Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Without a doubt the new KIA commercial where it is draped with a sheet painted like a Chevy Citation.

The Citation was the biggest piece of shit Chevy ever put out and the picture association will do anything but sell cars.

Just think they paid someone for that.

The worst marketing idea and campaign though has to go to the Caddilac Cimeron which damaged Caddy's image for decades and lost them a major portion of the high end market.  For those too young to remember the Cimeron was a Cavalier with Caddlilac emblems.  

Just think this was at a time that Ford was kicking off their Ford Tough campaign and Chrysler their Dodge Different.

God, GM needs some new marketing and advertising guys.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Any Old Navy commercial makes me want to puke.

The ADT commercials...  "GET YOUR FREAKING GUN!"  They drive my wife and I nuts.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for DITEC.  I sat for an hour in a doctor's office recently and that commercial came on FIVE TIMES!!  I have this massive impulse to take a large piece of steel pipe to the back of the actor's head.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I love that "Rubber Band Man" commercial.

GunLvr

Yeah, that's gotta be the coolest "fro" I've ever seen in my life! And SIX rear-view mirrors on the mailroom cart...

The funniest ad I remember seeing was the "family reunion" ad back when Toyota had the "are you tough enough for a Tundra" campaign.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it just me, or does it seem like a really bad marketing idea to have mutant rodent-looking things trying to sell food products (Quiznos).

What has been making me laugh lately is the commercial for Comcast DSL.  Guy is looking at a row boat, and asks the salesman if it's fast.  Salesman says 'like a flounder'.  Guy asks if flounders are fast.  Salesman says 'They're the cheetahs of the sea'.  Guy says 'I thought flounders sat around on the bottom'.  Salesman says 'More like a tired cheetah'.  I love that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Pay attention to this phenomenon the next time you watch commercials.  

Notice that nearly every commercial attempting to be humorous has a white male being made fun of, or humiliated, or shown in some negative light...

e.g.

--the alarm co. ad mentioned in this thread--the white male father cowers while mom TCBs.  

--Dairy Queen--the white male with the baby papoose getting messed up by the baby

--another one is (not sure what the product is) where there are two black golfers on the course and it's a white male in the pond who raises up out of the lilly pads to have ball bounce off of his head and then onto the green (sure, white male is helping black golfers, but come on, how humiliating is the premise that the white male goes to the length to hide in the pond to have the ball bounce off his head to help thier golf games!)  Sick.  

There are MANY more examples of this going on.  White males simply can't be in charge and in power on t.v. anymore.  

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone remember the Miller "Dick" ads?  Absolutely the worst.  People got fired over that campaign.  Funny thing is they "worked" in that people talked about them.  I made it a point not to drink Miller products just because of that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HI!! BILLY MAYS HERE...!!!

www.whotokill.com/Marks/Billy_Mays.jpg

I love Billy Mays!

He's powered by the oxygen we breathe, and activated by the water we drink, you know!

Dave
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top