BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go with Sirius.  You'll get Gun Talk, NRA News and more.

Big Plus for me!  They replay it in the Morning day after so I can listen to it then.  Good Stuff.

They sure do.  I just finished listening to NRA News and have Laura Ingraham on now.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:33:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW, I have the normal FM modulator kit in my vehicle, but I also bought an el cheapo (less than $20) FM modulator off of eBay.  I have this cheap modulator plugged into the Sirius "home unit" base, and can pick it up in my house, in the garage, in my shop, etc.  In addition, Sirius gives you a code so you can pick up streaming music while online.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not using it...but in my opinion its not worth the money.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
+ 1 for Sirius.  Will never go back to FM radio.  From what I see and hear go with Sirius over XM.  Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
pete you need an antennae and a power source, no portable units yet

Will I need an antenna on the fuselage, or will it work inside the plane.  My GPS works fine without an external antenna.  Just wondering if that aluminum cage will pose a problem.  Hopefully I can tie it into my audio panel as well.

PeteCO, IIRC I read in the AOPA magazine a few months ago about a guy that had an XM unit in his plane. He had it setup like the portable GPSNav units so that it didn't need FAA approval.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Be aware, though, that the SkyFi2 is supposed to come out at the end of this month, or in Novemeber.  It looks like it is a pretty big improvement over the current (red screen) version.  I'd wait and pick that one up.  Supposedly uses the same cradles but has a built in modulator for use in a car.

I got the Roady2 a couple of weeks ago, and the internal modulator doesn't work very well. I am using the car tape adapter, much better (and consistent) sound quality.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have XM.

Am switching to Sirius.

Better  programming IMO than XM.

SG
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I got so tired of commercials in the DC area I went XM.  I could literally drive 45 minutes to work and never hear anything but commercials.  I like XM a lot  - mostly listen to 50s and 60s and conservative talk.  XM has NASCAR and Sirius has NFL.  I got the Delphi SkyFi, in car kit and the boom box so I can take it just about anywhere.  Of course, that was before the Roady II with the built in FM modulator.

I also listened to both XM and Sirius in the No VA area and XM sounded much better - Sirius sounded sort of hollow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had XM for more than a year. Love it. I'm quite happy with the SkyFi unit, so if they come down in price with the release of the II I'd pick one up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top