Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OH boy, have I heard this one before.  I grew up around Baptists and if I had a buck for everytime I was told this one I could buy a new gun collection.

Here is the pat answer that gets them everytime.

"I know.  I want to be with all my friends."

There's no counter but frustration.

Tj

Quite the contrary, my old friend.

That is a silly answer.

Anyone in Hell will not be with any "friends".  They will be totally alone, suffering throughout eternity, alone.

It's a big joke to unbelievers here, but there will be no laughter there.

Of course, no one has to go there.  God has supplied a Way out.  And it is free.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some your replies are very funny, thanks, made my day...

For the record, I have read the bible, I spent 7 years with my nose buried in that book, along with a concordance, and other books, researching the meaning of some verses, back to hebrew and greek, so I could try to understand what the auther was really saying, I believe that some of the true meaning has been lost in the translation to english, and differant denominations...

Actually in Psalm 12:6 God promised to preserve His word. What we have now is what we are supposed to have (BTW the KJV 1611 is the seventh translation spoken of in vs 6) We do not have the original Hebrew and Greek on purpose. There is no benefit to trying to get the "original language". This approach is only beneficial to those who would profess to have a deeper understanding of the scripture than the common man, the exact opposite of God's intent. Trust what you have got. If God is not capable of preserving His word as He said, he is not worth wasting time over anyway. Planerench out.

I agree with Planerench.  You have to trust what you've got -- the people that go back and try to find "deeper meaning" in ANY literary works tend to use that as a means to explain them twisting the words to fit THEIR desires.  (especially true for literature professsors and HS english teachers, but I digress)

As Kira Nerys said in DS9 -- "If you don't have faith, you can't explain it, and if you have faith, no explanation is necessary"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I get told I'm going to hell all the time... I figure I'll be in good company
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Religious extremists of any religious are intolerant.  

I think he was trying to say that religious extremists of any reilgion are intolerant. This is true. Christ, for example, was intolerant of evil and sin, and hated it so much that He died to free people from it.

Tolerance, by the way, is not a virtue. Tolerating terrorists in our midst will lead to needless death. Tolerating the presence of the wrong type of males in the life of your young daughter can lead to horrid things happening to her. Tolerating cancer in your body leads to death.

Tolerating evil never won anyone a prize. It always leads to destruction.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Written by those who haven't been there either.

The Bible is written by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, third person of the Divine Trinity. Since God created hell, He seems quite qualified to tell us about it....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Well  I don't believe that that book is anything more than a book of good stories with a message.  So I'm noty really in awe when you quote a description of hell form it.  

"If it's in the book, then it must be true".  Quoted the idiot.  
 Heck, I have a bridge for sale.   And beachfront property too.

I have saved numerous lives, lived a pretty good life, and have an excellent relationship with my god.  I just disagree with pompus bible thumpers who will be in hell before anyone else.

I guess I don't think religiopn is something that should change your social status.
But yeah, being bad is SOOOOOOOO much fun!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well  I don't believe that that book is anything more than a book of good stories with a message.  So I'm noty really in awe when you quote a description of hell form it.  

"If it's in the book, then it must be true".  Quoted the idiot.  
 Heck, I have a bridge for sale.   And beachfront property too.

" 14But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

2nd Timothy 3

" 17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Jesus speaking in Matthew 5

I have saved numerous lives, lived a pretty good life, and have an excellent relationship with my god.  I just disagree with pompus bible thumpers who will be in hell before anyone else.

" 21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. 29Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, 30since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith."

Romans 3

Without the Word, and the Jesus revealed by that Word, your relationship to God is questionable.

I guess I don't think religiopn is something that should change your social status.

Faith isn't about changing your social status. It is about changing the fundamental nature of a person from a self-worshipping worker of iniquity to an obedient worshipper of Jesus Christ who takes up his cross and follows Him.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top