BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wouldn't waste money on any of the POS GTA's.

BigDozer66

+1

There's only so much walk around, carjack someone, ride around, crash, get kilt by the poleese I can take.  GTA gets stale quickly.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Funny how the cops on that game don't care if you run red lights, speed like hell, cut donuts in intersections, but if you bump into their car IT'S ON!  Seems like they are harder to get away from now too.

If you can't shake them just stop and get out of you car.  They will get out and run towards you.  Run for a little bit so they get far away from their cars.  Then jump back in another car and drive.  They will never catch up.

Or you can just go to your hideout.  If you take a 6 hour nap you lose all your felony even if they watch you enter the hideout.

They will chase you inside before you save it though.  That stairway is an excellent bottleneck if you are a sick sadistic bastard that is looking to do battle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
haha yep, the ps3 version i guess sucks cock compared to the 360 version...

360 rocks, ps3 sucks cock haters eat it.

gtaIV needs to be on pc tho

pc > console.

Who the hell let you in here?
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pc > console.

Who the hell let you in here?

jealousy is a stinky colongne
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wouldn't waste money on any of the POS GTA's.

BigDozer66

+1

There's only so much walk around, carjack someone, ride around, crash, get kilt by the poleese I can take.  GTA gets stale quickly.

The normal game play gets old quick, but thats when you start messing around and see what you can get in too.  One of my favorites is see how long you can do a wheelie around town.  And ofcourse theres see what crazy stunts you can pull off.  Theres see how much stuff you can break.  Killing rampage.  Car stealing spree.  Side missions.  Happy slapping.  You have to get creative to find most of the fun in the game.

One of my favorite things to do in Vice City was camp on a roof top with a bazooka.  After a while of wreaking havoc and 5 star wanted level, youd have soo many swat teams and tanks on you its ridiculous.   Then turn the gravity low, and theyd all go floating in to space.  Then turn gravity back up, and it would rain tanks for 10 seconds.  Theyd get all worked up, and yet were powerless to hurt you.  Its like burning ants with a magnifier.    

Link Posted: 5/3/2008 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
It probally just dosent like you.

Have you offended it in anyway?
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Cops are smarter in this game it seems like.  They actually try to box you in and stop as opposed to just ramming the shit out of you like in the previous games.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anyone else here play "chain reaction"?

Works best when you are being chased by a bunch of police cars.  You try and get a large mass of cars and drive into it when your car is on fire.  Then run out and see how many cars you can get to blow up in the chain reaction that occurs.

I especially laugh when the ambulance comes to save the victims and drives through the inferno, becoming a victim itself.

Yea, I do that about every 15min or so while playing and have gotten pretty good at it. Usually after I have been driving a car for a while it has gotten pretty damaged, and makes a great candidate to start of a chain reaction.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked my copy up this morning for the PS3, big disappointment. The game is extremely choppy and the physics with the cars is just lame.

How fun is it trying to get in the back of a cab?
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Working great on XBox 360.  92" Screen DPL projector for the win!
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
PC FTW!

The console control scheme sucks balls anyway.

with GTA3 on the pc I used a controller similar to a ps2 but for certain weapons I'd switch to mouse and keyboard
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I picked my copy up this morning for the PS3, big disappointment. The game is extremely choppy and the physics with the cars is just lame.

i know tell me about it, all my friends who got it for ps3 have went out and gotten it for 360 hahaha

you ps3 guys have fun, seriously.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Actually lots of gamers were complaining because the game had to be dumbed down for the XBox360... It couldn't make use of the full power/capacity of BluRay.

Actually, I read on AVS Forum that the 360 is a true 720P during gameplay, where as the PS3 was about 640.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]
360 version works just fine here.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Unless the physics are different with the 360 I disagree with you.  I think the car physics are really good in this game aside from how ridiculously bouncy the suspension is(which is a big annoyance).
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless the physics are different with the 360 I disagree with you.  I think the car physics are really good in this game aside from how ridiculously bouncy the suspension is(which is a big annoyance).

That and its takes 300 yards to come to a complete stop going 30mph.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#17]
360 seems like a good game. But just seems tired old themes like all the rest.
Graphics Better
Some added bonuses

But its having trouble holding my attention.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
360 seems like a good game. But just seems tired old themes like all the rest.
Graphics Better
Some added bonuses

But its having trouble holding my attention.

Well, what exactly were you expecting?

I think it's a phenomenal game - they've streamlined the gameplay and made it much more fun (i.e. the GPS feature is awesome - I hated having to look at the map on the old games), the graphics are good, the gunplay is AMAZING (have you played the bank robbery mission yet?) and the story/cut scenes are probably the best so far. Soundtrack is pretty good too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:35:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how the cops on that game don't care if you run red lights, speed like hell, cut donuts in intersections, but if you bump into their car IT'S ON!  Seems like they are harder to get away from now too.

Well the radar shows where the cops who haven't seen you are I dont recall that on the previous versions I think that makes it a little bit easier to escape. It was nice when I was dating Kiki call her and she'd call the cops off but she dumped me after I had a motorcycle accident with her on one of our dates

Kiki is turning into a stalker type for me. She texts, I call her, she yawns and blows me off, I go two blocks, she texts, I call, she yawns and blows me off, I drive a bit more, she texts, I ignore her, she texts again and accuses me of being out with other chicks and to contact her when I am done with them. It is funny.

ETA: I have it on PS3, I am 30hrs into SP so far, and it runs fine. Online is a hoot to me as well. My BiL has it as well, so we are in comms' with each other and like to coordinate some very tasty ambushes.

Our favorite trick is take separate choppers, fly to some 6-10 story buildings facing the park, land on separate buildings separated by a side street, and stay on the sides closest to each other. We then wait for a car to come by looking for us, and put a couple RPG rounds through the roof. They will then spawn and come to get revenge. But being we are on separate building, they cannot approach the side we are on to shoot at us without exposing themselves to one of us. Lessons in futility ensues.

Lately though, after an RPG ambush, we have noticed a few try and get a chopper to snipe us from taller buildings. Wrong. We always take sniper rifles with us, so as soon as you land and look down on us.... BAM... two shots to the head. It is hilarious when you piss off a guy seeking revenge like that. We got five or six like that tonight and was having a good time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:07:39 AM EDT
[#20]
At least my PS3 doesn't get the RROD
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Silently waiting for PC version,  All games should be played on a keyboard, as God intended.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#22]
My kids play it constantly on their 80GB PS3, both online and off, with no problems.  My oldest, however, has the old 60GB versions and had some problems initially, but ended up replacing his under warranty due to a burned out power supply.
Anyway, the game is fun.  There is so much you can do... take a boat, a helicopter, whatever you can think of.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:11:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't have GTA4 but I've owned all of them up to San Andreas.  There are games like that where the cops will pull you over for speeding or running red lights (e.g. Mafia).  IMO that makes the game too boring and slow.  I'm glad they didn't put that "feature" in the GTA series.

PS I'm waiting for the PC version as well.  I don't own any consoles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I posted this before and I will post it again.

img300.imageshack.us/img300/526/hahaps3jl5.jpg

That, my internet friends, is funny.

(very amateur gamer here)
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:20:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mine runs great, played lots of SP and online.  Paid $45 new from gamefly.

eta:  to the above poster w/ cock on his mind:  My PS3 has free online, 50 dollars a year(actually a bit less) for, I feel, a higher quality online setup is worth it. wireless controllers, so does my XBOX uses bluetooth mics, Neat, my friend has a wireless mic for the 360 but to be honest I actually prefer just plugging it in.  plays Bluray Huge + for the PS3 as it appears Blu-Ray will win.  Though by the time blu-ray has a huge corner in the market the next gen systems should be coming out and HASN'T passed its prime...  Neither has the 360...  And the 360 actually has good games out for it.  The selection on the PS3 is rather slim but growing.

You're XBOX experience is needed over in the Wargames forums for the guys that want your advice on the fastest way to get the RROD fixed quickly...

Fighting over which system is better never gets old it appears...

Oh and GTA IV on my 360 rocks!  I'm sure the PS3 version will be patched very soon if this isn't an isolated issue.

You're right.  BluRay is really close to winning.  

HD-DVD has given up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:22:48 AM EDT
[#26]
i havent had any trouble with GTA4 on my ps3(80gig).  a friend of mine has the 360 version and it killed his box.

quick question.  how many of these failures have occurred on the 40gig versions?  

i would bet all or most.

FYI, in august, 80gig ps3 will be int he $600 range.  if your waiting to snatch one up, that would be the ideal time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:38:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
i havent had any trouble with GTA4 on my ps3(80gig).  a friend of mine has the 360 version and it killed his box.

quick question.  how many of these failures have occurred on the 40gig versions?  

i would bet all or most.

FYI, in august, 80gig ps3 will be int he $600 range.  if your waiting to snatch one up, that would be the ideal time.

Yep, it seems to be the older ones, especially the now defunct 60GB version.  We bought the 80GB version because it will play PS2 games.  The 40GB will not.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

$600?

Fuck. That.

I'll buy mine in a few years when the prices aren't astronomical and for the time being I'll stick with the PS2.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i would bet all or most.

Yep, it seems to be the older ones, especially the now defunct 60GB version.  We bought the 80GB version because it will play PS2 games.  The 40GB will not.

Stupid Amateur question here, but...

Why?  I thought the Hard Drive was a standard Laptop Drive.  I've been thinking of buying a 40 gig and just replacing it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
 One of my favorite things to do in Vice City was camp on a roof top with a bazooka.  After a while of wreaking havoc and 5 star wanted level, youd have soo many swat teams and tanks on you its ridiculous.  

I used to like to camp on top of that parking garage in Vice City.  It was a great place to get your wanted level up and snag an FBI car.  Then it was a short jaunt back to your garage.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i would bet all or most.

Why?  I thought the Hard Drive was a standard Laptop Drive.  I've been thinking of buying a 40 gig and just replacing it.

No, he means the MACHINE itself - the 40GB models don't include the PS2 chip, ergo they can't play PS2 games. You can swap the hard drive out, but the PS2 chip will still be missing
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I am wondering, have you guys tried the Car Cannon?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU795dQ-Ahg&feature=related
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Hmm, it played fine on my 40gig PS3, which I paid 399 for, and I could care less about PS2 games...I didn't like the game enough to keep it though, good thing I bought it used.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I am wondering, have you guys tried the Car Cannon?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU795dQ-Ahg&feature=related

I will tonight!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i would bet all or most.

No, he means the MACHINE itself - the 40GB models don't include the PS2 chip, ergo they can't play PS2 games. You can swap the hard drive out, but the PS2 chip will still be missing

Gotcha.  I didn't know it was a chip, and I didn't know there was a difference other than the HD.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#36]
well, that, and the ability to do system updates without having to run a cable from my office to my living room (wifi)
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:49:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Arrrgh!  I wish I would have known that before I bought my ps3 40gb

*takes his ps2 off of craigslist*
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

pc > console.

U R not kewl 2 b so mean.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arrrgh!  I wish I would have known that before I bought my ps3 40gb

*takes his ps2 off of craigslist*

We had already bought our 40Gb from Walmart, then found out about that.  We didn't open is and just exchanged for the 80GB model the next day.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I  have a PS3 (80GB version) and have had ZERO problems with GTAIV
I also have anXBOX 360 and have had no problems on that version either.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#41]
IF you can buy a 60GB PS3 they are hard to get. They have a hardware emulator chip and almost all games are reverse compatible.

Sony discontinued the 60GB model because of the extra cost of the Hardware emulator chip and the new 80GB has software only emulation.

This means you cant play as many older PSX and PS2 games on the new 80GB PS3 system.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Works fine on my PS3, had it since it was released at midnight and never had a problem.

My heap of shit 360 is still a dedicated "Rapala Fishing" machine that is only used when my buddy brings his 8 year old over.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

i would bet all or most.

Do you have a source for this apparent load of crap?  My inventory tracking application doesn't show a single change coming up for this system price for the next 6 months.  We would assuredly know beforehand if our prices were going to go up.  PS3 prices have already been $600 for the 80GB and 60GB models.  Sony dropped the prices before.  They're not going to raise them again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i would bet all or most.

Do you have a source for this apparent load of crap?  My inventory tracking application doesn't show a single change coming up for this system price for the next 6 months.  We would assuredly know beforehand if our prices were going to go up.  PS3 prices have already been $600 for the 80GB and 60GB models.  Sony dropped the prices before.  They're not going to raise them again.

$600!!??
I paid $500 for mine with a copy of MetalStorm.  Gotta love PX's
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i would bet all or most.

$600!!??

Phrased that wrong - in the past, when the PS3 was first released, costs of the 60GB and if I remember correctly the 80GB when it first came out were $600.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i would bet all or most.

$600!!??

Phrased that wrong - in the past, when the PS3 was first released, costs of the 60GB and if I remember correctly the 80GB when it first came out were $600.

i believe i read that in playstation magazine a few months ago.  the article i read stated that in august, msrp would be $579.  sorry, i cant cite the specific article or issue as i generally toss the mags after i read them.

also, there are other ways of disputing information.  "load of crap" is slightly offensive considering the good nature in which i posted said information.

i apologize for my ignorance, in the future i will consult you before i try to answer playstation related questions.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top