hows that red circle o' death working out for ya....and not to mention...how's Microsoft been takin care of ya?  

I think I'll pass.

You guys are funny talking about the RROD.

I think it was confirmed that between 3-4% of all 360's suffered the RROD.  It's because they sold so fucking many of these things is why people bring it up.  

If the PS3 is better, why, after a year, is it's sales absolutely abysmal?

I'll tell ya:

1)  Poor price point decision.  It was $200 more than a 360 at intro.
2)  Poor title selection.
3)  Poor online play.

Thats all folks!!!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PLAYSTATION 3 OWNS X BOX 360! MY SON OWNS both  AND THE PLAYSTATION BUY far IS THE BETTER PLATFORM! PlayStation doesn't nickel and dime you for everything and is more versatile! love the Internet access thru it, and the logitech wireless keyboard is nice .all on my 55 inch HDTV ,plus FREE built in wifi,FREE internet access .he got the 40gb unit ,its awesome! ever see ARF15.COM on a 55 inch set ? NOT TO MENTION THE BLU-RAY IS AWESOME!

Nope, they just charge you an asinine price for everything instead of giving you a cheaper system and the option to opt out of certain things you would never use.

I SAY BULLPOOP SIR! how much is a blue ray unit? mmmmm?go price one. his ps3 was 399.00 what a 50 dollar difference from a 360? and did i mention its TRUE 1080I? not 720 like 360 and its blu-ray? sorry ,we got both ,and for 50 bucks more, the features you get witrh the PS3 kicks 360s ass! also xbox is not compatibale with ALL big screen tv,s.like mine! xbox keep getting rolling color lines.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
360 lovers...hows that red circle o' death working out for ya....

No problems here on my launch day machine (although RROD can strike at any time)

and not to mention...how's Microsoft been takin care of ya?  

Very well thanks. The XBox live service in particular is just pure 100% awesome.

That said, I do like my PS3, however, the vast majority of cross platform titles (Assassian's Creed, the Tom Clancy games, etc) tend to look slightly better on the 360. There are exceptions of-course, with Dirt and Sega Rally looking slightly better on PS3.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
This is just as dumb as arguing if chili has beans or not...

I really can't believe that there are this many adults here debating which gaming console is better.  I have the xBox and I will buy the PS3 when the price becomes reasonable.  I mostly turn on the Xbox to watch a HDDVD which is 1080P over HDMI.

Lighten up Francis, it's just a game...
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I really can't believe that there are this many adults here debating which gaming console is better.  I have the xBox and I will buy the PS3 when the price becomes reasonable.  I mostly turn on the Xbox to watch a HDDVD which is 1080P over HDMI.

and LED ZEPPELIN WAS A MEDIOCORE BAND
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone might want to run over to Frost7's house and see if he's ok.  What wolfman does to prohibitionists Frost7 can do to Xbox fanbois.  Its like artwork watching him work.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
*insert picture of Care-O-Meter on zero*

Someone tell me when Gran Turismo 5 comes out on the 360.  Until then I'll be waiting for my PS3.

Umm, GT5 is still a pipe dream.  No known set release date.

It's far from being a "pipe-dream".  Just because there isn't a set release date doesn't mean they aren't making it

www.gametrailers.com/player/21591.html

Kinda like Duke Nukem Forever?  
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I'll pass.

I think it was confirmed that between 3-4% of all 360's suffered the RROD.  It's because they sold so fucking many of these things is why people bring it up.  

I'll tell ya:

3)  Poor online play.

Thats all folks!!!!

1. With the $399 PS3 out, price isn't much different than the 360 and is even cheaper than the Elite is if I'm not mistaken.
2. You got me there for now, be interesting to see sales after all the games come out on PS3.
3. PSN online is almost exactly the same as Live, we have downloadable content, movie and game trailers, old games to download, full new games to download, and in a month we will even have trophy's and achievements as well. Did I mention that except for the games, all of that is totally FREE.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and LED ZEPPELIN WAS A MEDICORE BAND

Hell, at least you didn't think it was some fucking shitty ass homo-erotic movie
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a 360 and like it.

I agree that hardware wise the PS3 is better, however if you want to play games especially on-line right now you would be stupid to get a PS3.

I don't want to hear about the $5 fucking dollar a month charge either.

norris
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I'll pass.

I'll tell ya:

3)  Poor online play.

Thats all folks!!!!

1. With the $399 PS3 out, price isn't much different than the 360 and is even cheaper than the Elite is if I'm not mistaken.
2. You got me there for now, be interesting to see sales after all the games come out on PS3.
3. PSN online is almost exactly the same as Live, we have downloadable content, movie and game trailers, old games to download, full new games to download, and in a month we will even have trophy's and achievements as well. Did I mention that except for the games, all of that is totally FREE.

So then, why are consumers choosing the 360 3:1 over the PS3?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone tell me when Gran Turismo 5 comes out on the 360.  Until then I'll be waiting for my PS3.

It's far from being a "pipe-dream".  Just because there isn't a set release date doesn't mean they aren't making it

I know, they've been talking about GT5 since the PS3 came out.

Wasnt GT4 like 3 years late?

Money bets you'll see GT5 after 2010...

And news that the PS3 is a flop? This just in! the sky is blue!

Most of my friends who bought theirs never use it and tell me it was a huge waste of money.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#16]
In your haste to report the demise of the PS3 you skimmed over the best part of the article:

In an addendum to a story on the console maker's various woes with Xbox 360 reliability...

ummm yeah.

My PS3's been reliable. I'm just about to go play some CoD4. Or rather, learn how to play CoD4.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So then, why are consumers choosing the 360 3:1 over the PS3?

Games is the only thing I can think of, I like my PS3, I bought mine for Metal Gear Solid, even I will admit the games are lacking at this point because all the good titles are still due out which is why I said sales figures should be interesting after PS3 has more mainstream games out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And news that the PS3 is a flop? This just in! the sky is blue!

Most of my friends who bought theirs never use it and tell me it was a huge waste of money.

THAT IS TOTAL BULLPOOP!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I remember last year when I wanted a Wii and couldn't find one everybody had plenty of PS3s.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
PLAYSTATION 3 OWNS X BOX 360! MY SON OWNS both  AND THE PLAYSTATION BUY far IS THE BETTER PLATFORM! PlayStation doesn't nickel and dime you for everything and is more versatile! love the Internet access thru it, and the logitech wireless keyboard is nice .all on my 55 inch HDTV ,plus FREE built in wifi,FREE internet access .he got the 40gb unit ,its awesome! ever see ARF15.COM on a 55 inch set ? NOT TO MENTION THE BLU-RAY IS AWESOME!

Nope, they just charge you an asinine price for everything instead of giving you a cheaper system and the option to opt out of certain things you would never use.

I SAY BULLPOOP SIR! how much is a blue ray unit? mmmmm?go price one. his ps3 was 399.00 what a 50 dollar difference from a 360? and did i mention its TRUE 1080I? not 720 like 360 and its blu-ray? sorry ,we got both ,and for 50 bucks more, the features you get witrh the PS3 kicks 360s ass! also xbox is not compatibale with ALL big screen tv,s.like mine! xbox keep getting rolling color lines.

The only real difference between blu-ray and HD-dvd is the storage space.  I've played both and I honestly can't tell a difference.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah...I'll never use WiFi or Bluetooth or BluRay.

See, unlike the 360 - the PS3 doesn't nickel and dime you.

You want a headset for the PS3 - you just use a Bluetooth headset that you use with a phone. 360 - you gotta buy the MS headset that you plug into the 360 controller.

You want rechargable batteries for the wireless 360 controller - oh, that's gonna cost you extra.

You want to watch hi def movies? Yeah, the HD-DVD add-on cost extra too.

Your 360 isn't close to an ethernet connection? Well, I guess you'll have to shell out some money for a wifi wireless adapter.

I for one would rather just be able to have all of that functionality out of the box. Even the cheapest PS3 has EVERYTHING I just listed.

It's like having everything in one machine - it surfs the internet, plays games, plays BluRay movies - you can even put Linux on it and use it as a computer
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You want a headset for the PS3 - you just use a Bluetooth headset that you use with a phone. 360 - you gotta buy the MS headset that you plug into the 360 controller.

You want rechargable batteries for the wireless 360 controller - oh, that's gonna cost you extra.

Your 360 isn't close to an ethernet connection? Well, I guess you'll have to shell out some money for a wifi wireless adapter.

I for one would rather just be able to have all of that functionality out of the box. Even the cheapest PS3 has EVERYTHING I just listed.

It's like having everything in one machine - it surfs the internet, plays games, plays BluRay movies - you can even put Linux on it and use it as a computer

All that shit, and they still cant sell.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh how the tide has turned. The PS3 is now outselling the Wii in Japan. Yes, outselling the Wii

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140160-c,gameconsoles/article.html

If Japanese people are buying PS3's over Wii and Mario, paying twice as much - that should tell you something.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh how the tide has turned. The PS3 is now outselling the Wii in Japan. Yes, outselling the Wii

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140160-c,gameconsoles/article.html

If Japanese people are buying PS3's over Wii and Mario, paying twice as much - that should tell you something.

The Japanese?  A sony product doing good in Japan!?  Who woulda thunk it!?!

edit: and as far as everything you mentioned, the only thing i've needed to upgrade on mine was the HD-DVD(which I got GREAT deal on) and rechargeable batteries to be exactly where I would have been at with a PS3.  Still costing me less than a PS3 and it has better games.

I guess it boils down to whether you want something that can do everything or a gaming/dvd playing machine.  All I really need is something that is great on multiplayer, has the best game selection and can play DVD's in high definition.

I've already got a computer, thank you very much...
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Wii and 17 games sitting in the closet for the kids.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#26]
oh my hell this is the biggest geekfight I've seen in a while.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hell, at least you didn't think it was some fucking shitty ass homo-erotic movie

300?

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

that and GTA:4.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Two questions.  How old are you?  And do your parents know you've been playing on the internet?
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Like what? I've used every feature on my PS3.

Also why do all the 360 fanboys try to say the PS3 online play sucks. I have no problems with it all, what exactly sucks about it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like what? I've used every feature on my PS3.

Also why do all the 360 fanboys try to say the PS3 online play sucks. I have no problems with it all, what exactly sucks about it.

I never said it sucks.

If you use every feature then the PS3 was probably the right choice for you.  I, on the other hand, use my PC far more and only use the console for gaming and DVD's.

Also the live play for PS3 doesn't suck.  For free it isn't too bad but xbox live is definitely much better.  $45 a year better IMO.

One system isn't better than the other, it's all in what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT1: 1998
GT2: 1999
GT3: 2001
GT4: 2005
GT5: 2008

I really don't see what's so difficult to figure out.....
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

yup

Wii > all other consoles

sorry guys.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As others have said...PC owns both.  My previous comment was just stirring the pot

Seriously though....I can out do graphics on either system w/ my computer and do it cheaper and have more mods.  

See, as I've said on many, many other threads... I'm computer stupid.  I've never been able to upgrade a PC without wanting to sit the fucking thing 5 tons of tannerite and launch it into orbit.  So, with that said... I'm a console guy because I don't have to upgrade every six months to play the latest game.  I don't have to look at the back of the game box and worry about "system requirements."  I put the game in the console and press play.  And trust me... I got completely hooked on the original Rainbow Six on PC.  I upgraded my PC every time a new RB6 or Ghost Recon came out.  But at 33, I just don't have the patients to do it anymore...  it raises my blood pressure and aggravates the shit out of me.  Life's to short to get pissed off about shit like that so, I just avoid it.

I'll give ya a mouse and a keyboard are ten time better then a game controller...  But to me, not dealing with my PC has added years to my life.  

That's just me though...
~Dg84

I've seen a keyboard/mouse that can be used with a console.

I agree with you, it's fcuking awkward to use a controller for a FPS

Here it is

I haven't tried it, but anything gotta be better than a gamepad
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Two questions.  How old are you?  And do your parents know you've been playing on the internet?

lighten up Francis! the grown ups are talkin!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup

Wii > all other consoles

sorry guys.
What a joke.  The Wii isn't even in the same league, it really is last generation technology. I'll admit I was duped in to buying one but it will soon be up for sale on the EE.  When my seven year old nephew (who the Wii was designed for by the way) comes over to play video games,  he consistently picks the PS3.  When it comes to consoles you really do get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup

Wii > all other consoles

sorry guys.
What a joke.  The Wii isn't even in the same league, it really is last generation technology. I'll admit I was duped in to buying one but it will soon be up for sale on the EE.  When my seven year old nephew (who the Wii was designed for by the way) comes over to play video games,  he consistently picks the PS3.  When it comes to consoles you really do get what you pay for.

Fond of sitting?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

...and yet it's the top seller. That's the difference between hardcore gamers and mainstream. Mainstream will buy inferior tech if it is marketed right.

I own a Wii and I'm waiting for more / better games for it. Zelda and Mario Galaxy are great, but...

Speaking of hardcore, how many of you geeks forked out the $$ for this beauty? I was never much of a mech gamer, but I figured as a hardcore gamer I needed to do my part to support this hardware, aimed squarely at the hardcore market:

it was and remains the most immersive experience available to the home gamer.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow, thats hardcore.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

No shit.

I wanted 100% HDMI in my entertainment center, so I ditched my DVD player and my PS2 and bought a PS3.

Considering that I mostly only play sports games and have a huge stack of PS2 games, I didn't see the need for an XBOX.

Besides, fuck Microsoft.

Console debates...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think GT5 will be out the day after Duke Nukem forever comes out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

We got the "circle o' death" and contacted Microsoft.  The very  next buisness day a pre-paid box was on our door step and 2 weeks later we had a brand spankin' new X-box 360 on our door step.

So to answer your question....GREAT!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think GT5 will be out the day after Duke Nukem forever comes out.

Right.  Because the Gran Turismo HD demo isn't out, and the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue isn't coming out soon
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Just got a PS3 a day or two ago. Most addictive thing I have come across in a long time. I like the following about it:

• Able to modify interface themes
    WiFi keeps the ugly wires from crossing my living room
    Media Center server allows Windows Media Player to stream music to it, in my case which goes to surround sound.
    Controllers are rechargable, giving a solid 8-9 hours of play time, and minimal 2 hours or so to charge
    USB device compatible for transfering pictures, music or videos to the PS3
    I didn't have to buy a new toy to talk on the online multiplayer system, my Moto Bluetooth connected right up and works perfect
    The online gaming interface very closely follows K.I.S.S. and I think it works flawlessly
    Controller is comfortable
    BR quality is orgasmic

Things i don't like

• Title selection

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I just bought a PS3 2 days ago, coulndnt be happyer, i wont play online and the blueray is great, wanted a Blueray anyway, i think price has alot to do with it, they are exspensive when you add everyting , games cooler ,controller, ect. i had a hard time deciding but i feel i got what fits me, its for my kid for Christmas, i dont think you can go wrong with either, its just personal choice.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

I wanted 100% HDMI in my entertainment center, so I ditched my DVD player and my PS2 and bought a PS3.

Considering that I mostly only play sports games and have a huge stack of PS2 games, I didn't see the need for an XBOX.

Besides, fuck Microsoft.

Console debates...

XBOX - HDMI, 1080p
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

Besides, fuck Microsoft.

Console debates...

XBOX - HDMI, 1080p

True, but it doesn't mean much when the games aren't in actually high def. Halo 3 couldn't even muster 720P - the 360's 'flagship' title couldn't do high def and HDR at the same time - so Halo 3 is actually only running in 640P...and it's already only running at 30FPS...

It's gonna be bad when GT5 comes out running at 1080P, 60FPS - and that's not even pushing the PS3 to it's limits. I can't wait for this game
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

Besides, fuck Microsoft.

Console debates...

XBOX - HDMI, 1080p

True, but it doesn't mean much when the games aren't in actually high def. Halo 3 couldn't even muster 720P - the 360's 'flagship' title couldn't do high def and HDR at the same time - so Halo 3 is actually only running in 640P...and it's already only running at 30FPS...

It's gonna be bad when GT5 comes out running at 1080P, 60FPS - and that's not even pushing the PS3 to it's limits. I can't wait for this game
www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2007/11/135_002.jpg

GT5 is going to save PS3, no doubt.  That game looks AMAZING...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#50]
GT5 will be great and I will own it, but it isn't the franchise that's going to put the PS3 over the top.

You guys are forgetting about SOCOM.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top