Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
"Possibly, an Uzi or other small Sub-Machine Gun for Close Battles or Moving Shots."

That phrase fascinates me (among other things in that post).  So if the target is moving, the spray and pray method becomes viable?  I guess taking your time and leading must be passe'.  Oh, and three assault pistols?  I'll assume that meant autoloading pistols.  But three?  Well, if anything, they'd act as defacto body armor.  And he's also tossing in three laser light pointers (for meetings and presentations?).

EMDDIESEL, that's another interesting post.  Let's see; M240G is basically an FN MAG weighing approx. 25 lbs.  You're going to somehow carry 800 rounds of 7.62 ammo (linked!) so we'll add another 55 lbs.  And to cap it off, you're going to strap on 11 30 round AR mags for another 20 lbs or so for a whopping 100 lbs with no LBV.  And if you do have an LBV, you're actually going to carry more ammo.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2001 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I spent a little time in the Infantry, nobody wanted to carry, any extra wight. A saw gunner does not have an AG, and does carry 6 M16 mags in the old LBE anyway, I retired in "94", and never used the newer LBV. A lot of times the saw gunner carried the saw with a mag instead of the belt box attached to the weapon. I would like a side arm over a spare upper, every time. Beretta M93 would be a nice side arm IMHO.

SFC(ret) Rew E. Williams  
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I might consider a Shrike Upper. The Shrike is a Belt-Fed Upper for the AR-15/M-16 that is currently being developed. But, I definitely would not carry another regular upper. Extra ammunition goes a long way. Possibly, a few more sidearms, since I wouldn't want to reload a sidearm, if the enemy gets that close. Definitely, would carry a Night Vision Scope and a Silencer. Possibly, an Uzi or other small Sub-Machine Gun for Close Battles or Moving Shots.

Heres a chart/list:

1 - Standard M-16 w. 20" or 16" Upper
       M203 Grenade Launcher
             Some Extra 40mm Rounds
       Night Vision Scope
       Silencer
       Flash Supressor
       Extra Ammo. Mags. in Jungle Config.
       Extra Shrike Upper (For Belt-Fire)
       Laser Pointer Light
1 - Standard M9 Sidearm
       Laser Pointer Light
1 - IMI Uzi (9mm)
       Extra Ammo. Mags.
       Silencer
       Flash Supressor
       Laser Pointer Light
3 - 'Assault' Pistols
       Hi-Capacity Mags.
       Silencer
       Laser Pointer Light
6 - Extra Grenades

Oh Yeah, and Class IV or Higher Kevlar Body Armor (Weather Permitting) with Rifle/Trauma Plates
View Quote

Good luck trying to move.
View Quote

Hah. Like you are not some 98 pound wealing yourself. In the really Special special forces, this is what my team and I would carry on a day partol. You leightwhieghts need to bulk up and get some real gear, and lots of practice using it. a couple hundreds round daily keeps you sharp and on your target, which I bet none of you here without having my job even do. This guy cc has the right idea, the ar is very versatile, so take qdvantage of it and carry one of every sort of upper you need. In my opinion, he's go to little ammo to survive one decent firefight in any of the mall's  Hot Zones or Critical Disruption areas, and needs double the stantard loadout of HE and frag grenedes. uzi's and MAC-11s have there uses in retail CQB, as do deicated hushpuppies, like thw MK23. If you cant handel it, go back to the wussie military special forces or where ever the guys who washout of retail securtiy go.

Gecko45
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to carry around a pair of GAU-2/B 7.62mm Miniguns with 10,000 rounds and 14 2.75 inch rockets...Oh, and my handy dandy S&W Model 15 .38 special.  I carried 'em in a Huey, but I still had to carry 'em...sorta.  The .38 anyway.

Ain't it grand that somebody with no real life experience can read something on the Internet, misinterpret it, and suddenly become the final authority on the subject?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dave G:
......... Ain't it grand that somebody with no real life experience can read something on the Internet, misinterpret it, and suddenly become the final authority on the subject?
View Quote

Dave G: you are right on the money. I have been
coming to this board for about a year. I am convinced that there are some here that have absolutely no foundation in reality at all.

I think I will start a thread that asks how many see a head doctor on a regular basis or are on prescribed mind altering drugs, or illegal drugs for recreation on a regular basis.

I mean like the guy that posted he got a new soft body armor vest (not bullet proof vest) and wanted his wife to wear is and let him shoot her. Jeez..

Ultramaroons.....

I have humped with full field gear, back when I was in much better condition (30 years ago) and hated it then. (Ft. Polk, LA.,1969)
BTW - at that time a full load was about 70 lbs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#8]
You can make fun of me Sinister, but my tatical expertis has stood me in good stead, while your joking wikll not save your butt when you have gone and ependad you last round of ammo in the ferocious hordes of attacker, or when you need to make a 500 yad takedown and you've only got one short ar uper. You'll need more than  funny carrtoons to deal with it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2001 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You guys are way to high speed for me. The standard 20" M-16A2 is all you need for any situation. If you hit a guy at 400 Meters it may not kill him, but he will think twice about shooting back. Having an extra upper is a great idea...but not in combat. Just my $.02

RLTW
View Quote

Me too, instead of an extra upper I"m carrying the equivalent in EXTRA AMMO.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#10]
[size=3]Again I ask:[/size=3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Hits? Yes, absolutely. Disabling hits? Probably not, especially using military ammo.
-Troy

600m - 1267 fps - It still is a big OUCH

Tests show that the .223 won't fragment under 2,700 fps, so with a short barrel like 11.5 anything over 40-50 meters is just making .22 sized holes.
View Quote

But, what if you are using BTHP bullets?
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Soldiers are restricted to FMJ rounds.

If I had the room for 2 uppers why couldn't I just leave one behind and fold up a hang glider and put it in my pocket. Just in case we got trapped on the top of a cliff.
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:(:
Soldiers are restricted to FMJ rounds.

If I had the room for 2 uppers why couldn't I just leave one behind and fold up a hang glider and put it in my pocket. Just in case we got trapped on the top of a cliff.
View Quote

One should rapple of of short cliffs, because the rope is very mutipurpose, and can be used as a noose, a whip, or you can mock up a pair of nunchaku if you are desparate. Hang gliding will get you shot from the people stanid on the cliff, I am more interestd in personal rocket packs or jet pack or even some of the new anti gravtiy magnetic levitatonal devices in design. these should be much better than a hanglider, and if they are not over 60 pounds when carried, then they are not to bulky to bring with the rest of the neccesary gear. clibbing down cliffs is also possible with special boots, you might look into.

Gecko45
Link Posted: 6/22/2001 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top