Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
And suddenly I'm wondering about shooting 22 blanks into a stone wall.....
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
This looks interesting

check this link out.  i seems they have moved past the ball bearing ammo and moved on to fishing and hunting arrows.  One guy on here took a coyote with one,  that should be near and dear to some of your hearts.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I loved mine. Too bad they are illegal in ny now

Welcom to the club.

As far as our law goes all types of slingshot (twig+rubberband) result in a felony weapon possesion chrag.

They were always popular with fishermen (shooting bait into the river) and I have pleny of cases here of old geezers going out to fish and coming back as felons for weapons law violations.

You guys have an entire city devoted to debauchery but you can't even put a rubber band on a forked limb?

I'm glad my family immigrated from Holland when they did.

Nope. Dutch weapon law is designed in such a way so that the DA will never losse a case (vague terms+police power to interpret those vague terms) and the cool part is that police/DA's office will not comment on the legality of an item beforehand.

In very recent years parts of the police force are changeing their mind about the extent of our weapons law, for an officer it doesnt make much sense going after an old geezer fishing when wedo have quite a few other problems.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get yourself a bag of 00 or 000 buckshot.

Get a fishing sinker mold (for the round split shot ones)...much cheaper than buckshot.

The railroad "stones" are called taconite. It's compressed iron ore. Dad used to work at a steel mill and would bring it home for me. Kind of messy, though. Covered in rust powder until you wash it.

My cubscouts did a pretty cool project. I found enough walking stick sized saplings in the woods and left the forks on them. The boys cut and trimmed them until they had a walking stick with a sling shot on the top. We included a hole in the shaft and made an Ojibway bird trap ( you can google it, I'm sure). So, they had quite the multi purpose walking stick. We had a cool den.

Some quick online checking shows a 5lb bag of 00 buckshot for $20-not bad for ~640 "rounds".

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's a wrist rocket?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I loved mine. Too bad they are illegal in ny now

Isn't everything, except faggotry?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Wrist Rockets when I was 7-8 years old = me getting my ass tore up on a regular basis, for shooting shit I had no business shooting!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#8]
When I was a kid, my dad bought me a wrist rocket.  I already had a BB Gun and a .22 that we used to shoot groundhogs.  I was free to come and go as I pleased with my BB gun and .22.

That wrist rocket is the only thing he made me use with adult supervision.    I could embed pennies into the side of his plywood shed with that thing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One of the dual surviver guys can show you now to mount a split ring between the arms so it can shoot arrows...
Search youtube....

Dave Canterbury whisker biscuit arrow rests
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#10]

That man would be a Rambo if he lived in a country that allowed guns.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I shot whoppers out of mine as a kid.  Got in trouble when I tagged a guy in a car with his window down.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, I picked one up this afternoon at Gander Mountain. Tomorrow I will realize that nothing has changed since I was a kid and that I can't hit shit with a slingshot
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife bought me a slingshot for Christmas. I haven't used it yet; there are two squirrels fornicating in my back yard as I type this.

BRB.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top