[#1]
lightweights
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is .91% in octane?

Almost 2 proof.

You know you're a drinker when your blood proofs almost as high as some beers.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
about as meaningful a # as BMI.

npd223 got curious at the Hun Farm one weekend and pulled a breathalyzer out of the trunk of his car.  i blew a .429 but JAFO still beat me

Jesus.

Ive seen pics of you...you're a skinny little guy too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When I checked myself into the hospital to detox, I was .24 and was perfectly coherent.  I actually was starting to get the shakes from needing a drink while I was in admitting.  Fortunately, I brought in a pint of vodka with me.

Arfcommers are always prepared.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a client with a .41.

Life long alcoholic.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meagan Harper

Not often do you come across a mug shot and second guess yourself asto whether your looking at a criminal or not. Meagan Harper, a 30 yearold woman from Oregon, standing at five feet and eleven inches tall andweighing 130 pounds doesn’t seem a likely candidate for DUI. In herlifetime, the strikingly pretty blonde has collected numerous DUI’s butthis latest is her biggest as her blood alcohol content was found to be.55%. Meagan’s bail was posted at $50,000 in a Clackamas countycourthouse.

http://www.barstools.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/meagan-harp1.jpg

Hello

She aint no "cheap date"...drink ya right under the table

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meagan Harper

Not often do you come across a mug shot and second guess yourself asto whether your looking at a criminal or not. Meagan Harper, a 30 yearold woman from Oregon, standing at five feet and eleven inches tall andweighing 130 pounds doesn’t seem a likely candidate for DUI. In herlifetime, the strikingly pretty blonde has collected numerous DUI’s butthis latest is her biggest as her blood alcohol content was found to be.55%. Meagan’s bail was posted at $50,000 in a Clackamas countycourthouse.

Hello

i bet her panties were off at this point already
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I went to high school with Denise Thomson....... She played soccer and had the body too

Heard she got into a abusive relationship and this was shortly after all of that went down.

Omaha native.  What school did she go to?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:03:55 PM EDT
[#9]
When your blood has a proof rating,  you DEFINITELY need to take a good look at yourself while you're still alive to do so.

1 proof... 0.5% alcohol.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]
So vampires need to be old enough to drink to sample from these folks?  

Sounded better than tag
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow....at .91% I'm sure you have to stop smoking as your breath becomes flammable....thats absolutely insane.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Transported a 19 year old young man to the hospital a few months ago with a confirmed BAC of .495. 5 days later it was .08. He was initially combative when we got on scene, and deteriorated to a GCS of 3 while in transport. He survived.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've done .3 a few times, even .4 twice when I was drinking. Be 5 years clean in December. I got a new hobbie now, gun collecting. So I suppose I could get into a altogether different kind of trouble theses days. By the way .9 = 90%.

fail
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meagan Harper

Hello

i bet her panties were off at this point already

That girl knows how to party.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Worked nights in the ER for several years.

BACs of .3 and .4 were routine on most nights.

Any time a drunk came in, nurses would place a quarter in the specimen cup

and write down their guess on the board. Closest guess took the quarters.

Gotta do something to relieve stress, right?

I won frequently because people often guess an alcoholic's BAC will be higher than it actually is.

FWIW, an alcoholic's liver develops an ability to process alcohol
much more rapidly

through an alternate pathway
known as the MEOS, or microsomal ethanol oxidizing system.

While they may drink a lot, their liver breaks it down more rapidly,

so the passed-out alcoholic's BAC is always lower than the drunk college freshman's BAC.

The highest I ever treated was .671

Middle aged woman asleep in the driver's seat in her driveway.

Husband didn't even know she drank at all, let alone the fact that she was an alcoholic.

She's also the second highest BAC I ever personally saw at .667 a couple of years later.

Mmm boy, did she like vodka.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to work at the Anchorage Native Medical Center several years ago.  .50 was pretty common.  There were some that were utterly lucid and unfazed at that level  We had a ".700 club" that was a little harder to reach but still got a new member every month or two.  The truly fascinating ones were the ones that hit these levels with mouthwash, hairspray, perfume, etc.  I didn't drink for several years after working that job.  Just the smell of alcohol bothered me.  It seems like people who work with it alot that way tend to go one extreme or the other.   (tee totaler or drinking like a fish)
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I recently purchased a breathalyzer, just for shits and gigs for party's and get togethers and such. I recently blew this, it's the highest I've personally gotten it, but my brother got a .34. The max is .40, and we've got a running bet going with 4 of us. The first one to max it out gets 100 dollars from the other participants.

http://i32.tinypic.com/1581tmx.jpg

If your meter is somewhat accurate, then that's a stupid game to be playing (and a 100 bucks isn't the stupid prize you'll likely be winning).

It's accurate to .01% and by my calculations, and please correct me if i'm wrong, 3 people times 100 dollars each is 300 dollars. I'm not an asian math whiz though so I could be mistaken.

Quoted:

Quoted:
I recently purchased a breathalyzer, just for shits and gigs for party's and get togethers and such. I recently blew this, it's the highest I've personally gotten it, but my brother got a .34. The max is .40, and we've got a running bet going with 4 of us. The first one to max it out gets 100 dollars from the other participants.

http://i32.tinypic.com/1581tmx.jpg

good way to get someone killed

Dont hate the player, hate the game.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Tolerance can make you drink stupid amount of liquor that would easily kill a normal person.

Back in my younger and dumber days, I would routinely split a 750ml  of Early Times with one of my college drinking buddies to "get a buzz" before going out to the bars.  Cause hey, you saved money that way since you didnt need to get your buzz started at the bar, then just finish the night off at the bar with only another dozen double bourbon and cokes.

I think the most I drank at one time was a buddy and myself mixed a 1.75L of jack, a 1L bottle of coke, and some ice in a gallon milk jug and somehow got it into Willy Nelsons 4th of July picnic in Luckenback Texas and drank that whole thing in a couple hour timeframe.  I remember this incident clearly, because I somehow got pulled over on the way home to San Antonio and passed a roadside field (follow the pen with the eyes and touch the nose) sobriety test.  

I realized after that incident the error of my ways (thanked my lucky stars I didnt go to jail or kill somebody) and quite drinking and driving.

12+ years later I am sure that same gallon jug of jack and coke would put me in the hospital today.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top