User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 Just remember two things about abortions:

1. For some reason girls who have an abortion often have trouble getting pregnant or carrying a baby to term in the future.  

Maybe that is God's way of saying "Fuck You!"
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
No & i'm very much against abortion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Perhaps.
It wouldn't be the only reason, but it would play a part in the decision.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#6]

I'd be much more like to break up with a girl who had a KID in the past than one who had an abortion - and either keeps it at home (and hid it from me, or told me it was an ugly bassethound puppy or something) or gave it up for adoption.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the same boat....still undecided.  Worst part is that while it wasn't mine, she asked me for advice before she did it, did it anyway, and then told me that she really wasn't preggo, she had just got her period.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, but I also don't give a fuck about abortions. People that froth at the mouth over the abortion issue are either men or are nutjobs.

- rem

I have this little problem with people brutally murdering babies.  Call it a flaw in my personality.

Recently a nurse came forward with an eyewitness account where a pair of twins was aborted.

Problem was, they wouldn't die.   So the doctor put them in the sink and poured sterile water in their mouths and drowned them.  Then the doctor cut the babies' ears off and sold their body parts.

So the nurse just could not take it anymore and quit her job. She must be a real loser, huh?

The above sort of thing is legal and happens every day.

But... no big deal.

Signed,

Glad to be a Man and Nutcase (in your opinion).

PS -

Go to Google Images and type in "abortion" .

Have a look at the nightmare.  If you have the guts.

PPS -

To answer the original question:

Forgive the woman for her past.    Everyday every liberal and feminist says that abortion is a wonderful wonderful thing.  

There is more than one person who fell for that evil lie.

She also tell you the one where the guy gets really drunk, brings a girl back to his place and the next day he woke up in a bathtub filled with ice and no kidneys???

I'll bet she assisted with the man's dialisis, huh?

SweetmotherofGod.

Have your beliefs, but stupid urban legend crapola should not be respresented as facts...esp when it can't even come close enough to truth as to warrant speculation rather than ridicule.

To not totally hijack this thread:

Since I am female, I will flip this a bit:
If I were datinga guy who confessed to me that he supported his ex-girlfriend thru an abortion, I would need to know a helluva lot b4 I continued dating him. Did she get it because HE did not want the baby and refused to support it?
If so CURB.
Did he want the baby and she did it anyway? If so, lots and lots of understanding.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#9]
depends on the circumstances and how far along the pregnancy was.  the unborn baby starts emitting brain waves at 5 weeks.  as far as i'm concerned, that's when it becomes a living human.  i don't have a problem with abortions before this point in the pregnancy, but after 5 weeks, i think it's murder and would want nothing to do with the person.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Let he who is sin-free cast the first stone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No, but I also don't give a fuck about abortions. People that froth at the mouth over the abortion issue are either men or are nutjobs.

- rem

I have this little problem with people brutally murdering babies.  Call it a flaw in my personality.

Recently a nurse came forward with an eyewitness account where a pair of twins was aborted.

Problem was, they wouldn't die.   So the doctor put them in the sink and poured sterile water in their mouths and drowned them.  Then the doctor cut the babies' ears off and sold their body parts.

So the nurse just could not take it anymore and quit her job. She must be a real loser, huh?

But... no big deal.

Signed,

PS -

PPS -

Forgive the woman for her past.    Everyday every liberal and feminist says that abortion is a wonderful wonderful thing.  

She also tell you the one where the guy gets really drunk, brings a girl back to his place and the next day he woke up in a bathtub filled with ice and no kidneys???

I'll bet she assisted with the man's dialisis, huh?

SweetmotherofGod.

Have your beliefs, but stupid urban legend crapola should not be respresented as facts...esp when it can't even come close enough to truth as to warrant speculation rather than ridicule.

To not totally hijack this thread:

Since I am female, I will flip this a bit:
If I were datinga guy who confessed to me that he supported his ex-girlfriend thru an abortion, I would need to know a helluva lot b4 I continued dating him. Did she get it because HE did not want the baby and refused to support it?
If so CURB.
Did he want the baby and she did it anyway? If so, lots and lots of understanding.

Ok,

You guys are right,

people are not tearing apart their own children.

babies are not being killed on a daily basis

it's all a figment of my deranged and self-righteous imagination

what's happening is, women are simply "terminating" an "unwanted pregancy".

that little slogan makes all the pain go away.

it has noting to do with the a replusive and horrifying spectacle of children being torn apart in utero.

they look like little people, but they are not little people.   the cuntholes that write Cosmopolitan magazine say they ain't people.  that's that.  case closed.

after all, you can explain that ripping apart a fetus is a moral act, right?  now there is a little person, now there aint.  away goes trouble, down the drain.

to my disturbed mind, it just seems like they are murdering a little baby.  aren't I hard to get along with?  

of course if I were not such a self-rightous, judgemental prick I would be OK with it.

silly me.

I've been waiting for 25 years for someone to explain why killing a fetus is OK.  So far no answer, other than people calling me a prick and scornfully laughing at my ignorance.

I guess maybe I take these trivial little matters too seriously.

PS -

2005 House Bill 1563 (Prohibiting the sale of fetal body parts)

Introduced by Rep. Bill Hinkle on January 28, 2005, to prohibit the sale of fetal body parts that are a result of a terminated pregnancy or abortion. Those body parts are to be treated as human remains and buried or cremated in accordance with the law.
Referred to the House Health Care Committee on January 28, 2005.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#12]
That's why I broke up with my last girlfriend.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I would stay.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Depends on the curcumstances and how she felt about it now. We all have things in our past  we regret.

That being said, 10 pages and a Lock(or mooved to the religion forum)
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I've been waiting for 25 years for someone to explain why killing a fetus is OK.  So far no answer, other than people calling me a prick and scornfully laughing at my ignorance.

My guess is that is because you REJECT any logic other than your own.  I can easily explain why a first-trimester abortion doesn't pose any moral dilemma, problem, or even slight discomfort to me.  However, I find it highly unlikely that you would have any interest in, or patience for, any arguments that would be presented - and you would just end up calling me names.

So there probably isn't much point in trying to "explain", is there?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#18]
no, wouldn't dump her.

we can't all be perfect...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:10:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't like abortion, but I wouldn't condemn someone for having one. Raising a child you don't want can be a living hell for both sides.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I can easily explain why a first-trimester abortion doesn't pose any moral dilemma, problem, or even slight discomfort to me.  

Please do.
I've never really heard a rational explanation for it when discussing in person. I've seen a few explanations on the web, mostly having to do with when life actually starts.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope, I'm not an asshole.

Life is life you deal with things as they come
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yes, dumpsville.
Abortion, drugs, wanton sluttiness are all grounds for immediate dismissal.

Waht kind of selfish person murders their own baby because it's "inconvenient"?

A stupid selfish incompetent 16 year old.  But what if she's now 31, fifteen years later?  I doubt many here would agree that they have done something regrettable as a teenager.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes.

If she was that cold about her future offspring ,
how much do you think you or your future family
will mean to her ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#25]
No, I would not break up. Though I am strongly anti-abortion, the past is the past.  Whether bad judgement or difficult circumstance, who am I to judge.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm religious and I don't think that abortion is right.

I also think that people can be forgiven for their sins.

Having said that..............you are in a tough situation, one in which I would have no idea how I would feel or react.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#28]
It's the past, let it go.

I've done stupid shit in the past as well.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#29]
My Mom's whole family was on her to get an abortion.  Her parents, sisters, aunts and uncles all telling her that she was going to ruin her life forever if she had this kid.  

She knuckled down, quit smoking, drinking, drugs, finished school , and had me.  

I have a great deal more respect for a woman who ponies up and takes on responsibility than one who runs out and has surgery every time she wants to get some bareback.  My Step-dad took on the responsibility of raising me, and it was tough on him raising another man's kid and having a constant reminder running around that his wife was not always his, but he did it, and I have to give him respect for that.  

I hate abortion, the thought of it makes me ill, but it is the law of the land now and I am not the one who has to deal with the moral consequences of it.  On top of that the Little Darwin in me thinks that those who would get one should not be reproducing anyways.

Most women I know who had an abortion are remorseful, ashamed, and depressed, and in a way, that might be the biggest tragedy in this situation....women who were told it was a lifeless lump of tissue, only to realize afterwards it was their child.  

Would I break up with a woman who had an abortion?  If I loved her, I would be able to realize that she is who she is today because of who she was then, good and bad, and without her past she would not be the person I love now.  

So, no.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#30]
No
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#31]
If she still wants to have more abortions in the future, I would definately say no.  However some people regret having abortions, and at that point, I would have no ill feelings towards her.

Definately something to talk through.  Find out how she feels now.  Unless she just had the abortion yesterday, then that would be a different story.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#32]
It would suck to get your wiener wrapped up around a coat hanger "in there", but thats a chance im willing to take for teh poon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I would not want to date someone who has such little
regard for human life. I mean come on what the fuck is the difference
between killing a fetus or killing a toddler. The only difference
is a supreme court decision. Murder is murder.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#34]
If it didn't seem to bother her much, I'd walk away and never look back.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Well red65 i did some research on the story you posted.

there is ONE documented case of this and it pertains directly to this story. the company involved Opening Lines inc, KNEW what it was doing was illeagal and was a CANADIAN based company working out of an office in West Frankfort IL. there seem to have been NO instances since.

as a side note...

www.taemag.com/issues/articleid.16998/article_detail.asp

On September 10,1999 Opening Lines suddenly cleared out of its facility, leaving no forwarding information, apparently after a local news story exposed their previously secret operation, West Frankfort police chief Brett Hall tells TAE.

As i stated above the act was ALREADY illegal and as soon as it was brought out the company tucked tail and ran. Please site me an example of where this sort of trade is the NORM in the abortion industry as you claim it is. Abortion is bad enough without tossing around outdated BS information.

aw hell

i shouldn't have stuck that in, i don't feel like looking it up.

well consider it false until proved otherwise

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Would you ditch her if she was in a hotel having a wild sex party with 2 midgets and a truck driver?

WTF.  Okay, now you have to tell us about this......
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#38]
You have to wonder to yourself, "If she so carelessly discarded the child given her by one man how easily would she discard the child she may make with you?"  In addition, a child is a great responsibility.  If she so easily disposes of her responsibilities, what does that say of her character?

"Oh my, I just made a life-changing mistake.  Well, I'll just kill it."  Gee, sounds like a great girl to me.  You should marry her.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Dump her.

She has sex before marriage.

What does that say?

Oh and she did kill a child.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Don't  judge someone by where they were but where they are today.  

I never judge at all, if you are a Christain the Bible says not too. Even if you arent a Christain you still shouldnt judge someone cause you arent in their situation.

With that said I am against Abortion, but the past is the past as long as she wouldnt have another one...
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Would you ditch her if she was in a hotel having a wild sex party with 2 midgets and a truck driver?

It depends on what truck line he drove for.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't  judge someone by where they were but where they are today.  

I never judge at all, if you are a Christain the Bible says not too. Even if you arent a Christain you still shouldnt judge someone cause you arent in their situation.

With that said I am against Abortion, but the past is the past as long as she wouldnt have another one...

I beg to differ.  If I met what I believed to be the most wonderful guy alive and learned he did time for murder...I'm sorry his past does count.  It's too bad that in America the definition of murder rests on the age of the victim.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#43]
If you love her, dont break up with her for that.

Maybe there are underyling reasons why she did it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I'd stay.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#45]
To me it would be a red flag.  I don't think I could deal with that kind of situation.

FWIW my ex told me that if she ever got pregnant (while we were together) that she would get an abortion.  I didn't break up with her over that (I should have) but it never sat right with me.  

If she had been raped and got the abortion because of that, that might change things.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
If you love her, dont break up with her for that.

Maybe there are underyling reasons why she did it.

To the best of my knowledge, there is only one reason to get an abortion...

I don't oppose abortion per se, but the sort of people that get them (unless the condom broke or rape was involved) probably aren't the most responsible types in the world. Besides, it means she had unprotected sex, and I don't want to get bit by the AIDS monkey!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Yup. Abortion is baby killing

my gf was raped, and was junior in highschool.  I say she did what she had to do.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- rem

But... no big deal.

Signed,

PS -

PPS -

My grandfather was a doctor, my uncles are doctors, my father is a doctor.  This is BS of the highest order.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:35:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Married couples that don't want kids and use birth control - the pill - do get pregnant.  Those are the kinds of people that have abortions.

Brian
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:41:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:  Even women who have had abortions can get right and be redeemed.

Sometimes abortion is more about the practicalities of life on earth than the wishes of eternal afterlife......

Quoted:  But I know a woman who aborted two children without ever telling her husband. That right there is cause for kicking the sorry woman out the door.

Assuming the two pregnancies were the results of sex with her husband, it says more about the husband that she didn't want children/more children with him......

Brian
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top