BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The certified Angus thing is kind of a marketing ploy, if not a scam.

Angus is great beef, no doubt, but it comes in all grades from dog food to prime.  And, numerous other "beef" breeds produce similar quality, both great quality and shit.  And, and, there can be as much variation within a breed as there is between some breeds.

Big part of the equation (if not the single most important part of the equation, assuming a decent animal to begin with) is how it is feed out.  Poorly finished Angus is indistinguishable from poorly finished Hereford or Beefmaster.

Personally, I will take an F1 of any beef breed crossed with another beef breed.
View Quote
Coming from a different guy I know now who is a real cattleman, and not the guy I previously referenced, CERTIFIED ANGUS is a standard that is a marketing ploy and has nothing to do with the breed of beef you may be eating.

ETA: you could potentially be buying or eating longhorn, brahman, watusi, or anything else that met the marketing "standard" of certified angus.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We’re thinking of putting on some Brahmin cattle to our pasture.  They seem to eat scrubby stuff and don’t skinny down too much in the winter.   How do those taste?

@stutscattle
View Quote
For what you’re doing is buy Longhorns. They are delicious when grain finished.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dairy cow fat tastes different in my opinion.
View Quote
They spend their lives being shot up with BGH and fertility drugs and fed on a feed lot rather than grazed...and the crap
they get fed is fertilized with septic tank waste and then the crops sprayed with fungicides,pesticides,GMO to boot.

Dirty herded up in close proximity drink shit water...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top